Proposal: Nils Hoglander for Brayden Schneider. Van/NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I’d be careful. Schneider is the next Pronger. Also he pisses rainbows and floats among the clouds with unicorns. When he lands back down to earth, he treats world hunger and impregnates woman by eye contact.
again, you have nothing to add. It’s like you saying you think Hoglanders playing style is similar to Briere/Drury or ( insert name here) Whatever player his Style compares to in the nucks top 9, likely middle 6.
And me saying “ oh yea he’s the same as
As a 6-7 time all-Star derp derp derp.
You just come off looking like an epic schmuck

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Again, you pretty much state why he will be a trade chip available regardless of fans opinion. It comes down to depth and obviously they have a good thing over in NY. RHD will be what you trade but it won’t be Fox or Trouba. Nils occupies the other RHD spot and he will be on one of the two PP units going forward. Schneider will be a trade chip for Offence to improve the overall balance of the team and Rangers will get a good return for him.

your wrong again. Many View Schneider to the superior prospect over Lundkvist long term.
Nils might have a better shot and put up more points, but Schneider likely beats him in every other facet of Defense. And that’s not a shot at nils. He’ll be a solid player in his own right.
Rangers have Jones/Lundkvist/Fox all in on team or ready to play by next season.
They are all relatively the same size and and play a 2-way PMD style. Miller, while bigger, also plays a similar style.
Right now, besides Schneider the only other player with the size and capability to play the same physical mobile D style and contribute on the offensive side as well is Trouba.
While Trouba is a beast for us, he also makes 8 mill a year. We’re going to need that cap space soon. Trouba’s NMC changes to a MNTC in 2 seasons after this year. At that point in time, most fans are expecting Schneider to step up and Fill that void.
The rangers have a lot invested in him and think very highly of him as well. All Schneider has done since the day we picked him at the draft was impress and increase his value.
Finding a potential player like that is very valuable. That’s exactly why the only other 1 we currently have makes 8 million dollars a year.
It’s a harder to find commodity then a smallish top 9 smaller playmaking/scoring wing.
Is that easy enough to follow for you?
It’s like Gold being more rare then silver.....
Not a preference, it’s a real world fact.
The only Hoglander has over Schneider at this point is that he’s played well when he got his opportunity.........
NYR fans are banking on Schneider to do the same when he gets a chance.

Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
your wrong again. Many View Schneider to the superior prospect over Lundkvist long term.
Nils might have a better shot and put up more points, but Schneider likely beats him in every other facet of Defense. And that’s not a shot at nils. He’ll be a solid player in his own right

TRUE
and I am known as perhaps staucnhest Nils advocate

Feb 19, 2018
called for bs

Schneider will not be dealt.
Fox obv not going but Trouba may go early and if not Schneid is then our 3RD until no later than 2 seasons after this we Trouba's nmc expires or downgrades and we can move his $$$$. We may be able to bribe him to be moved earlier depending on a number of factors.

If we keep KAM and that is not set in stone, we are looking at
Nils playing either side sliding over
lefty Jones ditto staying at LD
Robertson
and selling high on Lindgren as options

we are not giving younger Schneider away
Trouba most likely will go, if possible sooner than later
He has a no trade my man and specifically wanted to play on the Rangers. That is wishful thinking due to cap space. Not happening. Hence why I offered a top 6 20 year old on a ELC in the initial proposal.

Feb 19, 2018
Who is going to take Trouba at 8 million dollars? I’m pretty sure you’re stuck with him unless you retain 2/3 million in a deal. Also, with his past teams will be hesitant to trade for him.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Hoglander is still on an entry-level contract and the Canucks have no cap room to acquire anyone.

The value in players like Hoglander is that not only are they 'good', but they're earning less than $1m a season. The Canucks will max out the value of his contract before they even think about trading him.

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
Hoglander is still on an entry-level contract and the Canucks have no cap room to acquire anyone.

The value in players like Hoglander is that not only are they 'good', but they're earning less than $1m a season. The Canucks will max out the value of his contract before they even think about trading him.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
He has a no trade my man and specifically wanted to play on the Rangers. That is wishful thinking due to cap space. Not happening. Hence why I offered a top 6 20 year old on a ELC in the initial proposal.

his nmc is not entire duration of his deal.
Rangers regain some control 2 seasons after this.

At that pt, NY can sell his ass with limitation, but with overriding final say control. Whether he likes that relocation or not.

Or conversely, after this season, NY can bribe him to waive early.
If he goes there, NY would be inclined to bend over backwards to relocate him to team of preference.
NY could also donate a mil tax deduction to med facility of his wife's choice, with understanding a solid chunk of it will apply to advance his wife's pursuits in whatever field she chooses.

In any event, like I said, Schneider will get here next year.
One of the LD will go most likely, and Nils will play 3LD unless subbing for an RD on a nite off.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
I like Guhle so I'm going to ignore that for now and just talk about the Pronger/Schneider part. The poster is talking about the role Schneider will have with the team. The poster is not claiming Schneider is the next Pronger. So drop it already. Adding a laugh at the end doesn't make it funny.

Schneider is a 2020 draft pick who turned 20 a few months ago. Trying to downplay value because he's not in the NHL is simply ridiculous. If you don't think the value is close, that's fair, and you can value Hoglander more, but a winger being almost a full year older, already playing in the NHL shouldn't be used against Schneider in any value argument.

Schneider plays nothing like Chris Pronger and will have a fraction of the impact he does if he even pans out. This role comparison is absolute garbage. Just because he loves open ice hits and being physical in general does not mean he plays a Chris Pronger role lol. Hell, in that case you could say Erik Gudbranson plays a Chris Pronger role.

And of course playing the NHL can be used against Schneider. Hog has proven he’s a top six winger in his rookie season. I’m not saying Schneider won’t be a top 4 dman because I definitely think he can be a solid #3/4 dman in the future. But until then, Hoglander has more value and wouldn’t even be traded straight up for Schneider. Rangers have zero reason to make that move either. Keep Schneider and eventually trade Lundqvist or miraculously get rid of Trouba’s contract on the right side and you’ll have the best RHD depth in the league if he pans out. You rangers fans are acting like Schneider will win the Norris.

Reactions: Prominence

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
If he goes there, NY would be inclined to bend over backwards to relocate him to team of preference.
NY could also donate a mil tax deduction to med facility of his wife's choice, with understanding a solid chunk of it will apply to advance his wife's pursuits in whatever field she chooses.
This will never happen. Bern delusions at it's finest.

Reactions: Hawkyknowledge

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
Schneider plays nothing like Chris Pronger and will have a fraction of the impact he does if he even pans out. This role comparison is absolute garbage. Just because he loves open ice hits and being physical in general does not mean he plays a Chris Pronger role lol. Hell, in that case you could say Erik Gudbranson plays a Chris Pronger role.

And of course playing the NHL can be used against Schneider. Hog has proven he’s a top six winger in his rookie season. I’m not saying Schneider won’t be a top 4 dman because I definitely think he can be a solid #3/4 dman in the future. But until then, Hoglander has more value and wouldn’t even be traded straight up for Schneider. Rangers have zero reason to make that move either. Keep Schneider and eventually trade Lundqvist or miraculously get rid of Trouba’s contract on the right side and you’ll have the best RHD depth in the league if he pans out. You rangers fans are acting like Schneider will win the Norris.
I think he was saying Braden is defensive Dman who hits. I don’t think Grubanson is a puck mover and consider him like Braden a defensive Dman who needs to be paired with a Puck mover like Quinn Hughes. I see Braden being like Beukeboom who will allow his partner to be free offensively.

Hoglander I agree has more value than Braden but things can change in the future.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
I think he was saying Braden is defensive Dman who hits. I don’t think Grubanson is a puck mover and consider him like Braden a defensive Dman who needs to be paired with a Puck mover like Quinn Hughes. I see Braden being like Beukeboom who will allow his partner to be free offensively.

Hoglander I agree has more value than Braden but things can change in the future.
Agreed.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas

1- He wanted to play in the USA because his then-girlfriend (now wife) was set to start her medical residency soon, and she couldn't do that in Canada. Most medical residencies are 3 or 4 years long. So unless her specialty is surgery or urology or one of the handful of longer residencies (which can run up to 7 years), Dr. Trouba will be long finished with her residency and be fully licensed to practice medicine LONG before Trouba's NMC turns into a LNTC in the summer of 2024.

2- Trouba and his wife love Florida living. So much so, in fact, that they bought a million+ dollar ocean-view condo in Ft. Lauderdale Florida several years ago. Kinda makes sense for Dr. Trouba, as she transitions from her residency to her full time career, to look for jobs in the area where they already own a luxury condo, no?

3- Trouba will only have two years left on his contract in the summer of 2024, and each of those years costs $6m in real money (all of his signing bonus will have been paid by the end of this current season. Further, depending on the return, I'm sure the Rangers could retain a million or two, and Trouba would STILL only be 30 years old that summer.

4- You know who has a team whose core is pretty much exactly the same age range as Trouba, could use some solid defensemen, is within spitting distance of Ft. Lauderdale, and would likely jump at a 30 year old #2 defenseman that--with 2m retained--would carry a $6m cap hit and a scant $4m real money cost? The Florida Panthers. It's such a perfect fit for both sides that I would be surprised if Trouba DIDN'T finish his current contract as a Panther, and I could even see him waiving the NMC a year early if it looked like Schneider was ready to step into that role sooner rather than later.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
1- He wanted to play in the USA because his then-girlfriend (now wife) was set to start her medical residency soon, and she couldn't do that in Canada. Most medical residencies are 3 or 4 years long. So unless her specialty is surgery or urology or one of the handful of longer residencies (which can run up to 7 years), Dr. Trouba will be long finished with her residency and be fully licensed to practice medicine LONG before Trouba's NMC turns into a LNTC in the summer of 2024.

2- Trouba and his wife love Florida living. So much so, in fact, that they bought a million+ dollar ocean-view condo in Ft. Lauderdale Florida several years ago. Kinda makes sense for Dr. Trouba, as she transitions from her residency to her full time career, to look for jobs in the area where they already own a luxury condo, no?

3- Trouba will only have two years left on his contract in the summer of 2024, and each of those years costs $6m in real money (all of his signing bonus will have been paid by the end of this current season. Further, depending on the return, I'm sure the Rangers could retain a million or two, and Trouba would STILL only be 30 years old that summer.

4- You know who has a team whose core is pretty much exactly the same age range as Trouba, could use some solid defensemen, is within spitting distance of Ft. Lauderdale, and would likely jump at a 30 year old #2 defenseman that--with 2m retained--would carry a $6m cap hit and a scant $4m real money cost? The Florida Panthers. It's such a perfect fit for both sides that I would be surprised if Trouba DIDN'T finish his current contract as a Panther, and I could even see him waiving the NMC a year early if it looked like Schneider was ready to step into that role sooner rather than later.

YES, YES, YES and thank you
And you notice this sceanrio ^ does not feature any further grease the wheels level of motivation I offered as a sweetener for JT.

When we trade Strome, it will be continuation of message we began w/Buch: no one is above the cap.

It will behoove JT to max his post career chit trove by considering to do a deal as early as next season, instead of waiting til the last minute of the season after

Paddys Pub

Jul 18, 2016
Port Coquitlam

At that pt, NY can sell his ass with limitation, but with overriding final say control. Whether he likes that relocation or not.

One of the LD will go most likely, and Nils will play 3LD unless subbing for an RD on a nite off.

This is legit crazy talk.
No one will pay to take on that salary at that point of his career.
Also, pretty sure you aren’t allowed to offer bribes like you mentioned to get someone to void a contract clause. Lol. Sounds illegal.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
This is legit crazy talk.
No one will pay to take on that salary at that point of his career.
Also, pretty sure you aren’t allowed to offer bribes like you mentioned to get someone to void a contract clause. Lol. Sounds illegal.

speculating w/o any knowledge of the facts

allowed to speculate in advance of offer to engage in any legal activity to ask if that would hypothetically prompt change on nmc, which inquiry at any time is fully legal

giving a donation to charity, even targeted w/quid pro quo, is legal esp at hypothethical let's discuss it stage

=======
As to the salary, it depends

I could see TB trading aging Stamkos w/similar cap hit +
for
younger Trouba

or there are many possibilities, but
he is
top $ at 8
fair at 6.5
value at 6
bargain at 5ish

depending on what comes back, NY can take less and work w/breathing room from any cap

biggest prob there is limiting factor of which club/how many clubs will Trouba consent us to move him to if he opts to go early?

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
This Schneider kid has his career mapped out already by some. May I ask when my next Million will arrive?

I don’t even know why this discussion is happening, it’s public knowledge that the Rangers refused to move him for Eichel. They certainly aren’t going to move him for far less.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Uhh are you kidding me I’m not a fan of either team but Hoglander is a young cost controlled top 6 nhler. Schneinder has yet to play a game in the NHL and may never be an impact NHLer. Hoglander has much more value

Living up to your name. Bless!

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
We don’t have the playing time available for Lafreniere but we do for Hoglander? We have no need for Hoglander. If you want Schneider, offer up Pettersson or Horvat.

How about both. Petterson and Horvat for Schneider. Or do you need us to retain? 100% retention? 150% retention?! What do you need?!?!

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois

He keeps playing like he is would be silly to move on from him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad