Proposal: Nils Hoglander for Brayden Schneider. Van/NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Burnaby Schmo

Jan 23, 2021
As much as the Canucks need a RD, I'd be loathe to part with Hogs, especially right now. He does everything well, and will only get better. I'd prefer moving Boeser, but I imagine Vancouver would have to take salary back, and then all of a sudden the trade doesn't look as good.

Reactions: Paddys Pub

its josh

May 13, 2020
Is Hoglander a guy that can play C, win faceoffs, kill penalties, has leadership & playoff experience and plays a physical game?

Feb 19, 2018
Do you see him getting the same amount of minutes with NYR? Miller currently averages nearly 2 minutes more a game than any NYR player, a minute more on even strength, while having an even strength .01 p/60 more than Lafreniere. (No, I'm not comparing them. Miller is a great player) But do you think he's going to be a point per game player, getting less minutes and opportunities with NYR? Because if not, I can't see Rangers offering up what Vancouver wants. And the way Panarin and Strome are glued together, who knows if they would remove Strome from the first powerplay unit.

And BTW - what the hell is going on with their penalty kill? I didn't know it was that bad.
Penalty kill has been a personnel issue. Sutter hasn’t played a game for us this year and Hamonic came in late. The Canucks currently don’t have a RHS Center on the roster this year.

Miller has been the only consistent player in the top 6 this year other than Hoglander. He would fit great with Panarin and can play both special teams. Has played a lot of Center for the Canucks since Petey isn’t very good on the draws.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Definitely more hoping than guestimating though, right? Doesn't Trouba have a no move through 24-25 or 25-26?

He'd have to fall out of love with New York and then be able to pick where he goes? Just doesn't seem likely.

here's the real deal
T has a full nmc thru season after next.
we are now 21-22, so that = 23-24.
You can check on cf if you wish...

If he wants, he can dictate staying here that long.
We are otherwise happy but the cap hit esp full pop is a prob
so...

If I were Drury, I would say look, you can work w/us, and we will make a $1m tax deductible donation to medical facility of your wife's choice [to city where we would relocate you] w/understanding from them a good chunk of it goes to whatever she's working on to make her a happy camper.

Do that, and let us deal you next season or following one, and we will bend over backwards to try to make you a happy camper even if we are taking less than your worth based on production.

Or play hardball with us, force us to hold out to the last minute, and the nanosecond we can move you, we will, and your preferences will not be paramount to us.

We are not losing Schneider
I could see w/Nemeth gone soon, Nils stays 3RD to start but can be flipped to LD, or Schneid could go lefty

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Penalty kill has been a personnel issue. Sutter hasn’t played a game for us this year and Hamonic came in late. The Canucks currently don’t have a RHS Center on the roster this year.

Miller has been the only consistent player in the top 6 this year other than Hoglander. He would fit great with Panarin and can play both special teams. Has played a lot of Center for the Canucks since Petey isn’t very good on the draws.
Problem right now is Panarin absolutely loves playing with Strome and doesn't want to play with a different center. So if he's not playing a top 6 C, it makes no sense to use him at a 3c. Regarding the wing, it would depend where our coach wants to move Kakko. I would prefer Miller with Zibanejad and Kreider, but who knows... I don't think Rangers should make a push for Miller considering what it would cost. And if for some reason Strome was kept on the 1st powerplay unit after acquiring Miller, it would just be a waste.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
As much as the Canucks need a RD, I'd be loathe to part with Hogs, especially right now. He does everything well, and will only get better. I'd prefer moving Boeser, but I imagine Vancouver would have to take salary back, and then all of a sudden the trade doesn't look as good.
Boeser or Miller could be traded but I would trade Miller for a RHD prospect only if Rutherford can get us a 2nd line Center to replace Miller. Boeser is young and is a sniper so hard to let him go and he will probably cost 6 to 7 million dollar per to re-sign since he didn't have a good season this year. Its hire to get 30 goal scorers too unless Klimovich can replace Boeser in the future.

Feb 19, 2018
My thoughts on trading Miller. I’d do it and retain 50% only if a team like the Panthers are interested for Lundell type prospect. I don’t see any RHD prospect good enough including Schneider to get that type of return.

Reactions: Paddys Pub

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Serious question but why are VAN fans so high on Schneider? I think he is a good prospect but I didn't think he was considered to be that good.

We just need a promising YOUNG RHD on our team who can play well in the D zone and possibly be a partner for Hughes long term

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Schneider is playing pro and has been excellent this season for Hartford. Like I said, his development has been great and will become a decent NHLr.

When it comes to players like Hoglander, he is not proven. He had a good rookie season and this season he has been OK. You see it all the time with young players, they have strong rookie years then they have OKish few years after that or they have a breakout year after 2/3 years in the league then they just settle and stagnate as middle 6 forwards.

Hoglander still young enough where there is plenty of time for him become proven but he is not at that stage where he would command a haul if he was traded.

has Schneider scored a goal this year yet in the AHL? Plenty of 20 year old Dmen have done this through the years. Tracking to potentially be a shut down guy which could happen or not in few years. Hogs has proven he can keep up with the NHL pace and is rounding out his game. Seems to favor the blueshirts if the deal was struck

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
has Schneider scored a goal this year yet in the AHL? Plenty of 20 year old Dmen have done this through the years. Tracking to potentially be a shut down guy which could happen or not in few years. Hogs has proven he can keep up with the NHL pace and is rounding out his game. Seems to favor the blueshirts if the deal was struck
No, he has 8 assist. But why does that matter? If you're acquiring Schneider for goals, you're wasting your time and making wrong moves.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
No, he has 8 assist. But why does that matter? If you're acquiring Schneider for goals, you're wasting your time and making wrong moves.
Thank you for your feedback. It appears Schneider has limited offensive abilities at the pro level. Was not a big junior scorer as well so hoping there is untapped offensive potential may be a long shot. Does he become a D. Hatcher clone in 2-3 Years at best case? Hope so if the canucks decided to part ways with the super skilled Hogs? Just my dime store 2 cents.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
We don’t have the playing time available for Lafreniere but we do for Hoglander? We have no need for Hoglander. If you want Schneider, offer up Pettersson or Horvat.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
We don’t have the playing time available for Lafreniere but we do for Hoglander? We have no need for Hoglander. If you want Schneider, offer up Pettersson or Horvat.
It’s not that New York doesn’t have playing time for Lafreniere, the Rangers have two experienced left wingers that are better then Lafreniere at this time and ahead in the lineup also Alexis doesn’t play his offwing (RW) as Hoglander does.

Schneider is a good defensive prospect but not Pettersson or Horvat good. Schneider is more of a shutdown type of defenseman, those type of defenseman don’t bring the same value back in trade especially since he is still a prospect in the minors.

If I were GM of the Rangers would I not do this deal. Defenseman like Schneider also win teams cups and for that reason I wouldn’t trade Schneider for Hoglander, the pros and cons.

Hoglander is a good middle 6 winger but it wouldn’t make sense for New York to give away a RHD shutdown defenseman for Hoglander since NY has already drafted other wingers (Barron, Cuylle, Othmann and Berard) that just need development time in the minors.

Maybe Lundkvist would be more even in value to Hoglander but I highly doubt New York would want to do that deal either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad