NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE FOURTEEN! Part One!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
For my 5th spite group member we reluctantly select Beabadoo...nope, I can't pull the trigger. Instead, let's go with Greg Gonzalez of Cigarettes After Sex, a choice that may well displease someone or other here.

CigarettesAfterSex-20180625_GregGonzalez_A_EbruYildiz_58-2-2-600crop.jpg

I was fine about his band. Just fine, no more and no less. My wife was a fan though and dragged me out to watch them play. It was one of the 3 most unsatisfying shows I've ever been to, and that includes the otherwise excellent [Ranch] being so blasted out of her mind that she couldn't really perform. The band was good, and the drummer was actually putting in work with a minimalist kit, but I just couldn't stomach Gonzalez preening around on stage like some kind of balding tax attorney in rock star lothario drag. Never has anyone who so struggled to pull off a leather jacket persisted in wearing one. Also, every CAS song sounds exactly the same, and a whole set of it was a major turn off for me, despite all of the necking couples around me at the show.

@Hurricane28

mja

Jan 7, 2005
For Team Hill To Die On, I couldn't decide if I wanted the "completely obvious who could refute this?" kind of option like declaring Liz Phair better than Alanis Morrissette or if I wanted to drop a lure in the water with some controversial bait, like ranking Star Wars movies. I'll let you decide which way I went #lore.

Team Hill To Die On: @Striiker is a good noodle.

@mja , I imagine you have both a gif and a pick at the ready.

4F7BmUy.gif

Nope, not a good noodle, he's a bad seed.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Spite Band Member Selection: John Cougar Mellancamp.

Don't think I despise two songs more than Small Town and Jack and Diane. Instant station change or skip whenever I hear it. Not a fan. Join the spite band.

Just thought of a third song I hate from the 80s. I Melt with You by Modern English. Songs are music diarrhea.

@GKJ

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL

Don't think I despise two songs more than Small Town and Jack and Diane. Instant station change or skip whenever I hear it. Not a fan. Join the spite band.

Just thought of a third song I hate from the 80s. I Melt with You by Modern English. Songs are music diarrhea.

@GKJ
Also, chord wise, Melt With You is a blatant rip off of the Stones You Can’t Always Get What You Want.

But then again the Stones, aka Mick and Keith, rip off pretty much everybody including their own band mates. Just ask Mick Taylor about the song Time Waits For No One.

mja

Jan 7, 2005

@GKJ

kermit-worried.gif

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

@GKJ

Great pick. His music blows.

I Melt With You is a great song though and Cap is going to murder you for that.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Spite pick time: I would have less of a problem with The Edge’s hubris given that he goes by ‘The Edge’ if U2 was any semblance of the band they were before the mid-90’s.

They did “Get On Your Boots” for the No Line On the Horizon album, hoping that it would be just like “Pump it up” by Elvis Costello - which was done in 1978. U2 was already a band in 1978, and they wanted to do a song that was like a song that was new when they were a band for 2 years, and do it in 2009. Why not just do it like you did 30 years prior and sound like that? Why make an album that apple downloaded to every phone? And “Beautiful Thing” and “Vertigo,” just, yuck. I’ll consider seeing your your but just play all the old shit.

U2 has also been around as a band today as long as The Rolling Stones were in 2008.

@DancingPanther

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Spite pick time: I would have less of a problem with The Edge’s hubris given that he goes by ‘The Edge’ if U2 was any semblance of the band they were before the mid-90’s.

They did “Get On Your Boots” for the No Line On the Horizon album, hoping that it would be just like “Pump it up” by Elvis Costello - which was done in 1978. U2 was already a band in 1978, and they wanted to do a song that was like a song that was new when they were a band for 2 years, and do it in 2009. Why not just do it like you did 30 years prior and sound like that? Why make an album that apple downloaded to every phone? And “Beautiful Thing” and “Vertigo,” just, yuck. I’ll consider seeing your your but just play all the old shit.

U2 has also been around as a band today as long as The Rolling Stones were in 2008.

@DancingPanther
Because they’re insufferable pricks

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

@DancingPanther

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

You can hate them all you want, but "hubris" and the Edge are two things that don't belong together. I can't think of a word that applies LESS to that guy.

All of a sudden this thread is trying to give me a nervous breakdown.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad