Value of: Nikita Zadorov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
People are going to be shocked by how much better Zadorov got under Sutter. When he came here he was a toolsy big defenseman who made huge mistakes. He's now a legit top 4 D who skates at an elite level and blows people up. He scored 14 goals last season at ES. 2nd in the league and people talk like he's a 3rd pairing guy. He isn't. He should be playing ahead of Tanev, Weegar AND Andersson right now. It's why he requested a trade. Hanifin is the only Flame who has been better this season.

He'll go for a 1st+. Just wait and see. NHL GMs are smarter than this group of posters.

People are going to be shocked by how much better Zadorov got under Sutter. When he came here he was a toolsy big defenseman. He's not a legit top 4 D who skates at an elite level and blows people up. He scored 14 goals last season at ES. 2nd in the league and people talk like he's a 3rd pairing guy. He isn't. He should be playing ahead of Tanev, Weegar AND Andersson right now. It's why he requested a trade. Hanifin is the only Flame who has been better this season.

He'll go for a 1st+. Just wait and see. NHL GMs are smarter than this group of posters

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Was just thinking Vegas might be a player on either Zadorov or Hanifin. They’ve been too quiet. They could trade Whitecloud for Zadorov. Whitecloud would be a good piece for the Flames.

It gives Vegas another dman who’s hard to play against for this year’s playoffs, and then won’t have to worry about moving a dman (Whitecloud) next summer, because they have two kids who are ready, and another one who will likely be ready next season, to play full-time.

If they got Hanifin, they’d be so hard to play against in a 7 game series. They could also resign him too, because of money off the books next summer.

Zadorov would make more sense though, because next summer, they could use Whitecloud and Martinez money to help resign Marchessault and Stephenson, rather than if they went for Hanifin.

Vegas will make a solid move though. They always do. They develop well too. That’s gonna help them over the next few years, staying contenders.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
2nd is an absolute for sure or more . He is looking for a new home , not a stop gap. Gives the team an advantage. 3rd is ridiculous
Why is a 2nd for sure? Again 5th dman, limited offensively, expiring contract, wants out.

Sell why he'd be worth 2nd minimum and more?

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Why is a 2nd for sure? Again 5th dman, limited offensively, expiring contract, wants out.

Sell why he'd be worth 2nd minimum and more?
This isn't hard.
1. Comparable players in same position yielded similar.
2. It's a sellers market right now with servral trams needing help on the back end including Toronto Edmonton and Pittsburgh
3. He would be a top 4 on any of those mentioned teams .
4. Waiting put means nothing more then wanting off a poor trams so.he can win .
The only way its less than a 2md if there is a dandy add on like a good prospect .

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Was just thinking Vegas might be a player on either Zadorov or Hanifin. They’ve been too quiet. They could trade Whitecloud for Zadorov. Whitecloud would be a good piece for the Flames.

It gives Vegas another dman who’s hard to play against for this year’s playoffs, and then won’t have to worry about moving a dman (Whitecloud) next summer, because they have two kids who are ready, and another one who will likely be ready next season, to play full-time.

If they got Hanifin, they’d be so hard to play against in a 7 game series. They could also resign him too, because of money off the books next summer.

Zadorov would make more sense though, because next summer, they could use Whitecloud and Martinez money to help resign Marchessault and Stephenson, rather than if they went for Hanifin.

Vegas will make a solid move though. They always do. They develop well too. That’s gonna help them over the next few years, staying contenders.
I'd take Whitecloud in a heartbeat. I think Zad is worth more though.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
He has been very successful when moved into the top four in case of injury and the fancies back it up. I don’t know why everyone calls him a third pair guy when the times he’s played in the top four he’s looked more than capable.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
This isn't hard.
1. Comparable players in same position yielded similar.
2. It's a sellers market right now with servral trams needing help on the back end including Toronto Edmonton and Pittsburgh
3. He would be a top 4 on any of those mentioned teams .
4. Waiting put means nothing more then wanting off a poor trams so.he can win .
The only way its less than a 2md if there is a dandy add on like a good prospect .
1. Who are the comparables? The only I can see from last yr are
Klingberg - 4th
Gostisbehere - 3rd

2. How is it a sellers market for bottom of the lineup dmen?

3. I doubt it. It's possible he might pair well with someone but he isn't top 4 quality. Could easily rattle off 4 defensemen better on the teams you mentioned.

4. Generally when you request a trade, the return isn't as good as it might have been.

Reactions: Linds

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Klingberg - 4th
Gostisbehere - 3rd

3. I doubt it. It's possible he might pair well with someone but he isn't top 4 quality. Could easily rattle off 4 defensemen better on the teams you mentioned.

4. Generally when you request a trade, the return isn't as good as it might have been.
That you compared Gostisbehere and Klingberg to Zadorov kind of says everything about your post. Zadorov is either the most physical or 2nd most physical defenseman in the league. It's him or Trouba beyond any doubt. He also finished 2nd in ES goal scoring last season and has been very good defensively even with guys like Desimone, Gilbert and Oesterle as his partners. He's an elite skater. He's 6'6" 250 pounds.

You're comparing his value to guys who wouldn't be waiver claims. Completely stupid post.

Reactions: Petes2424

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
That you compared Gostisbehere and Klingberg to Zadorov kind of says everything about your post. Zadorov is either the most physical or 2nd most physical defenseman in the league. It's him or Trouba beyond any doubt. He also finished 2nd in ES goal scoring last season and has been very good defensively even with guys like Desimone, Gilbert and Oesterle as his partners. He's an elite skater. He's 6'6" 250 pounds.

You're comparing his value to guys who wouldn't be waiver claims. Completely stupid post.
Screenshot-2023-04-03-at-11.18.02-AM.png

They look pretty comparable. Do you have some better comparables?

What makes it a sellers market right now?

Zadorov is a physical, defensive dman. He's been a 3rd pairing guy basically his whole career. Why is that?

Don't get me wrong I think he's a guy you could play top 4 in a pinch but he's gonna be 3rd pair on most teams.

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
3rd round pick now (which also means not likely to be traded), 2nd round pick at deadline if his play doesn't regress as buyers are more secured and start getting the arms race going.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
3rd round pick now (which also means not likely to be traded), 2nd round pick at deadline if his play doesn't regress as buyers are more secured and start getting the arms race going.
The Coyotes have 3 2nds in the next draft. (And will have a problem with too many prospects needing contracts in the near future.) They have a need to improve toughness in the D. He is a GMBA-type player. The only sticky points are if they can re-sign him ($5mil? Not likely) and when will Calgary actually put him on the block!

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
He has been very successful when moved into the top four in case of injury and the fancies back it up. I don’t know why everyone calls him a third pair guy when the times he’s played in the top four he’s looked more than capable.

Because that where he was playing his entire carreer except sometime he stepped up in top 4 for short period of time but still only for short period of time....

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
No one should offer anything the Flames want. Just let the player sit and wait.
CGY is a terrible team and no one should help them with a trade.
I see these posting all the time and if a GM thinks this way he should be fired on the spot. A GM job is to make his team better and if that works for the other team so be it.

HF fans logic if they were a GM. Oh if we add this player we might win the cup be dang it would help another team out. I will pass. Better to not win a cup than make a trade that helps a team out. I guess they can just cancel the trade deadline because you do realize every team that trades a player away at the trade deadline is doing it to help them in the future.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Right now flames ask probably start right now with a 1st but i dont thing anybody will pay that price and we will wait until TDL to see him anything happening here.
Screenshot-2023-04-03-at-11.18.02-AM.png

They look pretty comparable. Do you have some better comparables?

What makes it a sellers market right now?

Zadorov is a physical, defensive dman. He's been a 3rd pairing guy basically his whole career. Why is that?

Don't get me wrong I think he's a guy you could play top 4 in a pinch but he's gonna be 3rd pair on most teams.

Brendon Dillon when he was traded to washington couple of years ago is a name who come in my mind for Zadorov comparable

He had been traded for a 2nd and a 3rd but the market for D was pretty poor

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
He can hit, score goals but prone to defensive errors? Sounds like Dion Phaneuf.
That's actually not the worst comparison. Dion did have more offense (at least at the time he was traded from CGY) but they have a similar swagger with a guarantee of delivering at least one massive hit and one braindead giveaway per game.

Hope we get a better return this time, shouldn't be too high a bar for Conroy...

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
With the price some fans are saying they want for Zadorov in here, I’d rather steer clear and/or wait it out till the deadline and hope Klingberg improves/Timmins stays healthy and plays well. Or go a cheaper route maybe Sean Walker or something.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Klingberg - 4th
Gostisbehere - 3rd

D are in demand right now. Lots of teams have established a need to improve on the back end ...and quickly
His value is more than either of those more in line with Jake McCabe even possibly chariot. Not.much below.
Bid wars will drive the price higher.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I've said it before. There will be a lot of shocked posters here when Zadorov goes for a 1st+. There will be shocked Flames fans when Tanev goes for a 3rd or less.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I've said it before. There will be a lot of shocked posters here when Zadorov goes for a 1st+. There will be shocked Flames fans when Tanev goes for a 3rd or less.
Eh. I think their values are similar. I won't bet on a team overpaying, but I think we get at least a 2nd and a prospect for each, or something equivalent. I also think they are both the type of defensemen that we see overpayments for at the deadline. GMs will love Z's size, physicality and versatility, GM's will love Tanev's leave it all on the ice and will do anything to help his team approach.

The deadline can be a little hard to predict. But I wouldn't be shocked if either returned a 1st, but I also wouldn't be shocked if neither returned a 1st.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014

Zadorov is the 20th ranked D-man in hits this season at 26.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
So you're saying that he is holding back and waiting to exert himself when he's on a new team?
No - I am disputing the notion that "Zadorov is either the most physical or 2nd most physical defenseman in the league. It's him or Trouba beyond any doubt" - above my comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad