GDT: NHL Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
It won't, Russell is untouchable unless a massive overpayment is offered. Leads the NHL in blocked shots, on a great contract, moves the puck extremely well. No way he moves.

thank god. he's extremely overrated and would probably be the 13th best Dman in the Penguins system. It would be between him and Chorney and Scuderi. It's close.

penguins2946*

You bring up the "country club atmosphere" ********, and then challenge someone to make better arguments.

It's hilarious that you're acting like there isn't a country club atmosphere on this team. It's so blatantly obvious to anyone who watches the team and anyone who watches how they operate.

Eberle is not the right type of winger for either Crosby or Malkin.

And your support for this is...

Eberle does not make up for Kunitz's production, Adams back in the line-up, and Spaling or Winnik at 3C - a position that neither have played consistently.

Spaling at 3C isn't a downgrade from Sutter, and he has played a ton of center over the years. You're viciously underrating Eberle, it's actually kinda funny. You really wouldn't trade for a long term top-6 option because it puts Adams in on the 4th line?

Moving Kunitz and Sutter for Eberle likely disrupts the locker room.

Oh boo hoo, seriously. This locker room hasn't accomplished **** in over 5 years now. Maybe they need something to disrupt the locker room. Were you saying this about the Neal deal last year?

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union

How would people feel about this? It opens up a little cap space and gives us another tradeable asset. Though I'm not really sure what Greiss would bring back, probably not much.

I would do that probably. Get something. If Fleury goes down, it´s game over for us, no matter if we have Greiss or Zatkoff.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I'm totally content with us doing nothing, in fact, I'd prefer it. I do want to see some trades happen for other teams though.

Me too. I mean, would I like an upgrade on Kunitz for Geno? Absolutely, but I don't think it's that easy. JR has made some nice depth moves and Lines 1, 3, and 4 appear to be shaping up and Geno is on fire and has chemistry with Comeau. Kunitz, IMO, has played better since being demoted to Geno's line.

I don't see any moves out there that will substantially increase our chances to contend this year so let's just stand pat. In the off season, JR can explore the blockbuster trade for Geno's winger.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
Yeah, but all of their centers are lefties: Plekanec, Desharnais, de la Rose, Malhotra, plus Eller and Galchenyuk both playing wing right now.

I would take Desharnais if he's the salary dump in the deal. Sutter for one of their top prospects and DD, I would consider. Desharnais is a very creative little player. And he plays with a lot of moxie, too. BUT, he makes us smaller and that's not good. So the downgrade at center would need to be countered with a TOP prospect coming our way.

Like a Scherbak, basically.

Eller I do not want at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were interested in a right-handed center, but they would need to have one of DD or Eller coming back. I don't want Eller, and DD has another 2 years at $3.5 million. He's not really ideal for the 3C either and can't really play wing, so where do the Pens put him for 2 years?

The prospect coming back would need to be really good.

penguins2946*

Didn't you throw in the towel yesterday already anyway? :laugh:

Yeah I threw it in after the Rangers got Yandle. It's just getting worse now. I thought we might be able to squeak through in the Atlantic by getting a wild card spot, but I don't see that happening now.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
You bring up the "country club atmosphere" ********, and then challenge someone to make better arguments.

Eberle is not the right type of winger for either Crosby or Malkin.

Eberle does not make up for Kunitz's production, Adams back in the line-up, and Spaling or Winnik at 3C - a position that neither have played consistently.

Moving Kunitz and Sutter for Eberle likely disrupts the locker room.

Trades for Eberle and then a bottom 6 winger to replace Adams (using what assets?) is a lot of moving parts.

EDM is not going to trade Eberle.

Nicely done.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
He's the closest thing we got to a Staal. He's great at face-offs which is huge come playoff time. He can PK. He does all the little things that matter. Plugging Spaling in will be a downgrade and will bring Adams back in the lineup somehow.

Wouldn't be that big of a downgrade, and trading Sutter would either bring back a roster player, or the picks gotten for him would help bring in another, so I wouldn't worry too much about Adams.

The only thing Sutter does that I'd miss would be faceoffs, but that's offset by how much he lacks in other areas (playmaking, physicality, possession black hole, etc).

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
Yeah I threw it in after the Rangers got Yandle. It's just getting worse now. I thought we might be able to squeak through in the Atlantic by getting a wild card spot, but I don't see that happening now.

Okay, so why don't you just relax a little then? ;)
No need to get riled up, the season is lost anyway. Just sit back and enjoy.

robopigeon

Dec 9, 2013
Then again, the Habs D was already good, Petry changes nothing there, their problem is the offense. As for Coburn, he is extremely overrated. Even if he helps Tampa, it´s not the end of the world for us as there are worse matchups than them in the Atlantic for us. If we make it out of the Metro somehow and face Tampa somehow, I´m a happy camper. Coburn doesn´t change that much.

There's always great trades at the TDL, but it's mostly Shiny New Toy syndrome. Somehow, on this one day only, an above average playoff team becomes world beaters with a nothing-great, everything-ok middle pairing defenseman. Shero was all about winning the TDL, every year, because he had no idea what kind of roster to construct so he went out and got the shiniest toys available. Old Man Winter's had a plan since this summer, and he's been methodically trading all year to get there. Now we're at the TDL, and we probably won't get any shiny new toys... because we already did. If we traded for Horny, Perron, Lappy, etc today, HF boards would lose their ****, saying we're the class of the East, nearly unbeatable. But since we made those trades earlier in the year, it's old and boring, and we'll never be able to compete with ****ing Coburn and whoever else.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
the people on the Sutter bandwagon are really banking on a 13-game sample size trumping a 160-game sample size.

I know which one I'll trust.

YinzAintBurgh*

Oh boo hoo, seriously. This locker room hasn't accomplished **** in over 5 years now. Maybe they need something to disrupt the locker room. Were you saying this about the Neal deal last year?

You realize that they already did that by trading Neal and firing their coach? Geez. Give them a chance(one time in the playoffs) before you are ready to blow the locker room up.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

This gives me the context I needed for why you'd trade 2 top 9 forwards for Eberle. You don't think the Penguins can contend this year. I disagree.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I certainly don't think the room is fixed just because we won three games, recently.

Again, if Adams is going to be sitting (and we ALL hope this is the case, FINALLY), then maybe it's better to move him out today.

On reputation alone, we MIGHT be able to get a fairly decent pick for Adams to one of those bubble playoff teams who are young and think they need more leadership.

That, or maybe a desperate team.

YinzAintBurgh*

Wouldn't be that big of a downgrade, and trading Sutter would either bring back a roster player, or the picks gotten for him would help bring in another, so I wouldn't worry too much about Adams.

The only thing Sutter does that I'd miss would be faceoffs, but that's offset by how much he lacks in other areas (playmaking, physicality, possession black hole, etc).

He made a great play last night... Won the face-off. They dumped the puck in and he went behind the net and gained possession and passed it to Winnik then to Downie then goal. That was all Sutter and one of the only non fluke goals they scored last night besides Malkins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad