Value of: Nikita Zadorov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Somehow Zadorov is going to get more than Tanev and I won't understand why.

Big Z checks off all the boxes for GMs to overpay for, especially with so many questionable defenses around the league.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
In that case, i agree with you. If the Leafs include Klingberg... the Flames are due a 1st or equivalent.

People need to stop citing Chiarot as a precedent. The Habs GM absolutely fleeced Florida that year. It was unbelievable.

People also need to stop referencing what Tampa has paid various times.

Reactions: Junohockeyfan

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
Somehow Zadorov is going to get more than Tanev and I won't understand why.

Big Z checks off all the boxes for GMs to overpay for, especially with so many questionable defenses around the league.
A 5th defenseman on an expiring contract, who has requested a trade. I don't think the return is going to be overly special. If they got a 2nd that'd be incredible. I'd put his value more around a 3rd.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
A 5th defenseman on an expiring contract, who has requested a trade. I don't think the return is going to be overly special. If they got a 2nd that'd be incredible. I'd put his value more around a 3rd.

Ya i'd put money on that one. 2nd AND a third is more what I'm expecting.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Zad will get traded.. but not until the right deal comes along. Craig Conroy won't make another mistake like the Toffoli trade.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
1. No one in Carolina is on the hot seat. They didn't go all in on Karlsson with Crosby and Malkin approaching 40. We're not losing Nylander.
2. The Canes pieces have shown they can be elite defensively. The goalies have been cold and injured. Orlov is acclimating, Pesce has been hurt. I'm pretty confident they can turn it around. Edmonton has shown years of defensive ineptitude.
3. The Canes aren't looking to be buyers on defense.
We aren't losing William either

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Zad will get traded.. but not until the right deal comes along. Craig Conroy won't make another mistake like the Toffoli trade.

I think he's quite happy with the Toffoli trade. Sharangovich has been one of the few positives on the team.

Looks good at 4C and 2RW. Very similar to Dube.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Kulikov got a third
Domi got a 2nd +
Bertuzzi got a conditional 1st
Granlund got a 2nd rounder
Eller got a 2nd
McCabe got a first
Jeanot got like 6 picks

None of those players are as good as Zadorov and that was in a MUCH deeper draft

You have to take into account a time-value-money element to this. A dollar today is worth more then a dollar two years from now. This aspect of utilization also applies to draft picks. The 2nd for Eller is for 2025. So is a 2nd in 2025 the same as a 2nd in 2023 (when the trade was made)? In the NFL, a 2nd this year typically costs a 1st the following year. So what value does the 2nd in 2025 have in 2023?

Ledge And Dairy

No one should offer anything the Flames want. Just let the player sit and wait.
CGY is a terrible team and no one should help them with a trade.
Lol you are acting like the Flames are begging teams to take him. He is an asset with value that teams love for the playoffs. Teams don't give a shit if they are helping Calgary as long as they are improving themselves. This is an auction.

Also hilarious seeing an oilers fan talk about other teams being terrible :loony:

Reactions: Larry Hanson

lettuceAA

Dec 16, 2010
Lot of teams on hot seat with really butt defense....just embarrassing stuff.

Pressure cooker is heating up so defense value going to be higher than expected.

Pittsburgh - woof
Toronto -- woof woof
Edmonton -- who let the dogs out?

He's not a enough of an upgrade over Joseph/Shea for the Pens to trade for, especially with his UFA status. Pens need depth scoring not a bottom pairing LHD.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I’d give up either Minten or a 1st + Steeves (11 points in 9 AHL games) and Klingberg who’s an expiring deal.

lettuceAA

Dec 16, 2010
I think he's quite happy with the Toffoli trade. Sharangovich has been one of the few positives on the team.

Looks good at 4C and 2RW. Very similar to Dube.

Yup he's been one of the best forwards this season after a slow start. Him, Kadri and Zary haven been the best line. Toffoli was one of Sutters guys, it the trade was as much about that than anything.

DRW895

Dec 29, 2021
7-th round choice + Yuri Dud`s cheers

Attachments

• u_fa3ccba5ec085fe74c0e8912b3aafb90_800.jpg
    u_fa3ccba5ec085fe74c0e8912b3aafb90_800.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
It is so typical for Leaf’s fans proposals.
I really like the player and also, I do not want to give anything of value for him.
Surely the defence prospect who won best defencemen at the 2020 WJC has some value.

I’m not saying this prospect is the second coming of Bobby Orr or anything of the sort, but saying what you just said is pure ignorance. Should have at least googled the prospect before you responded.

Reinhart

Jun 13, 2011
I would say that he gets a 1st. He isn't the same Zadorov from 2 years ago. Sutter has really helped his game, and he has continued being a steadying presence on defence. He has played more minutes and sometimes against harder competition too, so he shows that he can step up and fill in the top 4 when needed - and this may show that he is ready to actually become a top 4 defencemen.

Even if he is a bottom pairing defencemen, he is tough, intimidating, great on the PK and he can score. It is hardly the overpayment it would have been 3 years ago now. Some GM (or two) will offer a 1st (or equivalent - and then we can argue if it was really an equivalent or not). I think Zadorov's return will surprise some people. He has been a very effective defencemen. Will be surprised if only gets a single 2nd without something else, or lower. Probably two 2nds, or a 2nd and B prospect is my guess.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
1. No one in Carolina is on the hot seat. They didn't go all in on Karlsson with Crosby and Malkin approaching 40. We're not losing Nylander.
2. The Canes pieces have shown they can be elite defensively. The goalies have been cold and injured. Orlov is acclimating, Pesce has been hurt. I'm pretty confident they can turn it around. Edmonton has shown years of defensive ineptitude.
3. The Canes aren't looking to be buyers on defense.
No, but you called our D's that are playing better than yours... it just seems weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad