Proposal: Nils Hoglander for Brayden Schneider. Van/NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Feb 19, 2018
It’s just the reality of the situation. I don’t know how he and NYR parted ways, but they aren’t going to overpay to bring him back with him needing a new deal in 2 years time when we’re already against the cap.
If anything, I think you’d see Horvat to NYR before Miller at this point.
But that is going to run in to similar cap issues as well.
It’s new management and I’m sure he was part of a way bigger deal for a need. I always remember #10 buzzing around watching him there. Now he’s added power and leadership.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Is it? Would you trade 2 firsts and a second for him? Miller with his contract especially if we retain will get that all day. You think Laff is worth 3 firsts?
Miller is not getting 2 1sts and a 2nd retained contract or not lol

Feb 19, 2018
Ill stop replying when you stop saying he's worth 2 1sts and a 2nd
Please tell me at 28 at $5.75 for the rest of this year plus next his value? First and 3 seconds at 50% retained? Two firsts and one second at 50% retained. He’s going to a contender so let me know who else wants a PPG forward with Size/skill/leadership

Feb 19, 2018
Long story short Vancouver doesn’t do this but would considerate it due to organization need. The value with everything on the table

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Miller at 50% for Laff straight up work? I think NYR and Van make great trading partners on so many different levels

pls read above prior post
I understand everyone wants NY bluest blue chips
but the answer is still no.

For the time being/immediate future we are keeping LaF and all our other young prospects.
Krav may become an exception but only if we get another young blue chip or sufficiently high draft capital.
Also maybe, maybe Jones b'c arguably he dupliicates/projects as Fox [Fox lite]. Again, not giving anybody away.

no

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
All in all I think and have preached that RHD first rounders pay their weight in gold. Schneider went 19th? Correct me Ranger fans

this is your mistake
Rangers are, like the Chicago song: "Feelin Stronger Every Day" and they are not going to major derail that.

We are not "all in".

We need to deal excess vets Strome + Geo and add Barron + Kravtsov
basically that and not much other tinkering for now

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
NYR won't move Schneider, except for massive overpay.
They traded up for him, he was best D in WHL last year, they love the possibilities

He is their most prized prospect not currently in NHL,
and that is a deep pipeline including Kravtsov, Othmann, Cuylle, Berard, Jones, Robertson and Barron

and BTW, i expect the likelihood of Miller return to NYR is virtually NONE

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Lol give me a break Owen Power is being compared to Hedman. Hoglander is only 1 year older then the big rangers dman who was a mid 1st and is trending as expected. Hoglander has far exceeded expectations.
What is trending as expected? Is it because he hasn't played an NHL game yet and hasn't exceeded how long it would take him to make it, or are you trying to tell me he's still 19th range pick? We don't know how he'll do in the NHL but his value has increased from the 19th pick.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Really? Remember it’s for a contending team and the firsts are later if not 32nd overall. He should have the C in Vancouver
Sure. You can have any player or pick you want if our original pick finishes at #32.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Schneider is progressing very nicely and is projecting to be a very solid NHL defensive if he keeps to his current trajectory. But can I ask you to look at NYR's right side and choose where Schneider could have slotted in this season? No reason to rush him.

Lundkvist has played well, took some time to settle but has been more comfortable and consistent over the last month or so.

As for Hoglander, he was a projected late 1st / early 2nd round pick with a middle 6 upside in the NHL. He is at this level so is on track and has done very well to hit this mark so soon but just needs to maintain it and look to improve on it. He has had this opportunity as the Nucks dont really have anyone who would really challenge him for a middle 6 spot.

Hoglander has done very well so far and Schnieder brewing nicely in his development. Both will be likely strong players in the leqgue at some point but you putting down Schnieder because he doesnt play in NHL is a bit of a poor take.
I’m not putting him down I’m merely saying Hoglander is a zero risk all reward player compared to a player with risk and nearly equivalent reward. In a vacuum Hoglander has more value and I don’t think that is up for a debate.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
What is trending as expected? Is it because he hasn't played an NHL game yet and hasn't exceeded how long it would take him to make it, or are you trying to tell me he's still 19th range pick? We don't know how he'll do in the NHL but his value has increased from the 19th pick.
I am saying he is meeting his expectations and developing as what would’ve been expected from him. I don’t think has surpassed expectations nor has been underwhelming he has been developing “nicely”.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Please tell me at 28 at $5.75 for the rest of this year plus next his value? First and 3 seconds at 50% retained? Two firsts and one second at 50% retained. He’s going to a contender so let me know who else wants a PPG forward with Size/skill/leadership
Do you see him getting the same amount of minutes with NYR? Miller currently averages nearly 2 minutes more a game than any NYR player, a minute more on even strength, while having an even strength .01 p/60 more than Lafreniere. (No, I'm not comparing them. Miller is a great player) But do you think he's going to be a point per game player, getting less minutes and opportunities with NYR? Because if not, I can't see Rangers offering up what Vancouver wants. And the way Panarin and Strome are glued together, who knows if they would remove Strome from the first powerplay unit.

And BTW - what the hell is going on with their penalty kill? I didn't know it was that bad.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Agree w/every word of this except
- hoping/guestimating NY can deal Trouba next season or one after in advance of his nmc ending
Definitely more hoping than guestimating though, right? Doesn't Trouba have a no move through 24-25 or 25-26?

He'd have to fall out of love with New York and then be able to pick where he goes? Just doesn't seem likely.

Reactions: egelband

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad