GDT: NHL Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
the people on the Sutter bandwagon are really banking on a 13-game sample size trumping a 160-game sample size.

I know which one I'll trust.

If he's playing well now, he'd be doing the Pens a favor if we can sell him now.

But JR loves him. I am convinced.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
I certainly don't think the room is fixed just because we won three games, recently.

Again, if Adams is going to be sitting (and we ALL hope this is the case, FINALLY), then maybe it's better to move him out today.

On reputation alone, we MIGHT be able to get a fairly decent pick for Adams to one of those bubble playoff teams who are young and think they need more leadership.

That, or maybe a desperate team.

This might be the biggest dream on TDL day - moving Adams.

You keep the faith.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Yeah I threw it in after the Rangers got Yandle. It's just getting worse now. I thought we might be able to squeak through in the Atlantic by getting a wild card spot, but I don't see that happening now.
You are overreacting. Trades are nice and all, but there are so many facotrs in the playoffs series, like bounces, momentum, officiating, getting red-hot, goaltending etc.. Anything can happen.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
the people on the Sutter bandwagon are really banking on a 13-game sample size trumping a 160-game sample size.

I know which one I'll trust.

Personally, I'm not on any Sutter bandwagon, but I think this team NEEDS him playing well to compete. I also don't think it's smart to subtract him and Kunitz for Eberle (if that is even remotely possible) heading into the playoffs.

If anything, I think there's a Spaling bandwagon all of a sudden.

Miss Ausguins

Needs moar Vodka
Jul 28, 2010
Straya
The FOCAF operation needs to be a success. Don't think I will be awake for much longer. I'm in bed with the iPad at the moment.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
He made a great play last night... Won the face-off. They dumped the puck in and he went behind the net and gained possession and passed it to Winnik then to Downie then goal. That was all Sutter and one of the only non fluke goals they scored last night besides Malkins.

So one play in one game means he's irreplaceable?

Over the whole season, and his whole Pens career, he's been pretty sub-par. Nothing that can't be replaced.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Personally, I'm not on any Sutter bandwagon, but I think this team NEEDS him playing well to compete. I also don't think it's smart to subtract him and Kunitz for Eberle (if that is even remotely possible) heading into the playoffs.

If anything, I think there's a Spaling bandwagon all of a sudden.

Sorry, I don't know who has suggested moving Sutter and Kunitz for Eberle, but i assure you it wasn't me, nor have I been able to read those posts.

I've merely said that Sutter should be moved for an upgrade over Sutter. He's the weak link on this team now. Kunitz is fine with Geno (and I think you can further upgrade that in the off-season) Sutter has to be fixed now.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I honestly don't even know who we would target that wouldn't be a blockbuster (Yandle level) like deal. With that, I don't see any number of valuable assets that we can give up that makes us better overall.

Except Sutter. Sorry you Pro-Sutter guys, but he is irrelevant. If you swapped him out with Spaling the team would not miss a beat. He's not THAT important for us. A top 6 wing would be far more valuable.

BeautiPhil

Toronto Sun Model
Nov 23, 2010
Virginia
I only want Sutter gone this season if we have an unquestionably better 3C coming back in a deal. But I don't see that as possible at this point.

I do however want Sutter demoted to our 4th line so MJ at least makes him accountable for playing so terrible for so long.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Sorry, I don't know who has suggested moving Sutter and Kunitz for Eberle, but i assure you it wasn't more, nor have I been able to read those posts.

I've merely said that Sutter should be moved for an upgrade over Sutter. He's the weak link on this team now. Kunitz is fine with Geno (and I think you can further upgrade that in the off-season) Sutter has to be fixed now.

I agree with you and I'd definitely pay for a Sutter upgrade. Also agree on Kunitz being fine with Geno until the off season.

You are smart.

rightwinglock

Feb 9, 2015
Messing with the team dynamic right now could be a problem, even to the tune that I'm on the fence about trading Kunitz. Having said that, with prices this high JR should really see if there's something for Sutter. Spaling can center the 3rd line just fine, and although unpopular, if Perron and Crosby struggle, Perron can slide down to the 2nd line with Geno or to the 3rd alongside Spaling. Perron - Spaling - Bennet, albeit small sample size, showcased great chemistry in the Winnipeg game.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
It's hilarious that you're acting like there isn't a country club atmosphere on this team. It's so blatantly obvious to anyone who watches the team and anyone who watches how they operate.

And your support for this is...

Spaling at 3C isn't a downgrade from Sutter, and he has played a ton of center over the years. You're viciously underrating Eberle, it's actually kinda funny. You really wouldn't trade for a long term top-6 option because it puts Adams in on the 4th line?

Oh boo hoo, seriously. This locker room hasn't accomplished **** in over 5 years now. Maybe they need something to disrupt the locker room. Were you saying this about the Neal deal last year?

You also fail to address that EDM isn't going to make this deal.

Country club atmosphere seems to be some kind of code for something, but it is a meaningless phrase that doesn't specify anything about the locker room or organization.

Have you ever been to a country club?

Does it mean that there is a service person in the bathrooms?

Do they greet people by first name?

What the **** does it actually mean?

Also where is your support and evidence for this?

Malkin and Crosby tend to do better with players who work the dirty areas and/or soft spots well. Eberle may do the soft spots but certainly not the dirty areas. Both do better with players that have good off-puck movement and support. Not impressed with Eberle away from the puck.

Spaling has not consistently played center.

I am also not downrating Eberle. Eberle cannot make up Kunitz's production and the downgrade on the fourth line with Adams in. Last night the Pens essentially had two first lines and two third lines. With Adams and Lapierre, the bottom line is instantly back into bad fourth line territory.

Neal deal happened in the off-season. It is not even comparable.

The idea that somehow it's the locker room's fault for the Pens post-season is interesting. I think bad coaching, injuries, bad luck, and individual errors play a larger role.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
The return for Coburn is just insane. Gudas OR a 1st would've been overpayment.

AR5

Mar 7, 2014

What is he talking about, inconsistency?

IceCapp got his "Pens dislike Despres" confirmed.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Messing with the team dynamic right now could be a problem, even to the tune that I'm on the fence about trading Kunitz. Having said that, with prices this high JR should really see if there's something for Sutter. Spaling can center the 3rd line just fine, and although unpopular, if Perron and Crosby struggle, Perron can slide down to the 2nd line with Geno or to the 3rd alongside Spaling. Perron - Spaling - Bennet, albeit small sample size, showcased great chemistry in the Winnipeg game.

The team dynamic? OK great we beat Washington recently. We also lost to Washington recently. It's great we beat Columbus. We also lost to Columbus recently.

We need to look at the bigger picture here.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
The return for Coburn is just insane. Gudas OR a 1st would've been overpayment.

Agreed. It's a pretty big gamble by Tampa. Just seems odd since they are so early in their contending window but I guess they figured they have enough prospects to compete long term so might as well go for it this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad