NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – HISTORIC PHASE TWENTY!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Sorry, I'm feeling under the weather. I've saved my watery pick until the end, and no, it's not my snot. There were scenic options aplenty, but I needed more than scenery.

The Honolulu Ghibli skinny dip in our Team Body of Water: Solaris

81005038404ece7ffb143efeb297158402f0f50a.gifv

From the acclaimed sci-fi book and movie (the Russian Tarkovsky one, not the George Clooney one), Solaris, the title refers to a planet that is covered entirely by a protoplasmiotic ocean -- we're picking the ocean, if we're being technical. But it's no ordinary ocean. It's a sentient organism. Unexplainable structures are created on its surface and then just as quickly destroyed. Decades are spent trying to understand this entity to no avail. And then in the course of the story, the research crew on the space station orbiting Solaris are greeted by manifestations of dead loved ones, in flesh and spirit, created by the ocean. This could come in handy.

Mercurial @Asnito ! Studied Asnito! Gubernatorial Asnito!

It's a good movie

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
OK, so I have checked my wording in the OP, and this is good to go.

Some of you (it feels like most, but maybe it was just some) made sure to say something like "We with the (your name) organization don't believe in serial killers," etc. I didn't say anything at the time, because I didn't want to make anyone feel bad, but you don't really need to qualify things like that in here. With the exception of Bernie, for whom such statements are total #Lore and great, it's a huge "No Doi" that we don't support serial killers. I just felt like getting that off my chest. I want everyone to relax about shit like this. Also, it wasn't my idea - I am pretty sure it was Milord's suggestion. So that explains everything.

Anyway, the lovely person I am choosing ruled in this sphere twice. Speaking of spheres, she swung a badass meteor hammer in the role of Gogo Yubari in "Kill Bill." Even though she didn't last long, and didn't actually kill anyone, we can reasonably assume that she has killed many, many, many people, due to her position in O-Ren's organization and just her general nature.

kill-bill-chiaki-kuriyama.gif

Even better, she played the role of Takako Chigusa - "an athletic girl (the fastest sprinter on the track team) and the most beautiful girl in the school" - in "Battle Royale." I think you know how much I love that book (the Lapins' Team Book) and movie, and I love that character.

HandmadeMeekBlacklab-size_restricted.gif

She was also a great killer in "Blade of the Immortal."

MV5BNGFmZWIzODUtNmIwZS00ZGM4LWE3YzktZDIxMzE4Y2ExYTc3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDQxNjcxNQ@@._V1_.jpg

So basically, she totally rules.

Team Serial Killer - Chiaki Kuriyama

@Magua

She did kill in Kill Bill. Wow.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
This was really a tough one! But, after careful thought and some very high test indica, I’ve made a choice!

Tommy James and the Shondells did it first, but the bad ass bad girl of rock and roll did it so much better! Folks if you don’t dig Joan Jett, then you just don’t dig rock and roll!!

The official 2nd cover song of the Jacksonville Methgators is….CRIMSON AND CLOVER BY JOAN JETT AND THE BLACKHEARTS!!

@Young Sandwich , keep on rockin and make a pick!

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
The majestic Sexpos have one final selection to make in the most historic of phases yet. Anyone who has been paying attention could see this one coming from a mile away. My home away from home and spiritual mecca will finally be making the trek with us to the QV aboard our very obviously phallic transport ship, The Lexx. This place provides me with my version of physical and mental therapy, which I'd be lost without. Like literally probably in a ditch somewhere. Wading balls deep in the cold, clean water for hours at a time is enough to forcefully eject any form of troubles that may currently be on my mind. The natural beauty of the area makes it seem like you're already on a different planet, and the incredible wild fish that call these waters their home are just a bonus. The cherry on top of the sundae of beauty. All will be welcome to share in this wondrous beauty once we get to the QV as it would be a crime to keep it all to ourselves. Come along as I take you on a pictorial journey of my happy place:

86Rx31A.jpg

SB7CNXx.jpg

Ur8v0TF.jpg

yqIqyvn.jpg

WGm4MOI.jpg

NjhsBG6.jpg

Dvinlty.jpg

Bap2mIS.jpg

XIhhyr3.jpg

vLzZr4H.jpg

Team Body of Water - The Upper Delaware River

@BernieParent I was thinking of tying on a flashback pheasant tail with a copper john dropper, but then I noticed a few light cahills and October caddis flying around so decided to switch it up to a size 14 gold digger hot butt jig nymph with a peeping caddis pupa trailing beneath it instead. Your thoughts?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The majestic Sexpos have one final selection to make in the most historic of phases yet. Anyone who has been paying attention could see this one coming from a mile away. My home away from home and spiritual mecca will finally be making the trek with us to the QV aboard our very obviously phallic transport ship, The Lexx. This place provides me with my version of physical and mental therapy, which I'd be lost without. Like literally probably in a ditch somewhere. Wading balls deep in the cold, clean water for hours at a time is enough to forcefully eject any form of troubles that may currently be on my mind. The natural beauty of the area makes it seem like you're already on a different planet, and the incredible wild fish that call these waters their home are just a bonus. The cherry on top of the sundae of beauty. All will be welcome to share in this wondrous beauty once we get to the QV as it would be a crime to keep it all to ourselves. Come along as I take you on a pictorial journey of my happy place:

86Rx31A.jpg

SB7CNXx.jpg

Ur8v0TF.jpg

yqIqyvn.jpg

WGm4MOI.jpg

NjhsBG6.jpg

Dvinlty.jpg

Bap2mIS.jpg

XIhhyr3.jpg

vLzZr4H.jpg

@BernieParent I was thinking of tying on a flashback pheasant tail with a copper john dropper, but then I noticed a few light cahills and October caddis flying around so decided to switch it up to a size 14 gold digger hot butt jig nymph with a peeping caddis pupa trailing beneath it instead. Your thoughts?

I want to punch the fish

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

86Rx31A.jpg

SB7CNXx.jpg

Ur8v0TF.jpg

yqIqyvn.jpg

WGm4MOI.jpg

NjhsBG6.jpg

Dvinlty.jpg

Bap2mIS.jpg

XIhhyr3.jpg

vLzZr4H.jpg

Thanks, @Young Sandwich. I would probably go with a hook and a worm myself, but you do your fancy thing. 😉

"The owners of the Tampa Bay FireSticks, already lamenting another fine round of spirited and amusing draft selections, wrap up our choices for this 20th round with our pick for Team College Course. So many options! We will have to go with Exploring The Lord of the Rings, offered by the Mythgard Institute (Signum University). The course is a word-by-word analysis of the LoTR series and a "virtual field trip", which is actually "exploring one of the most extensive and thoughtful adaptations of Tolkien’s world ever – the interactive world of Lord of the Rings Online."

"As with the last pick of every round, we wish to thank our benign overlords @Captain Dave Poulin and @Hollywood Cannon for their creativity and good humour all the while putting up with our endless attempts to exploit loopholes and create mayhem or havoc or whichever one the Cap'n warns us not to do. This will also serve as my tagging of @Hollywood Cannon for his next selection."

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013

86Rx31A.jpg

SB7CNXx.jpg

Ur8v0TF.jpg

yqIqyvn.jpg

WGm4MOI.jpg

NjhsBG6.jpg

Dvinlty.jpg

Bap2mIS.jpg

XIhhyr3.jpg

vLzZr4H.jpg

Seriously, I need to know how to get there.
I took my boys to the creek at krewstown road and every single cast was an immediate snag.
I’m barely a novice at fishing but that shit ain’t right.
That spot looks beautiful.

There's a naughty word in the song, but we're mostly adults here...

I’ve never heard of that nursery rhyme or whatever until I had kids. I hate it so much.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I would tell all of you to Venmo the Meths so they can build a concrete bunker, but Venmo me those funds instead. I am in a tropical storm of broke.

anime-give-me.gif

We start the day with @Hollywood Cannon on the clock in his sister's car on his way to TV's office, and Starberry on deck. @Asnito has to make up a pick, and @JojoTheWhale has to make up a couple (I think), BUT we are not in a hurry to start the next phase, so take your time. I may even wait until next week to give CF88 some time to take care of some West Coast shit.

Holy f***ing SHITBALLS. So here is what happened. Remember the nerdy girl (29) who liked the nerdy gamer (23), but he liked the hot model (22)? When that happened she seemed like the nerd loser in the scenario, even though she is really nice and just kind of shy. Well, the gamer and the model left the house and were replaced. The guy who replaced the gamer is a hugely successful investment guy (35) or something, but he's not a fidouche - he's super nice, too, and he helps everyone in the house with everything, giving advice and whatnot like a dad. It turns out that he likes the nerdy girl, and he went out with her on some dumb dates (learning to make cakes, riding bicycles, etc.). He hadn't confessed that he liked her, but she got the gist of it, so during the bike ride she looked to head him off at the pass (figuratively) and told him that he wasn't really her type - she was looking for someone with "youthful energy." He just kind of nodded, but then started asking all the other houseguests how he could be more youthful. Then a new guy came, a college basketball player (20) who had never dated anyone. He is really kind of dumb, but he's essentially a good guy. As the days pass, he starts talking to the nerdy girl more, and it turns out that he likes her too.

Well, f*** my life, check this out. The dad has been real close to this dummy, helping him with everything, but he gets wind of the dummy's attraction to the nerdy girl. The dad asks him flat out, and tells the dummy that he has liked her since he moved in. The other new guy is a classical guitarist who just got a job playing in a bar, and on his first night of work asks the houseguests to go there. The dad asks the guitarist if he (the dad) can sing a song and then confess to the nerdy girl at the bar. The dummy hears this, but says he has practice and can't go to the bar.

So about four of them go to the bar, and the dad gets up on stage to sing a romantic song to the nerdy girl. The dummy walks in the bar and sits down at the table. The dad sings his song - the dummy sits at the table rubbing his face in frustration. The song concludes and the dad, into the microphone from the stage in front of the whole bar, confesses to the girl. She hears him out, then stands up and tells him that she appreciates him, but he isn't her type - she says "No means no." Oh my f***, it was hard to watch. She's already a nervous person, and this whole thing is making her shake with nerves. The guy comes down off stage and tells her not to worry. But hold on. The dummy gets out of his seat and walks quickly up on stage. He takes the microphone and says "If you won't have Hao (the dad), will you have me?" Everyone is just staring in horror at this unbelievable scene, including the nerdy girl. Her hands are shaking like f***. She stands up and stares at him, kind of shaking her head, and walks out. The guitarist, sitting right next to the dummy on stage, says "What are you doing?" The dummy says "It's none of your business," and then drops the microphone loudly on the stage. The dummy follows the nerdy girl out and chases her down, and she says "Don't follow me."

Oh my holy shitballs. It was f***ing extraordinary, seriously. I swear to you, one of the panelists actually said, quote, "This is too real!" And it was. The good news is that they have added two new girls, and they are both scrumptious as hell. I don't think they have made a new season of this yet, but I'll look into it after I finish this one. I'll let you know. My eyes are still smoking after that. Holy f***.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Seriously, I need to know how to get there.
I took my boys to the creek at krewstown road and every single cast was an immediate snag.
I’m barely a novice at fishing but that shit ain’t right.
That spot looks beautiful.

I’ve never heard of that nursery rhyme or whatever until I had kids. I hate it so much.
This is up in the Catskills in NY where I've had over 15 years of experience catching these trout. It is by no means automatic that you'll catch fish just by showing up. In fact it's some of the most technical trout fishing in the country.

You should search out a little pond/lake near you to fish. It's pretty easy to find a spot that you can catch sunnies every cast with a worm under a bobber. That's the way to go with kids who are first timers.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
The Las Vegas Desert Ducks legitimately do not have a selection for the Team 80's Nude Scene outside of one that was shot down by Cap and we do not wish to give Cap a bigger headache than he already has from all the abandonedness and defectiveness he has to deal with so...

@Strawberry Fields bring us home.

You have to pick something. Just Google it.

Reactions: BiggE

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
The Las Vegas Desert Ducks legitimately do not have a selection for the Team 80's Nude Scene outside of one that was shot down by Cap and we do not wish to give Cap a bigger headache than he already has from all the abandonedness and defectiveness he has to deal with so...

@Strawberry Fields bring us home.

I got one for you, if you're interested.

On a work computer?!?

My suggestion is also safe for work, if decidedly strange.

Reactions: BiggE

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad