Proposal: Nils Hoglander for Brayden Schneider. Van/NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Projects as Trouba is different then actually becoming Trouba
It’s hard to project. Especially how much Offense he’s going to generate.
Schneider has a legit shot to move the puck better then Trouba does.
Neither guy is going to get substantial 1 PP time while Fox is a ranger. And shouldn’t.
What makes Schneider important to the rangers back end for the future, Is keeping that physical play and not losing mobility.
If he can provide solid, smash mouth D on 2nd pair/PK while contributing 30-35pts that’s all you can really ask for.
As far as the rangers having a problem moving Trouba when the time comes, not likely. Especially what big, physical D that move the puck just signed for over the offseason.
It’s likely Trouba Is here at least another 2 seasons until his NMC switches to a MNTC.
At that time, the hope is Schneider can step into his role.
Trading Trouba at age 30, while he only has 2 years left on his deal at 8 mill per shouldn’t be a problem, especially if he’s playing the way he has been for the rangers over the last year and change.
With a solid partner, he can play heavy top 4 minutes on pretty much any team that looks to add him.
And as far as Schneider’s potential, no one knows? Much like Miller, he’s got the physical god given tools few players have. Whether he tops out as a 3-4 2nd pair guy or higher remains to be seen. The reason ranger fans like him so much is because he’s gotten better every season since being drafted.
At this time, and with what we have and lack in the system, the rangers just aren’t interested in dealing Schneider.

Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
It’s hard to project. Especially how much Offense he’s going to generate.
Schneider has a legit shot to move the puck better then Trouba does.
Neither guy is going to get substantial 1 PP time while Fox is a ranger. And shouldn’t.
What makes Schneider important to the rangers back end for the future, Is keeping that physical play and not losing mobility.
If he can provide solid, smash mouth D on 2nd pair/PK while contributing 30-35pts that’s all you can really ask for.
As far as the rangers having a problem moving Trouba when the time comes, not likely. Especially what big, physical D that move the puck just signed for over the offseason.
It’s likely Trouba Is here at least another 2 seasons until his NMC switches to a MNTC.
At that time, the hope is Schneider can step into his role.
Trading Trouba a age 30, while he only has 2 years left on his deal at 8 mill per shouldn’t be a problem, especially if he’s playing the way he has been for the rangers over the last year and change.
With a solid partner, he can play heavy top 4 minutes on pretty much any team that looks to add him.
And as far as Schneider’s potential, no one know? Much like Miller, he’s got the physical god given tools few players have. Whether he tops out as a 3-4 2nd pair guy or higher remains to be seen. The reason ranger fans like him so much is because he’s gotten better every season since being drafted.
At this time, and with what we have and lack in the system, the rangers just aren’t interested in dealing Schneider.

Agree w/all of this, except I think we have an outside chance Trouba lets us induce him to waive early. I'd say:
0% this yr
1 in 3 next
2 in 3 following

He has to know it is inevitable.
The only ? is can what favor we offer him now, and possibly post career, if that is enuf to move the needle.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Here we go with the "I'll give you a little tug under the desk if you do me this favor". Rangers aren't offering him a post playing career with the organization just to move him.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Here we go with the "I'll give you a little tug under the desk if you do me this favor". Rangers aren't offering him a post playing career with the organization just to move him.

Not sayin they're married to the guy after he hangs up the skates.
I'm saying he does them no favors they owe him nothing.
He does this favor and it is proportional.
It is not 20 yr gravey train.
Could be a yr as a consultant and a break in if he needs a shot somewhere as a scout or asst coach.
Not sayin no one else would hire, but they'd make it happen imo

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Not sayin they're married to the guy after he hangs up the skates.
I'm saying he does them no favors they owe him nothing.
He does this favor and it is proportional.
It is not 20 yr gravey train.
Could be a yr as a consultant and a break in if he needs a shot somewhere as a scout or asst coach.
Not sayin no one else would hire, but they'd make it happen imo
It doesn't work like that. It never has.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
In the real world, stuff like this happens under the radar.
More than you'd care to admit.
If you look at the guys who have traditionally filled those jobs for the NYR, its the Gilbert, Duguay, Graves crowd - all great or at least solid Rangers. Give me an example of some player that we employed later allegedly for a favorable contract action.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
If you look at the guys who have traditionally filled those jobs for the NYR, its the Gilbert, Duguay, Graves crowd - all great or at least solid Rangers. Give me an example of some player that we employed later allegedly for a favorable contract action.

1. I said under the radar.
Not gonna spend time researching this.
It is established as a given that "goodwill" is a recognized biz practice.
Usually it is above board, but in certain situations, you can see it as I said.

2. You are looking at high profile local slots, with guys who show up.
We can throw him a few bucks and say congrats, you are another set of eyes for us, on a loose schedule, for this area of __________ wherev he wants.

It's a very simple thing.
We say thanks for your service.
We now have to deal w/cap.
We can do nothing and unload you the second your nmc morphs, and in that instance it may not be where you prefer, no promises;
OR
you can work with us now and we will move you earlier.

If you consider to go there, what can we do for you within the scope of what is possible to make you a happy camper.

ps - given how far along the wife is in early part of her career, we may be able to help with that...

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Let's just call it Schneider -for- Podkolzin and call it a day
No

Schneider isn't a player they care to move. He is a player everyone wants in trades.

I think nyr will be floating Nils or some other prospects to fill the holes on the roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad