Value of: Nikita Zadorov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Kulikov got a third
Domi got a 2nd +
Bertuzzi got a conditional 1st
Granlund got a 2nd rounder
Eller got a 2nd
McCabe got a first
Jeanot got like 6 picks

None of those players are as good as Zadorov and that was in a MUCH deeper draft
I didn't realize Nov 11 was the trade deadline day.

Flames fans are delusional if they think they are getting a 1st standalone for Zadorov. The only way that happens is if they take on a capdump in return to accommodate a trade (like a Klingberg).

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Kulikov got a third
Domi got a 2nd +
Eller got a 2nd
McCabe got a first
Jeanot got like 6 picks

None of those players are as good as Zadorov and that was in a MUCH deeper draft
To say McCabe got a first is disingenuous. He had two years of control after that season plus he was retained 50 pct.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
I think he might get a late 1st or early 2nd value-wise.

Should be a lock for a late 1st with some retention and/or cap going back

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
In that case, i agree with you. If the Leafs include Klingberg... the Flames are due a 1st or equivalent.

People need to stop citing Chiarot as a precedent. The Habs GM absolutely fleeced Florida that year. It was unbelievable.

It will probably take another year or so. The “if Gaustad is worth a 1st…” logic only stopped in 2014, after Vanek failed to return a top pick at that deadline.

Reactions: Conbon

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
When will people realize that what the market will pay each year has nothing whatsoever to previous price? Each year you have teams in different windows in terms of age of team, contract statuses, how much pressure a GM is under to win now, etc. You have factors like how weak or strong the draft class is that makes teams more or less likely to spend their draft capital. You have how many teams have already spent their picks on previous attempts to load up that may have worked or may have failed, making them reluctant to do it again. The market is going to be completely different each season.

Reactions: YMCMBYOLO

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Kulikov got a third
Domi got a 2nd +
Eller got a 2nd
McCabe got a first
Jeanot got like 6 picks

And none of the GM's that made those trades picked up the Cup last season. How many of them you think do it again this season?

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
I didn't realize Nov 11 was the trade deadline day.

Flames fans are delusional if they think they are getting a 1st standalone for Zadorov. The only way that happens is if they take on a capdump in return to accommodate a trade (like a Klingberg).
How can you call a fan base delusional when there is history of GM’s making bad trades? I mean we see it every year.

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Kulikov got a third
Domi got a 2nd +
Eller got a 2nd
McCabe got a first
Jeanot got like 6 picks

There is another more direct and relevant comparator: Nikita Zadorov, then an arbitration-eligible unsigned RFA, was traded straight-up for a third-round pick.

Now the same Nikita Zadorov is two years older and a pending UFA.

No longer under team control, and I wouldn't imagine his expiring contract now is worth a lot more than his signing rights were worth then.

Not to mention that he's asked for a trade.

Why resort to all the indirect comparables except to support the stretched conclusions you're hoping for?

verdi

Oct 19, 2023
No one should offer anything the Flames want. Just let the player sit and wait.
CGY is a terrible team and no one should help them with a trade.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
There is another more direct and relevant comparator: Nikita Zadorov, then an arbitration-eligible unsigned RFA, was traded straight-up for a third-round pick.

Now the same Nikita Zadorov is two years older and a pending UFA.

No longer under team control, and I wouldn't imagine his expiring contract now is worth a lot more than his signing rights were worth then.

Not to mention that he's asked for a trade.

Why resort to all the indirect comparables except to support the stretched conclusions you're hoping for?
Zadorov has been great in his time as a Flame. He was second in even strength goals by a D in the whole league last year. He was coming off a bad season when he was traded before. D are in high demand at the deadline and UFAs time and time again are valuable assets in a cap world.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I think you need to explain it to yourself.
I just don't subscribe to the fantasy of anything is possible because there are stupid GMs out there. That proposing ridiculous trades and justifying it with "in the past there as a GM that made this mistake" makes it ok to post....

No i prefer to stay grounded in reality. But i do understand why you prefer to be delusional.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Kulikov got a third
Domi got a 2nd +
Eller got a 2nd
McCabe got a first
Jeanot got like 6 picks

Bertuzzi is much better than Zadorov. McCabe also had term on his deal.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
I just don't subscribe to the fantasy of anything is possible because there are stupid GMs out there. That proposing ridiculous trades and justifying it with "in the past there as a GM that made this mistake" makes it ok to post....

No i prefer to stay grounded in reality. But i do understand why you prefer to be delusional.
Trust me. I’ve seen you talk on here for years. You definitely shouldn’t be calling people delusional.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Trust me. I’ve seen you talk on here for years. You definitely shouldn’t be calling people delusional.
I call out people for being delusional. That's my MO.

Delusional people hate it. But they need to be reminded of what is reality and what is fiction.

I serve a purpose. I should get paid for what i do around here! ;)

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
This is proof that Habs fans and all other fans are the same. Believing that because Chiarot got a 1st means that similar dmen will garner a 1st is a fallacy.

Yes there are stupid GMs out there. But you can't bank on stupidity to justify a trade proposal.

Zadorov is not worth a 1st by any measure.
It doesn't matter if zadorov is worth a 1st or not - history has shown time and time again that GMs will absolutely overpay if desperate.

Right now there are several desperate teams. One of them being the leafs with ex flames GM running the show. Completely fair to bank on stupidity especially when dealing with GMs like Tre, Holland etc. We'll see what happens.

I'd honestly be shocked if flames get market value or less for zadarov. Somebody is absolutely going to overpay and my bet is on the leafs

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I doubt anything happens with Zadorev before the TDL. He's a UFA and obviously he isn't re-signing in Calgary.

But looking at the Flames on Cap Friendly, five of the seven d-men on the big league roster are impending UFA's. And apparently the team has suspended contract talks with all of them.

So they could be flooding the market with experienced d-men at the TDL.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Not disagreeing but Carolina is 0.14 lower than Toronto and 0.67 above Pittsburgh in GA/GP... why point not call out your own team?

1. No one in Carolina is on the hot seat. They didn't go all in on Karlsson with Crosby and Malkin approaching 40. We're not losing Nylander.
2. The Canes pieces have shown they can be elite defensively. The goalies have been cold and injured. Orlov is acclimating, Pesce has been hurt. I'm pretty confident they can turn it around. Edmonton has shown years of defensive ineptitude.
3. The Canes aren't looking to be buyers on defense.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I remember optimistic Canucks fans citing Ben Chiarot with Luke Schenn last year.

The market does vary year to year. Guys like Hanifin and Lindholm that will get the 1st round premium no matter what. YMMV on those below.
Chiaipet wasn’t worth a 1st but fla gm thinking cup yr gave it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad