NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE FOURTEEN! Part One!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
iu

What happened?

Reactions: BernieParent

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
@Captain Dave Poulin I didn't realize I was out of spite slots and therefore owe you a band. There are many, many spite options left. My bad.

Rather than a functional band, the goal here was to create in-fighting over a bed of a single plunking instrument.

Vocalist: Gene Simmons
Vocalist: David Lee Roth
Vocalist: Gwyneth Paltrow
Vocalist: Glenn Danzig
Vocalist: Thom Yorke
Keyboard: Daryl "Captain" Dragon

Five Anchors and a Sea Captain

Thank you kindly. Great name.

Reactions: BiggE

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Country music makes my earballs bleed and blinds my eyes.

To be fair, none of her music is country music. In Nashville, they have a big machine that you feed the worst of 1990s/early 00s pop rock, and it applies twang and replaces key nouns with "dirt road" and "red cup" and "Silverado" and then sends the outputs directly to pop country stations. It's all just 3 Doors Down remixed by the Nashville Hickbot 10,000.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I actually thought that Carrie Underwear was going to go earlier when someone PM'ed me to expect disappointment re: the Spite Supergroup.

We can save her! Please co-sign my proposal of a draft category in which we can each select one individual to save from torture and death. I feel like you have way more pull with the league honchos, given your saintly background.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
To be fair, none of her music is country music. In Nashville, they have a big machine that you feed the worst of 1990s/early 00s pop rock, and it applies twang and replaces key nouns with "dirt road" and "red cup" and "Silverado" and then sends the outputs directly to pop country stations. It's all just 3 Doors Down remixed by the Nashville Hickbot 10,000.

With all due respect, Milhous, I don't care to hear excuses for that slop. I hate it all unreservedly.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
No offense, but i'm really not shocked that you don't enjoy them considering most of their material is dunking on people you admire :laugh:
They were in place before 2016, and they were terrible then, and they are still terrible now.
The little scrawny one is the worst of all. I don’t know if that dude has ever uttered a single funny word in his life.
Seth Meyers, that’s his name.

Reactions: BiggE

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
No offense, but i'm really not shocked that you don't enjoy them considering most of their material is dunking on people you admire :laugh:
Wait, admire? I don’t admire him in the least bit.
I’m leaving it at this, so we don’t get into anything.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
We still have one more member to add, but the NJFZ Spite a cappella band will be officially known as [LIVERWURST]. All Caps, in brackets. Our official threads designer Z. Cavaricci is working up a bunch of classic late 80's looks for them as I write this.

They will also exclusively perform songs from Alanis' late 80's catalogue, with Dave Matthews and the guy from Imagine Dragons handling beatbox duties to achieve that classic 80's wet drum sound:

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
We can save her! Please co-sign my proposal of a draft category in which we can each select one individual to save from torture and death. I feel like you have way more pull with the league honchos, given your saintly background.

It wouldn't be right to request exceptional status, especially with so many worthy candidates. How could I enjoy the Quackverse sharing it with Marilyn Manson, for example? Plus, Carrie Underwood is not my estimation of a cause to go to war over; however, I will bide my time for a future category where I can draft a space rescue craft. ;)

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
It wouldn't be right to request exceptional status, especially with so many worthy candidates. How could I enjoy the Quackverse sharing it with Marilyn Manson, for example? Plus, Carrie Underwood is not my estimation of a cause to go to war over; however, I will bide my time for a future category where I can draft a space rescue craft. ;)

Bernardo, I will pray for your poor ears.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
For Team Hill To Die On, I couldn't decide if I wanted the "completely obvious who could refute this?" kind of option like declaring Liz Phair better than Alanis Morrissette or if I wanted to drop a lure in the water with some controversial bait, like ranking Star Wars movies. I'll let you decide which way I went #lore.

Team Hill To Die On: @Striiker is a good noodle.

@mja , I imagine you have both a gif and a pick at the ready.
I needed this

thank you

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
I don't know where the hell @ajgoal went, but he can make his pick whenever he comes back.

@Magua you can go in both drafts.
Sorry. I couldn't get away from work and then had somewhere to be.

This ain't no disco. It ain't no country club either. This is LA, as [RANCH] would sing. What do we have in LA? Well, there's Beverly Hills, with swimming pools, and movie stars. The thing is, the movie stars of today seem somewhat...ill fitting. And few shine as brightly as our team babe did.

09-25-rossellini-01.jpg

OK, that's not terribly flattering. But we like women who seem to like the same things we do. Ice cream is definitely one of those things.

IngridBergman.jpg

Better?

Team Babe: Ingrid Bergman

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Sorry. I couldn't get away from work and then had somewhere to be.

This ain't no disco. It ain't no country club either. This is LA, as [RANCH] would sing. What do we have in LA? Well, there's Beverly Hills, with swimming pools, and movie stars. The thing is, the movie stars of today seem somewhat...ill fitting. And few shine as brightly as our team babe did.

09-25-rossellini-01.jpg

OK, that's not terribly flattering. But we like women who seem to like the same things we do. Ice cream is definitely one of those things.

IngridBergman.jpg

Better?

Team Babe: Ingrid Bergman

Great babe. Great pick.

Reactions: BiggE and ajgoal

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
For our next pick, let's just say........do you believe in life after Earth Prime?

The Honolulu Ghibli gleefully lead to the Spite Group torture deck: Cher (instrument: antifreeze gargling)

Ql3X.gif

We know, courtesy of South Park, that Cher has already attempted to leave Earth Prime on a Space X rocket before. So, we don't even have to waste resources kidnapping her, even though our owner granted us a blank check when it comes to Spite Group development. She'll come along willingly. I like that part.

Moonstruck
is a great movie though, so we'll treat Cher a little more kindly than the rest of the group when it comes to which torture devices we use. She'll get a one time "Get Out of Torture" card. Maybe. Probably not.

@Hollywood Couturier -- have at it

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad