Post-Game Talk: NHL Entry Draft 2015 - Bruins Report Card

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Im guessing here that the Bruins would be at or over the contract limit ?

And yes, natural, is your own. Not an acquired pick. Like for offer sheets. The compensation must be natural picks.

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
Didn't read everything but my guess is those who didn't like the picks were mad about the Hamilton and Lucic trades and let it carry over to their vote.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Thanks there has to be something. Some red flag beyond just Sweeney is stupid. If so he just might be in good company.

For example dozens, literally dozens here, keep brining up we must get Kassian. I continue to ask why?
His back is so ****ed up he hasnt been on skates since March. They come back with 'really, didnt know that'.

Following week, we must make a run for Kassian!

:laugh:

He fell pretty far and knee issue makes sense. I think there are often things fans aren't privy to that make players fall and health issues probably top the list.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Easily their best draft class overall since 2010. I know everyone's screaming mad about the Hamilton deal (including myself), but they did well here.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Senyshyn is going to be special. I am real high on the player (not the pick) and he will be up with the leaders in goals/pts in the OHL next year

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
B- or C+.

1. I like Zboril for obvious reasons.
2. I don't like the other two 1st picks. Nothing against the kids, but the Bruins overreached and didn't fully utilize value imho. Even if JD and ZS were to be picked by other clubs later, unless they were the Bruins BPA at the time, you can't justify it... and if they were, shame on their list.
3. Lucic trade is solid. He needed to go and the return was great.
4. Dougie trade was/is/likely will be awful. Shame on the FO on that.
5. I'm pleased with the later rounds

Overall: good, bad and ugly.... B- or C+

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Hamilton and Lucic were our 2 best Shersey sellers though so the trade was automatically a loss and the draft picks automatically stink....

We got a Lucic/Marchand type prospect in round 4, a long term goalie prospect with as much upside as Subban at this point allowing us to trade him or McIntyre now Jones is here, and 6 players in the top 52 insted of 2.

You have to give that a good grade in itself we essentially got 3 drafts rolled into 1.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
That's the problem with trading two top roster players for picks and prospects.

We won't likely see any of these players for 2 years and most will likely take 3/4. I'm okay with building up the prospect pool it it leaves an NHL team with a lot of holes, still not much money to pay the players who fill the holes. One bright spot is we will get to see what many of the Providence players can do in the NHL from day one vs a game here or there.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
FO knew exactly who the wanted. Got to respect that. One thing for sure the identity of the bruins just got rewritten. Will see if it's for the best. Huge balls from the FO. Voted an A

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
FO knew exactly who the wanted. Got to respect that. One thing for sure the identity of the bruins just got rewritten. Will see if it's for the best. Huge balls from the FO. Voted an A

I disagree. Pretty much every player they drafted has serious aggression to their game. Almost every single one of them can and will drop the gloves. And they added skill. The draft was a success for sure, and they stuck by their word.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I disagree. Pretty much every player they drafted has serious aggression to their game. Almost every single one of them can and will drop the gloves. And they added skill. The draft was a success for sure, and they stuck by their word.

I know. After reading reviews and profiles this is overall the fastest AND grittiest draft in ages.

I dont get it. These kids are not soft players. Not close.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
I know. After reading reviews and profiles this is overall the fastest AND grittiest draft in ages.

I dont get it. These kids are not soft players. Not close.

By far. Carlo is just flat out nasty. Do I even have to speak about Gabrielle? If I remember correctly from last night, McKenzie said about Zboril "This guy will definitely have more than a few run ins with the department of player safety". That quote won me over. Lauzon has a serious physical edge to his game, and will play a shutdown role in the future. Senysyn also has the nasty in his game, big and lanky frame with physicality. That all sounds like a new era of Big Bad Bruins. Nasty Bruins.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Starting to warm up to this draft a little bit.

The Carlo pick was good value for where it was.

The Gabrielle selection I like as well.

Valder for where it was also a decent pick.

The rest I'm still not fussy on.

Likely 4-5 years before we even see Forsbacka-Karlsson, Beckman, or Hughes turn pro, then another 2-3 years in the minors honing their game. Not so bad for the 6th and 7th rounder but much too long to get a return on a decently high 2nd.

Part of it as well I'm not that high on the Zboril pick as a lot of people are. I think he'll end up as a decent defense-man but he wasn't someone I was really high on going into this draft. Yes as far as rankings go it was decent value, but he looks like best case is he ends up a No.3, worst case a No.6. I just don't see top pair upside with this guy. Honestly at 13 I wanted a player with at least star potential if not superstar.

New grade: C minus

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Easily their best draft class overall since 2010. I know everyone's screaming mad about the Hamilton deal (including myself), but they did well here.

It's not that hard to have the best draft class in 5 years when you gut your top end talent to get the picks.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
I'm going with B only because the Hamilton trade did not evolve into a top 5 move up.

Every player drafted supposedly has good character and wants to be a Bruin.

They drafted all positions so it looks like they did what drafts are supposed to do, keep the system stocked as people develop. Hopefully some of them develop faster than others ala Bergeron, Pasternik.

No one wants to be a Bruin, everyone wants to make money in the NHL. This whole non-sense of 'wanting' to be a member of a certain team belongs back in the 50's

617Marine

Aug 17, 2012
Boston
This site kills me sometimes. I swear. You'd think the world was coming to an end with some people talking about the end of days for the Boston Bruins. Read the scouting report below:

"While not overly fast, the former Q center could be described as shifty but solid on his skates. Not surprisingly, his combination of skills has landed him on the power play where he has seen a good amount of success scoring seven goals with the extra man to date. Normally, he’ll line up there with Thornton and Samsonov or Samsonov and Lapointe with Rolston manning one of the points. That said, he hasn’t seen a lot of time in shorthanded situations, though his time there has been gradually increasing. So long as he keeps working and learning, he could develop into a very good penalty-killer one day."

Pretty average right. You know who they're talking about? Some 18 year old kid named Patrice Bergeron.

The reactions I've read on these boats over the past 36 hours, you would've thought Hitler was re-invading Poland. Calm down. There's literally 1,000 things more important in the world than what Don Sweeney did yesterday. It's just a freaking game.

End rant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad