NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE FOURTEEN! Part One!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

You can hate them all you want, but "hubris" and the Edge are two things that don't belong together. I can't think of a word that applies LESS to that guy.

All of a sudden this thread is trying to give me a nervous breakdown.

I liked The Edge a lot more after watching the documentary It Might Get Loud. Watching Jack White, Jimmy Page, and The Edge talking shop and jamming together is fantastic.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

You can hate them all you want, but "hubris" and the Edge are two things that don't belong together. I can't think of a word that applies LESS to that guy.

Keep in mind that I'm still taking talents I generally respect for this. But U2 is bullshit now and I needed someone

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly

You know, there's a way you can save the Edge. Just saying. Just have to convince your brother.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I liked The Edge a lot more after watching the documentary It Might Get Loud. Watching Jack White, Jimmy Page, and The Edge talking shop and jamming together is fantastic.

He literally COULD NOT BE any nicer or cooler or more humble. He's a typical Irish Catholic - he'd punch himself in the nuts before he acted like he was proud of himself. Bono is all twisted up with all kinds of confusing nerdy shit, and "the Edge" is a stupid thing to call yourself, but hubris? I'm afraid f***ing not.

@GKJ this has nothing to do with you - you can pick who you want, obviously. The rage has taken control now.

Reactions: BiggE

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Its kinda sad how unfunny late night shows and hosts are now. Only one I think is funny is Kimmel. Fallon can't get through a joke without laughing, Colbert isn't nearly the same as he was on The Daily Show or the Colbert Report. Corden its basically been confirmed that he's an asshole.

Speaking of the Daily Show. Trevor Noah is painfully unfunny. A lot of these guys really lost their material source when Trump went out of office and its showing. Just so bad.

Jon Stewart, Conan, and Letterman are missed.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Its kinda sad how unfunny late night shows and hosts are now. Only one I think is funny is Kimmel. Fallon can't get through a joke without laughing, Colbert isn't nearly the same as he was on The Daily Show or the Colbert Report. Corden its basically been confirmed that he's an asshole.

Speaking of the Daily Show. Trevor Noah is painfully unfunny. A lot of these guys really lost their material source when Trump went out of office and its showing. Just so bad.

Jon Stewart, Conan, and Letterman are missed.
Not one of the current crew is funny in the least bit.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Snow, glorious snow! It makes me wants to say hello in casual Finnish: "Moi."

anime-snow-anime-christmas.gif

There are only like six inches (that's what she said), but it's still going, which is nice. It's a winter wonderland, just like my ... let's call it "area" in the Quackverse. There may be some developments on that front in the near (-ish) future, but don't get so excited that you destroy your jorts. You will be that excited, but wait for it, bruv.

We start the day with @DancingPanther on the clock. He is obliged to pick at least one more shitbag, so he will have to identify a shitbag for his shitbags, which isn't something he likes doing, but I like the fact that he gave me the name for his shitbags. That name is Pricksolydian, which has a ring to it. I am on deck, and I am going to pick a Team Nunyabiz. @ajgoal is on the lido deck with a babe and a pair of shitbag slots available. He also has the solemn responsibility to give me the name of his Spite Supergroup, his Super Shitbag Squad. I just hope he doesn't pick anyone in a way that re-starts the nervous breakdown I processed last night. @Magua is on the lido afterdeck with the same options and responsibility as aj. You should have seen how I typed out "responsibility" before I fixed it. F***'s sake.

You know what's wrong with everyone who thinks they are funny right now? They don't understand that "political humor" is an oxymoron (which is known as "allusion" in Canadian). This douchelord Mike Greenberg just said of the Brady retirement, quote, "it just gets more and more interesting." He's the Carson Daly of sports. Carson Daly is the latter-day Dick Clark, he couldn't be more of a try-hard bitch about that. I don't know how many of you are old enough to remember, but at the height of the 90s indie music deliciousness, that turd was on MTV's "TRL," which was pushing absolute garbage and did as much as anything else (short of the implosion of the music industry and the internet) to destroy music as we know it. I don't understand how a human being can walk around lacking shame that profoundly.

What I am saying is that Mike Greenberg, in a roundabout way, is ultimately responsible for destroying both music and sports, and so is Ryan Smith, by association. It's like political humor - there's nothing funny about it. It makes me want to say goodbye in formal Finnish: "Moikka."

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
@ajgoal is on the lido deck with a babe and a pair of shitbag slots available. He also has the solemn responsibility to give me the name of his Spite Supergroup, his Super Shitbag Squad. I just hope he doesn't pick anyone in a way that re-starts the nervous breakdown I processed last night.
I gochu. I'll figure something out today.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t really have any personal gripe against the Edge, I’m just really striking against U2 and also calling yourself that and going with it is kinda weird. It’s like if Dwayne Johnson kept going by ‘the Rock’ for his whole non-wrestling career.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Can we not? Especially in here.

Hey I said "no offense" and I added the laugh emoji lol

I don't watch late night anymore either..i'm just saying I wouldn't expect him to enjoy them based on all of the available context we have.

You right though...the Quackverse is a holy place.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Some people think she is hot. Not me. I thinks she's gross.

mgid:ao:image:cmt.com:697757

She's obviously not "gross," per se, but I can't separate my eyeballs from my earballs when the latter are being assaulted. I could look past a lady's dopey, unfunny political stance or bad behavior and just engage my libido and simp for someone who is more or less "hot"-ish and stupid, but I can't ignore country music. Country music makes my earballs bleed and blinds my eyes.

Listen to this shit.

And stop telling Jesus to drive yer truck - He has more important things to do. Dipshit.

I wasn't watching "American Idol" yet when she was on there, so I wasn't afflicted by that, thank f*** almighty. I wouldn't even care about her specifically - she would just blend into the whole cauldron of brainless puke which is that genre - if it weren't for her weekly war crimes.

For the entire autumn every year for the past ... I don't know how many years, but it feels like 400 ... she has come on the NFL pregame for Sunday Night Football and just shat into a microphone. You can't see her ass shitting into it on-screen, but you can clearly hear the sound of a human ass shitting to the cadence of a bastardized version of Joan Jett's "I Hate Myself for Loving You." And not just shitting human shit, but shitting human shit in the form of words which sound like they were cobbled together from an eight-year-old mental patient's Mad Libs. Just shameless infantile brain vomit and literal butt shit. It's country shit and human shit and stupid shit and it drives me f***ing crazy. How can anyone think this is something that should be broadcast to millions of people, or even one person, in the Year of our Truck-Driving Lord 2022? F***'s sake. And not for nothing, but if it were possible to build a 50-foot tall statue of Chris Collinsworth made out of human shit and "music," this would be it.

Now, because Robbbb Thomas was off the board, I have to rearrange the roles these turds play in Sandakanto. You'll remember, of course, that in addition to being the band flutist, Lizzo's fat ass will serve as the band's percussion section, the largest in the world. In addition to writing lyrics and yodeling, Carrie Underwood will be responsible for playing Lizzo's fat bare ass with her bare hands. She is going to be shat on and farted on every second of every show and every rehearsal. That seems like appropriate and proportionate punishment for what she has done to me and to the whole concept of human hearing.

Carrie-Underwood-Speak-Out-1485612700.jpg

Team Member (literally) - Carrie F***ing Underwood - Yodeling, Gibberish, Percussion, F*** Yourself

@ajgoal

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

She's obviously not "gross," per se, but I can't separate my eyeballs from my earballs when the latter are being assaulted. I could look past a lady's dopey, unfunny political stance or bad behavior and just engage my libido and simp for someone who is more or less "hot"-ish and stupid, but I can't ignore country music. Country music makes my earballs bleed and blinds my eyes.

Listen to this shit.

And stop telling Jesus to drive yer truck - He has more important things to do. Dipshit.

I wasn't watching "American Idol" yet when she was on there, so I wasn't afflicted by that, thank f*** almighty. I wouldn't even care about her specifically - she would just blend into the whole cauldron of brainless puke which is that genre - if it weren't for her weekly war crimes.

For the entire autumn every year for the past ... I don't know how many years, but it feels like 400 ... she has come on the NFL pregame for Sunday Night Football and just shat into a microphone. You can't see her ass shitting into it on-screen, but you can clearly hear the sound of a human ass shitting to the cadence of a bastardized version of Joan Jett's "I Hate Myself for Loving You." And not just shitting human shit, but shitting human shit in the form of words which sound like they were cobbled together from an eight-year-old mental patient's Mad Libs. Just shameless infantile brain vomit and literal butt shit. It's country shit and human shit and stupid shit and it drives me f***ing crazy. How can anyone think this is something that should be broadcast to millions of people, or even one person, in the Year of our Truck-Driving Lord 2022? F***'s sake. And not for nothing, but if it were possible to build a 50-foot tall statue of Chris Collinsworth made out of human shit and "music," this would be it.

Now, because Robbbb Thomas was off the board, I have to rearrange the roles these turds play in Sandakanto. You'll remember, of course, that in addition to being the band flutist, Lizzo's fat ass will serve as the band's percussion section, the largest in the world. In addition to writing lyrics and yodeling, Carrie Underwood will be responsible for playing Lizzo's fat ass with her bare hands. She is going to be shat on and farted on every second of every show and every rehearsal. That seems like appropriate and proportionate punishment for what she has done to me and to the whole concept of human hearing.

Team Member (literally) - Carrie F***ing Underwood - Yodeling, Gibberish, Percussion, F*** Yourself

@ajgoal

Great pick. Terrible musician.

Her scene in this past season of Cobra Kai is the only thing that has ever happened on that show that I hated.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
@Captain Dave Poulin I didn't realize I was out of spite slots and therefore owe you a band. There are many, many spite options left. My bad.

Rather than a functional band, the goal here was to create in-fighting over a bed of a single plunking instrument.

Vocalist: Gene Simmons
Vocalist: David Lee Roth
Vocalist: Gwyneth Paltrow
Vocalist: Glenn Danzig
Vocalist: Thom Yorke
Keyboard: Daryl "Captain" Dragon

Five Anchors and a Sea Captain

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

Listen to this shit.

Now, because Robbbb Thomas was off the board, I have to rearrange the roles these turds play in Sandakanto. You'll remember, of course, that in addition to being the band flutist, Lizzo's fat ass will serve as the band's percussion section, the largest in the world. In addition to writing lyrics and yodeling, Carrie Underwood will be responsible for playing Lizzo's fat bare ass with her bare hands. She is going to be shat on and farted on every second of every show and every rehearsal. That seems like appropriate and proportionate punishment for what she has done to me and to the whole concept of human hearing.

@ajgoal

iu

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I don’t really have any personal gripe against the Edge, I’m just really striking against U2 and also calling yourself that and going with it is kinda weird. It’s like if Dwayne Johnson kept going by ‘the Rock’ for his whole non-wrestling career.

Dwayne is doing that, though. His lame attempts to tiptoe away from that are far too late to change anything - he sucks.

They needed to own the fact that they named it after the f***ing plane and were political in the early days and stop lying about it. I agree that it's a dumb name, but he's a good guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad