NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – HISTORIC PHASE TWENTY!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I love college courses, so it's difficult to pick just one (and we should definitely pick another one later), but I think I have found it.

"Placing the films in the contexts of the era’s media-scape, this course will delve into an analytical reconsideration of this rich period of Japanese cinema specifically from the perspective of the Japanese New Wave. While we will aim to capture the exhilaration of the Japanese New Wave by closely analyzing existing studies on some of its key makers and their works, special attention will be given to what is left out of the category as it is conventionally understood, drawing on marginalized works and genres, such as educational and industrial films as well as pink films."

Yes.

Meiko-Kaji-jpeg.jpg

Team College Course - Japanese New Wave and Cinematic Modernism

@Magua

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
You know me, Florida. I’m a native son, me and my dark passenger. My time in Miami is over and I’ve had quite enough of the northwest so I think Jacksonville will be my next stop. Methgators nation, you have been warned. Behave, or face the consequences of your sick, twisted actions
1667324728398.gif

Official serial killer of the Methgators: Dexter Morgan

@Young Sandwich , have you been behaving? Come on in, have a seat, make a pick. There’s nothing to be afraid of in the Quackverse

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
This fine gentleman has racked up 299 kills (that we've seen) so far, which makes him one of the deadliest characters in all of cinema. I can't think of anyone else I'd want to send into enemy territory on a solo stealth mission.

image-w1280.jpg

Team Serial Killer - John Wick

John has been briefed to include @BernieParent on his no kill list, which is one of the highest honors one can receive.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I'm not too far removed from college, so I'm going to select a course I actually took. But what course? I rack my brain to remember my favorites......

The Honolulu Ghibli sign up for our Team College Course: "Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales"

15d2868283e5090fc40c9e28609c5f23.jpeg

Not only did I mostly -- I say mostly because I got lazy at the end -- read The Canterbury Tales in Middle English ("Whan that Aprille with his shoures soote, The droghte of March hath perced to the roote"), but we examined the myths, folklore, and social/religious context. I've always been a sucker for medieval and classical stories. Much as the Canterbury Tales are populated with stories of heroism, of beast and man alike, there's a surprising amount of humor and ribaldry. My professor was an older medievalist woman with a real passion for it.

Now, let me get to my point! The frame story is about a mishmash group of pilgrims traveling from London to Canterbury to visit a shrine. They all agree to pass the time by telling stories on the way to and from -- for the prize of a free meal of course. I don't think it was my absolute favorite course, but it made me think about how us Quackversers are essentially the pilgrims. And what are we doing if not entertaining each other with stories, as we journey away from the hellhole of Earth Prime?

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
I'm not too far removed from college, so I'm going to select a course I actually took. But what course? I rack my brain to remember my favorites......

The Honolulu Ghibli sign up for our Team College Course: "Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales"

15d2868283e5090fc40c9e28609c5f23.jpeg

Not only did I mostly -- I say mostly because I got lazy at the end -- read The Canterbury Tales in Middle English ("Whan that Aprille with his shoures soote, The droghte of March hath perced to the roote"), but we examined the myths, folklore, and social/religious context. I've always been a sucker for medieval and classical stories. Much as the Canterbury Tales are populated with stories of heroism, of beast and man alike, there's a surprising amount of humor and ribaldry. My professor was an older medievalist woman with a real passion for it.

Now, let me get to my point! The frame story is about a mishmash group of pilgrims traveling from London to Canterbury to visit a shrine. They all agree to pass the time by telling stories on the way to and from -- for the prize of a free meal of course. I don't think it was my absolute favorite course, but it made me think about how us Quackversers are essentially the pilgrims. And what are we doing if not entertaining each other with stories, as we journey away from the hellhole of Earth Prime?
@Magua advocates dirty books!

Chaucer! Rabelais! Balzac!

I read a good portion of the book in High School. I can't remember much anymore though.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
"For our Team Hot Sauce, the owners of the Tampa Bay FireSticks will give a shout-out to a close friend, and select the many flavours of Brimstone.

IMG_20221101_190014339.jpg

"These fiery treats are a carefully guarded recipe, blending home-grown jalapeno, ghost pepper, and Carolina reaper, among others. Like my friend Dan always warns me, wash your hands like you will be putting contact lenses in afterwards.

"We now call @Hollywood Cannon to the podium"
Team Body of Water

275aa9b7d57266800cde7fde4fc8d272.gif

Frosty the Snowman

That's cold.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
The song is over, except for one note, pure and easy, playing so free like a breath rippling by.

the-who.gif

We start the day with @Hollywood Cannon on the clock, BernieParent on deck (and I have his pick, so Cannon should shoot me a tag when he is done), @Young Sandwich on the lido deck, and @Asnito on the lido afterdeck. Starberry will pick around lunchtime, innit.

"Transit Love 2" came to an end last night. It was good to watch, but the results were pretty shitty. Of course the hot one went back to that blob-faced, dirigible-headed megac***. She will probably get eaten by accident when he is "fueling." The one guy is nice enough, despite the way he looks (he kind of looks like he's too cool for school), but he's just so f***ing quiet. He ended up with the new girl, as expected, and that was good. But the one who was crying the whole time over her ex, who she had been together with for seven years, ended up with the newest guy. The newest guy seemed nice enough, too - they were all nice enough except for Hee Dorkzilla - but he also seems very calculating, like he knows exactly when to tell her she's pretty, or give her his jacket, or pass over a hand warmer, or whatever. I don't know, he just seems kind of like a toolbag. Won Bin left alone, as expected, but I hope he is being inundated with PMs in his PM - he deserves to score like crazy after all this.

Now it's off to China for "Yes, I Do" season three. Wish me luck.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Bernardo's choice:

"The owners of the Tampa Bay FireSticks found the Team Serial Killer to be particularly difficult; however, we finally selected a being that brought a biblical nation to its knees. We select the Destroyer.

2gV1cwM.jpg

"Also referred to as the Angel of Death or, in the Jewish Midrash and Targums, as Sammael, the Destroyer was sent by God in the book of Exodus to carry out the final plague on Egypt as a result of Pharaoh's hard heart: the death of every firstborn son across the land. All of the Israelites were spared who put lamb's blood over their doorframes.

"Since he was so good to do for us, we ask that @Young Sandwich be spared from the Destroyer's wrath."

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Stadium series location- Hersheypark Stadium. Why would a team from Vancouver be playing a game on the other end of the continent? Don't know, don't care. It was the most unique choice I could think of that would still be available. It has hosted a couple outdoor Bears games in the past so there's precedent.
(Also, go back to playing a preseason game at Giant Center each year, Caps, you ****ing cowards.)
Hersheypark-Stadium-3.jpg

hersheyparkstadium170802.jpg

Team college course- From Script to Screen. I took this class for my January term my sophomore year. We read a well known play for homework each night and did a small write up on a theme within or something like that. Then we discussed it the first half of class and spent the second half watching a film adaptation. Easy enjoyable class.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad