NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – HISTORIC PHASE TWENTY!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Our "laser" gun will come from our very own Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It only appeared in the Martin Freeman/Mos Def movie version, released after the death of Douglas Adams, but there are rumblings on the interwebs that it is a Douglas Adams creation none the less.

The Seattle Sockeyes select the Point of View Gun which is used to make the target understand the shooter's point of view. It has been said that the gun only works on men. It has little effect on women, as their empathy levels are on average too high for the gun's circuitry to modify.

View attachment 604774

@DancingPanther: 42

Edit: there was a funny typo in my write up that the gun only worked on "me" instead of only on "men". I should have left it. :laugh:

tumblr_mkdhk1UsbM1rtkcfwo6_250.gifv

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I was cycling through my Tidal library trying to find a Cover Song and realized I should probably pick the one with lyrics that are literally tattooed on me.

Way back in the dark ages (1995), Woody Guthrie’s daughter contacted Billy Bragg about writing music for some of her father’s unpublished lyrics. Long story short, Bragg accepted, got Wilco involved, and produced one of the finest albums ever recorded, Mermaid Avenue. This isn’t the resulting single, nor is it the most ambitious cover on the album. It’s a simple, heartfelt song with a verse that’s refused to leave my thoughts since I first heard it 24 years ago.

”Ingrid Bergman” by Billy Bragg

@GKJ

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
I was cycling through my Tidal library trying to find a Cover Song and realized I should probably pick the one with lyrics that are literally tattooed on me.

Way back in the dark ages (1995), Woody Guthrie’s daughter contacted Billy Bragg about writing music for some of her father’s unpublished lyrics. Long story short, Bragg accepted, got Wilco involved, and produced one of the finest albums ever recorded, Mermaid Avenue. This isn’t the resulting single, nor is it the most ambitious cover on the album. It’s a simple, heartfelt song with a verse that’s refused to leave my thoughts since I first heard it 24 years ago.

@GKJ

We're not sure how comfortable our goodwill ambassador/babe is going to be with your selection here.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

@GKJ

This sounds like something I should have heard about before now

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly

@GKJ

My wife would be a big fan of this pick.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
Without looking at the video which I believe may be one of the greatest comedic bits in history, in honor of Danny Briere can I have the 48th named country in the song?
No I don’t know which one it is.
@Captain Dave Poulin get to counting

I counted. It’s Poland. Is Poland available?
Your wife must have a super human level of patience:facepalm:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
"I'm like a bird, I like to shit on heads ..."

BbIar.gif

We start the day with @pit on the clock. I'll be honest, around the time you get to the seventh or eighth viewing of "Parks and Rec," it becomes almost intolerably cringe, and not just almost. Not just the last season and a half, which was bad at the time, but the whole thing. There are still plenty of moments that make you laugh, but having seen them all enough there is no way you can water-ski over the loads of saccharine. It's the same with the U.S. version of "The Office" - I loved it (i.e. the first seven seasons) the first nine or 10 times I saw it, but it really does have a shelf life. Anyone who makes a show that survives that many viewings deserves a pat on the back, but still.

Having said that, I am incapable of seeing the word "pit" without immediately singing in my head "I FELL INTO THE PIT! YOU FELL INTO THE PIT! WE FELL INTO THE PIT!" It's the same thing with "I'm like a bird, I like to shit on heads - I don't know where my shit is - I don't know where my heads is" - but you already know that.

@Striiker is on deck - everyone make sure to tag him several times - and Chuckles is on the lido deck. BigToe is so big on the lido afterdeck. @JojoTheWhale can drop his picks on our ass when he can.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
@Striiker is on deck - everyone make sure to tag him several times - and Chuckles is on the lido deck. BigToe is so big on the lido afterdeck. @JojoTheWhale can drop his picks on our ass when he can.
Have some work stuff for a bit, so you can skip me (though the rate we're going I may still post first, though @Striiker is normally very swift!).
Don't you all think you're going a little overboard by continuously tagging that fine young man, @Striiker ?
shh im sleeping

cfaa52e39e8dd626f54384877fb494cb.gif

also, we're all aware that i'd already have to be on the site to see the mentions, right?

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
@Captain Dave Poulin

I would like to petition the league to change the Official Goal Song of the Las Vegas Desert Ducks to the following.

We kindly ask @ajgoal 's permission since Weird Al is the Whalers Team Musician. I don't remember if we weren't allowed to use goal songs from selected musicians but i'll be nice and kindly ask instead of just claiming it.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
@Captain Dave Poulin

I would like to petition the league to change the Official Goal Song of the Las Vegas Desert Ducks to the following.

We kindly ask @ajgoal 's permission since Weird Al is the Whalers Team Musician. I don't remember if we weren't allowed to use goal songs from selected musicians but i'll be nice and kindly ask instead of just claiming it.

We have no issues with it, it fits the #Lore and the commission checks should pay for lunch every couple of weeks.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
@Captain Dave Poulin

YES. Done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad