NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE FOURTEEN! Part One!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
We still have one more member to add, but the NJFZ Spite a cappella band will be officially known as [LIVERWURST]. All Caps, in brackets. Our official threads designer Z. Cavaricci is working up a bunch of classic late 80's looks for them as I write this.

They will also exclusively perform songs from Alanis' late 80's catalogue, with Dave Matthews and the guy from Imagine Dragons handling beatbox duties to achieve that classic 80's wet drum sound:

This is the auditory version of AV’s coaching.

Last edited:

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Spite band name: Harry's Hemorrhoids

Who's Harry? We don't know! And neither do they. But their schtick will be to coat themselves in poo and set it on fire to simulate a hemorrhoid. Of course, since this smells exceedingly terrible, they will be locked in a self-contained compartment.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
The Stay Pufts spite band shall be known as “Asnito”, and will use the font Winger used here.

32EA8BE4-64D0-44D5-8D2B-181B7CCE73C6.jpeg

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
We just got a great Spite Supername. Now we only need about 100 more.

3b1478f57dcda19644c76afa1083bb12.gif

We really made terrible progress yesterday, if you can even call it that. Everything is fine, nothing is f***ed, dude, nothing is f***ed, no pressure, but maybe we can get the proverbial car out of Park today possibly? Sounds great.

We start the day with my blood relative @Hollywood Couturier on the clock. I doubt that he feels like picking another literal member for his unnamed bag of shit, which would leave him picking a fictional owner for pit and the Chimps, but you never know - he could have spent the day yesterday researching pop music. @Chuck Downie is on deck with a pair, and he never has to research anything - I'm pretty sure he has a list of targets on his wall.

5hfJ.gif

After HC picks again (or seals off his Spite Supergroup to finish his phase), @Magua will be on the clock. He has a shit slot open if he so chooses, and a babe slot which he must satisfy, which is what she said. ajgoal is on the lido afterdeck, but he already has a tremendous babe, and he picked her without creating a babe thread. That's a great pick.

I literally walked uphill in the snow both ways to feed the chickens this morning and need to dry off. Enjoy your day. Or else.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Time to surprise you again, Cap.

So we're going to go ahead and select someone from the OTHER band that @Sombastate gave me when I asked for bands that he hated which was Journey. So with that said the Las Vegas Desert Ducks will add to our Spitegroup...Steve Perry.

@Chuck Downie You do you, boo.

As he's being led up the gangplank onto Spite Supergroup Prison Transport 1, he's going to be like

"I SHOULD HAVE BEEN GAW-HAWN!"

rf4Ypi.gif

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
Made the VA Beach Surge into the 33rd NHL team in NHL 22's expansion mode. 25-10-5 after 40 games.

Team is:

Gaudreau-Hertl-Perron
Bunting-PLD-Boeser
Marchment-Anthanasiou-Sheary
Galchenyuk-Stenlund-Patrick

Girard-Klingberg
Ekholm-Bear
Grzelcyk-Foote

Kahkkonen
Lankinen

They made this year's upcoming FA the FA after the draft so most of the good guys were available I just had to pay them. FA was wild though. Giroux went to Detroit. Malkin went to Colorado. Bergeron to Ottawa. Zibby to Anaheim. I offer sheeted Boeser by accident.

Rosters are a custom roster made on another forum somewhere that has draft classes up until 2024. I used realistic sliders I found online and sim the first 55 min of a game. If it is tied, I'm down 1 or ahead 1 I play out the last 5 min on superstar. Having fun with it.
Salary cap on or off

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Made the VA Beach Surge into the 33rd NHL team in NHL 22's expansion mode. 25-10-5 after 40 games.

Team is:

Gaudreau-Hertl-Perron
Bunting-PLD-Boeser
Marchment-Anthanasiou-Sheary
Galchenyuk-Stenlund-Patrick

Girard-Klingberg
Ekholm-Bear
Grzelcyk-Foote

Kahkkonen
Lankinen

They made this year's upcoming FA the FA after the draft so most of the good guys were available I just had to pay them. FA was wild though. Giroux went to Detroit. Malkin went to Colorado. Bergeron to Ottawa. Zibby to Anaheim. I offer sheeted Boeser by accident.

Rosters are a custom roster made on another forum somewhere that has draft classes up until 2024. I used realistic sliders I found online and sim the first 55 min of a game. If it is tied, I'm down 1 or ahead 1 I play out the last 5 min on superstar. Having fun with it.

Bounced in the first round to Tampa after swapping Perron for Malkin at the deadline and adding Bryan Rust. I didn't realize Perron was 33 when I signed him to an 8 year deal lol.

Revamped my bottom 6 and dealt Bunting's rights for Laughton. Bunting wanted 5 million a year which I couldn't afford. He had 30 goals and 50 points so we wish him well but I doubt he repeats that kind of production. Upgraded goaltending by bringing in Cam Talbot. Signed Svechnikov, Aston Reese, Okposo for all under 2 million each. Couldn't afford to re-sign Rust.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Bounced in the first round to Tampa after swapping Perron for Malkin at the deadline and adding Bryan Rust. I didn't realize Perron was 33 when I signed him to an 8 year deal lol.

Revamped my bottom 6 and dealt Bunting's rights for Laughton. Bunting wanted 5 million a year which I couldn't afford. He had 30 goals and 50 points so we wish him well but I doubt he repeats that kind of production. Upgraded goaltending by bringing in Cam Talbot. Signed Svechnikov, Aston Reese, Okposo for all under 2 million each. Couldn't afford to re-sign Rust.
So... then they're not the VA Beach Surge.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The Honolulu Ghibli cackle manically introducing our next spite band member: Vanilla Ice (instrument: Speak & Spell)

giphy.gif

Yo, VIP,
Let's kick me.

Spite spite baby,
Spite spite baby.
All right stop,
Maim and dismember,
Magua is back with a brand new Horse Shit member.

Something grabs a hold of me tightly,
Flow like my blood in my torture cell nightly,
Will it ever stop?
Yo, I don't know,
He sliced off my ears like Vincent van Gogh.
To the extreme my intestines are tangled,
Light up a stage, literally on fire like a candle.

@ajgoal

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
The Honolulu Ghibli cackle manically introducing our next spite band member: Vanilla Ice (instrument: Speak & Spell)

giphy.gif

Yo, VIP,
Let's kick me.

Spite spite baby,
Spite spite baby.
All right stop,
Maim and dismember,

Will it ever stop?
Yo, I don't know,

@ajgoal
boo-boo-this-man.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

giphy.gif

Yo, VIP,
Let's kick me.

Spite spite baby,
Spite spite baby.
All right stop,
Maim and dismember,

Will it ever stop?
Yo, I don't know,

@ajgoal

Great spitting. Great pick. Now all you have to do is think of a name for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad