NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – HISTORIC PHASE TWENTY!

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Stadium Series Location: the Sea of Tranquility. We have the technology in the quackverse. See you dummies on the moon

main-qimg-91976ee5de244e521cfa1a9c4a51f047.webp
Wondering if this counts as a duplicate, since @GKJ owns the moon.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
It's just another Manic Monday. Blech.

FatherlyShallowAfricanrockpython-max-1mb.gif

We start the day with @pit on the clock, @Striiker on deck, @Chuck Downie on the lido deck, and HumongousToe's little Toe on the lido afterdeck.

mja - Pynchon rules. Great pick.

You know that blob-headed swollen-faced c*** I told you about? I cannot f***ing stand that motherf***er. Every single f***ing thing he does irritates the living shit out of me, but the thing he does the most which irritates me the most is that he is constantly eating. CONSTANTLY. The motherf***er is on the Korean national hockey team, right, so he exercises a lot, and the f***ers who do that, in hockey or just in society, are always "fueling." That irritates me in the best of circumstances, but this f***er also talks with his mouth full, and he is wearing a microphone all the time, so I hear every single chew he chews, and I cannot deal with it. Plus, hockey and everyone involved in it are stupid, obviously.

Last night the c*** was sitting there while everyone was playing Truth or Dare, a late-season tradition on "Transit Love." Anytime anyone asks him a question, especially his poor ex-girlfriend, but with anyone, he repeats the question and then more often than not either doesn't answer it, or gives a shitty nonsense answer that has nothing to do with the question. Last night, the c*** not only did all that, but he took a f***ing slurp of his drink before he answered. Every single time. So I'm sitting here the whole time saying out loud to the laptop screen, quote, "Slurp another drink, you bloated balloon-headed c***." I was already in a dogshit mood, and that really topped me off. I thought for sure I was going to spontaneously combust.

I've always thought that mental health was overrated, but I might have been wrong.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Team Cover is always such a hard category for me because there are so many damned ways to take this. My choice for Team Cover #2 is probably something no one else will ever take, but I'll lay claim to it because I like both the original and the cover. It's the song I had cued up for the ride home from the hospital with my son, so if he ever cares, he'll know the first music he ever heard.

Team Cover #2 - The Joy Formidable cover Sparklehorse's Gold Day:

The original:

@Striiker , may all your days be gold my child.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Team College Course - Intro To Data Analytics

math-confuse.gif

Everyone who works within a hockey team needs to understand the basics of analytics. This shit is not witchcraft and you have no excuse for not understanding it and using it to gain an edge.

There will be no Fletchers or Torts or any other willfully ignorant assholes within this org.

@Chuck Downie

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
But then where do you get your tides from? No one’s been drafting any moons. None of your oceans you drafted have tides so they’re just all sitting bodies of water.

Except mine.

My favorite thing about that pick is that you have to be high to understand how anyone could make sense of this reasoning. My least favorite thing about that pick is everything else, including the fact that you have to be high to understand how anyone could make sense of this reasoning.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Team College Course - Intro To Data Analytics

math-confuse.gif

Everyone who works within a hockey team needs to understand the basics of analytics. This shit is not witchcraft and you have no excuse for not understanding it and using it to gain an edge.

There will be no Fletchers or Torts or any other willfully ignorant assholes within this org.

@Chuck Downie
We just saw an article about how analytics has ruined baseball.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Seriously.

anime-zenitsu.gif

That motherf***er Hee Dork would not ... stop ... eating. He went out with his ex first. He ate in the car on the way there, he ate snacks while hiking to the top of the mountain, he ate at the top of the mountain, he ate when they left and went out to eat. The entire time. And I mean, the whole f***ing time. Then he got a chance to leave there and go out with someone else, and he did that, and he started eating as soon as he sat down there, and never f***ing stopped. Then they left the restaurant and went back to the house to have drinks with everyone, so he was slurping drinks and eating snacks the whole time. Then, when everyone was starting to go to bed, he went to the kitchen and made himself ramyeon and ate the shit out of that. The only thing that stopped him eating was that the episode ended. I'm not kidding. I can't believe I have even one layer of skin left, because I was crawling out of it for three hours. This c***. Eye poison. Ear poison. I think I only have one episode left to endure, and there is plenty of good to it, but this c*** ... I can't.

We start the day with @ajgoal on the clock, your epidermisless league secretary on deck, @Magua on the lido deck, and @Asnito on the lido afterdeck.

Enjoy your day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad