Value of: Nikita Zadorov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
Those are probably the best two comparables that I've seen as well.

Heres why I don't think they're that close

Chiarot was playing 23+ mins a night and was Montreal's best dman. He was in the midst of a 3-4 yr period where he played those type of mins as a no.1 or no. 2 option for his team. Even then his underlying numbers were bad and people ridiculed the trade and rightly so.

Savard is the better comparison and even he was a no. 3 dman. He had good underlying numbers and was used to playing match up roles.

Perhaps we are saying the same thing though. I am saying there is a low chance he returns a first. And it'd prob have to include a cap dump going back. Overwhelming likely that it's a 2nd or thereabouts. In my opinion.

And I garner that from all the comparables I can find. There are far more apt comparables in my mind that didn't returns 1st round picks. Guys like Dillon, Manson. Even guys like Graves, Toews, Marino who I'd say are significantly better than Zadorov didn't get a 1st.
Well 3rd and a 5th lands Zadorov. Makes sense.

How do you feel?

Reactions: TFHockey

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
This isn't hard.
1. Comparable players in same position yielded similar.
2. It's a sellers market right now with servral trams needing help on the back end including Toronto Edmonton and Pittsburgh
3. He would be a top 4 on any of those mentioned teams .
4. Waiting put means nothing more then wanting off a poor trams so.he can win .
The only way its less than a 2md if there is a dandy add on like a good prospect .
I deserve an apology

That you compared Gostisbehere and Klingberg to Zadorov kind of says everything about your post. Zadorov is either the most physical or 2nd most physical defenseman in the league. It's him or Trouba beyond any doubt. He also finished 2nd in ES goal scoring last season and has been very good defensively even with guys like Desimone, Gilbert and Oesterle as his partners. He's an elite skater. He's 6'6" 250 pounds.

You're comparing his value to guys who wouldn't be waiver claims. Completely stupid post.
Well what did you think of the trade?

Reactions: TFHockey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad