Post-Game Talk: NHL Entry Draft 2015 - Bruins Report Card

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Aside from the Bruins passing on him, since others did too, why did Barzal slip to where he did?

Anyone?

Many here have already placed him on a pedastal. Im curious.

Injury.

In ways, you could argue Barzal might be this draft's Pasta. Why?

Pasta was ranked very highly early on, but fell in overall rankings due to injury concerns (season ending concussion). In fact, some thought Pasta might fall even further, to late 1st round:

http://www.inlouwetrust.com/2014/6/5/5775304/david-pastrnak-2014-nhl-draft-prospect-profile

Barzal fell on the draft board for injury concerns. But he has the talent to help a team right now, and has major 1st line upside.

Bruins should have drafted him. Could have been another Pasta.

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
anything outside an F you're completely out to lunch.

This franchise has embarrassed itself and has set themselves back 5-10 years.

I said when Chia was gone and Sweeney brought in... it could be our dawning of the JFJ Years in TO, (who still has not recovered completely from)... looks like I was right.

Bruins are in the same boat... rookie GM given the keys with an idiot drivers (Neeley/Jacobs/Sinden)

These guys are morons and driving what was an amazing core/great team 3-4 years ago completely off a cliff... thanks Cam.

captain stone

Jul 10, 2004
Hershey PA
I gave them a C. Except for the ******** Senyshyn pick, the others (not sure about Jesse Gabrielle) at least were picked around where they were expected to be picked, and that alone makes this draft better than any that was stuporvised by the ChiaPet.

Edit: didn't like the Cam Hughes pick at #165; I would've gone with the much younger & bigger David Cotton, also a CL, from Cushing Academy.

I didn't understand, at all, trading the 5th-rounder merely for Minnesota's 5th-rounder next year, which by then will almost certainly be a half-dozen (or more) spot lower than #135.

On second thought, maybe I should've given them a D.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011

I said when Chia was gone and Sweeney brought in... it could be our dawning of the JFJ Years in TO, (who still has not recovered completely from)... looks like I was right.

Bruins are in the same boat... rookie GM given the keys with an idiot drivers (Neeley/Jacobs/Sinden)

These guys are morons and driving what was an amazing core/great team 3-4 years ago completely off a cliff... thanks Cam.

this is a report card on the actual draft, not the offseason (hamilton, lucic, mcquaid etc) going by the draft, they get a B- from me.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Zboril- good pick

Debrusk- about a 10 pick reach on the lists but a two way scoring winger, willing to do the dirty work and makes the smart play. sounds good to me

Senyshyn- another reach, big and fast. scored 26 goals on the 3rd line on a really deep team in his OHL rookie year. Apparently that team was older and deep so I would love to see him get more minutes and explode next year and shut everyone up.

^I like the potential of those guys. But if they falter then Sweeney set us back 5 years. No pressure!

Karlsson, two way center who models his game after Bergeron. We'll get to see him at BU next year

Carlo, Big defensive Dman who can skate. Apparently he might be the most NHL ready because of his mobility. I like this pick

Lauzon - seems like a well rounded Dman out of the Q. Haven't read much but it seems like people like the pick

Gabrielle is an agitaor who is 6'0" and 205. That's pretty solid and hopefully he can add some grit and pan out better than Camara at the pro level

I give them a B. I like the scouting reports on the picks, but if those risks don't pay off then in 3 years we might be ****ed

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I give it a C+/B-. Because of how far out they went in the 1st round, it'll be impossible to rank it for a couple of years.

Past the 1st round, I loved every pick.

Zboril, loved it. Should have been one of our 3 firsts. Not sure what his ceiling is but he's a good defenseman and plays our type of hockey. DeBrusk? Ok, MacKenzie said we loved the kid. He looked to be a late 1st. Even though Connor and BARZAL are on the board, sure. If they really like him, take a reach. I actually really like his style of play and I feel like he could be a Pastrnak type of surprise. Just have a hunch about him. Senyshyn... I like the player, but he's a round early. We had 3 2nd rounders.

I think a lot of additional players, Carlo most likely, will be NHL caliber But passing up on Connor AND Barzal is too much for me to swallow. If they picked Barzal and Connor, and traded say Subban for a few 2nd rounders, I would have been REALLY happy... Would have been an A for sure. Let's hope our scouting crew was right on the first rounders. Because we need impact players... And I think Barzal is a top 5 talent.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

And low and behold who showed up here last summer in a key management position...the legendary JFJ himself.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
I'm not going to rate it as there is no way to know, however trading Hamilton gets an F, and sets our team way back in developing, we have no one in the system that can try and take over for Chara now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad