NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – HISTORIC PHASE TWENTY!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
My last pick of the round is the 80's nude scene. Many of the options I would have considered (ala Monty Python) were taken off the board early so I left this for last.

80's young boy me was thrilled to grow up a time that these movies existed because, well, boobs were a whole new thing and wow, there they were, just gratuitously popping up in some movie my parents otherwise thought was totally fine for me to watch. Adult me says "Wait, I lived in a society where we were cool with all this? Really? And we made movies like this?"

Since current me wasn't being much help, I tried to tap into the young me for this selection. There was a more obscure option from RANCH, which was more of the brazen 80's teen sex comedy, or there was the one that tried to be a little more of a movie and that more tastefully hinted at nudity rather than outright showing it the way RANCH did (quite often from my youthful recollections). Although, to be clear, the latter movie was no angel either, especially if you include the random scene where a girl is playing piano and then stripped of all her clothing as she is sucked out the chimney.)

So, with all that blather aside that likely made sense to no one, I'll make the simple selection for 80's nude scene: The shower scene in Weird Science.

Makeup pick, no one to tag. Unless @mja wants me to tag @Striiker again for fun?

@Striiker picked his laser gun. It's Chuck D aka @Chuck Downie

EDIT: Nothing is horrible like post amalgamation.

Last edited:

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Good. Have some nuggz.

I wish but I'm currently trying not to die or rage since I've had to fast all day because of something going on tomorrow. By the time I'm done and can eat, it'll have been about 46 hours since I last ate anything.

So, naturally, I'm currently watching food videos on Youtube to punish myself and maximize sadness.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
I wish but I'm currently trying not to die or rage since I've had to fast all day because of something going on tomorrow. By the time I'm done and can eat, it'll have been about 46 hours since I last ate anything.

So, naturally, I'm currently watching food videos on Youtube to punish myself and maximize sadness.
I know that feeling. I went almost 72 hours without solid food when I had my surgery in May. First thing I ate was a pbj, mac and cheese, and chocolate milk.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
CC8C51EB-9237-4977-AFC2-EE7E17771A76.jpeg

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013

Good luck tomorrow bud.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Great pick, Toe. You're welcome.

7941e605-4772-4e42-b67c-fbe8432046f3_text.gif

We start the day with @ajgoal on the clock, myself on deck ... shit ... @Magua on the lido deck, and @Asnito on the lido afterdeck.

I once went 14 days without eating. It was when I was in Sweden and I was looking to shed some of the winter pounds, so I found this powder you mixed with water to make "milkshakes" that you drank like six times a day. They were just flavored water with vitamins and shit - I looked into it and it was supposed to be healthy. I don't actually know how I did it. By the fourth day I thought I would die. I wouldn't say it got easier after that, but it seemed slightly less fatal. In the early stages all I could think about was cheeseburgers and pizza, but by the 14th day I was fantasizing about pumpernickel bread, cottage cheese and pineapples ... which is what I ate the next day when I could finally have food again. Hunger does batshit things to your brain.

Speaking of which, I really can't stand hockey anymore. Like, at all. Seriously. I hate that sport now. I had the stupid Preds and the stupid Kraken on last night, and I was just making stank face at the TV every time I looked up from "Shanghai Share Life," and then Hakstok's stupid f***ing face flashed on, and then I almost smashed the TV with a f***ing crowbar. Have you ever thought about the fact that Provorov has devolved ever since he got to the NHL, and the fact that Hakstok was his coach, and the fact that Hakstok was a college coach, and the fact that Hakstok hates young players and young people, and the fact that despite everything Hakstok showed here, he still got another head coaching job in the NHL? I'm sorry, but it's not a f***ing league that you can take seriously.

F*** hockey.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Great pick, Toe. You're welcome.

7941e605-4772-4e42-b67c-fbe8432046f3_text.gif

We start the day with @ajgoal on the clock, myself on deck ... shit ... @Magua on the lido deck, and @Asnito on the lido afterdeck.

I once went 14 days without eating. It was when I was in Sweden and I was looking to shed some of the winter pounds, so I found this powder you mixed with water to make "milkshakes" that you drank like six times a day. They were just flavored water with vitamins and shit - I looked into it and it was supposed to be healthy. I don't actually know how I did it. By the fourth day I thought I would die. I wouldn't say it got easier after that, but it seemed slightly less fatal. In the early stages all I could think about was cheeseburgers and pizza, but by the 14th day I was fantasizing about pumpernickel bread, cottage cheese and pineapples ... which is what I ate the next day when I could finally have food again. Hunger does batshit things to your brain.

Speaking of which, I really can't stand hockey anymore. Like, at all. Seriously. I hate that sport now. I had the stupid Preds and the stupid Kraken on last night, and I was just making stank face at the TV every time I looked up from "Shanghai Share Life," and then Hakstok's stupid f***ing face flashed on, and then I almost smashed the TV with a f***ing crowbar. Have you ever thought about the fact that Provorov has devolved ever since he got to the NHL, and the fact that Hakstok was his coach, and the fact that Hakstok was a college coach, and the fact that Hakstok hates young players and young people, and the fact that despite everything Hakstok showed here, he still got another head coaching job in the NHL? I'm sorry, but it's not a f***ing league that you can take seriously.

F*** hockey.
Any sport that employs
1668001027675.gif

1668001095990.jpeg

1668001139484.gif

and
1668001221397.gif

should rot in hell for eternity.

Can we just go ahead and ban the NHL from the Quackverse?

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
For our final pick of this historic draft, we were torn between two masters. Mistresses. Something.

We were really, really hoping that someone would pick one of our nude scenes, because we love [RANCH] and unlike some of the other scenes picked, this was the one that popped into that portion of the brain. However, we are at our core devoted to science, and there is a singularly appropriate scene remaining on the board.

With all due respect to {REDACTED] and science, and to make @Captain Dave Poulin and the entirety of our Quackverse team, male and female, happy, we're going to follow the spirit of the category rather than our loophole (sorry @JojoTheWhale). Both actors were fully nude and we assume we're taking the rough cut.

Team 80s Nude Scene: Lea Thompson and Tom Cruise - All the Right Moves

Want to see something funny, @Captain Dave Poulin?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
OK, so I have checked my wording in the OP, and this is good to go.

Some of you (it feels like most, but maybe it was just some) made sure to say something like "We with the (your name) organization don't believe in serial killers," etc. I didn't say anything at the time, because I didn't want to make anyone feel bad, but you don't really need to qualify things like that in here. With the exception of Bernie, for whom such statements are total #Lore and great, it's a huge "No Doi" that we don't support serial killers. I just felt like getting that off my chest. I want everyone to relax about shit like this. Also, it wasn't my idea - I am pretty sure it was Milord's suggestion. So that explains everything.

Anyway, the lovely person I am choosing ruled in this sphere twice. Speaking of spheres, she swung a badass meteor hammer in the role of Gogo Yubari in "Kill Bill." Even though she didn't last long, and didn't actually kill anyone, we can reasonably assume that she has killed many, many, many people, due to her position in O-Ren's organization and just her general nature.

kill-bill-chiaki-kuriyama.gif

Even better, she played the role of Takako Chigusa - "an athletic girl (the fastest sprinter on the track team) and the most beautiful girl in the school" - in "Battle Royale." I think you know how much I love that book (the Lapins' Team Book) and movie, and I love that character.

HandmadeMeekBlacklab-size_restricted.gif

She was also a great killer in "Blade of the Immortal."

MV5BNGFmZWIzODUtNmIwZS00ZGM4LWE3YzktZDIxMzE4Y2ExYTc3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDQxNjcxNQ@@._V1_.jpg

So basically, she totally rules.

Team Serial Killer - Chiaki Kuriyama

@Magua

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Sorry, I'm feeling under the weather. I've saved my watery pick until the end, and no, it's not my snot. There were scenic options aplenty, but I needed more than scenery.

The Honolulu Ghibli skinny dip in our Team Body of Water: Solaris

81005038404ece7ffb143efeb297158402f0f50a.gifv

From the acclaimed sci-fi book and movie (the Russian Tarkovsky one, not the George Clooney one), Solaris, the title refers to a planet that is covered entirely by a protoplasmiotic ocean -- we're picking the ocean, if we're being technical. But it's no ordinary ocean. It's a sentient organism. Unexplainable structures are created on its surface and then just as quickly destroyed. Decades are spent trying to understand this entity to no avail. And then in the course of the story, the research crew on the space station orbiting Solaris are greeted by manifestations of dead loved ones, in flesh and spirit, created by the ocean. This could come in handy.

Mercurial @Asnito ! Studied Asnito! Gubernatorial Asnito!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad