GDT: NHL Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
Yeah, and I thought that Yzerman was smart.. Btw.. 1st would be an overpayment. Gudas is not that good, but still, it´s insane.

Maybe they really want Coburn for next year at a locked in price instead of having to worry about free agency?

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I'll take Despres' inconsistency over any other defensemen on the market's consistency.

For sure. If we can get Despres AND Pouliot consistent spots in the playoff lineup, that will go a long way to making this team feel comfortable moving on from Ehrhoff and/or Martin. This will free up a lot of cap space to upgrade the team up front.

YinzAintBurgh*

So one play in one game means he's irreplaceable?

Over the whole season, and his whole Pens career, he's been pretty sub-par. Nothing that can't be replaced.

No, just a prime example. I didn't see anybody talking about it on here and it was one of the best goals last night minus Malkins.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Is changing our 3rd line center from Sutter to Spaling a downgrade? Yes.

Is it that much of a downgrade that it outweighs the positive of the cap space saved? No.

I just hope that Adams stays out of the lineup.

And I'm disappointed that IcedCapp didn't make this thread. Who am I going to make fun of now?

CrosbytoKessel

Jan 8, 2015
Sorry guys. I just saw a thread on the main board that said "confirmed with link: Zybnek to the blues" guess not though. Really sorry about that. Haha now I feel like an idiot

penguins2946*

What is he talking about, inconsistency?

IceCapp got his "Pens dislike Despres" confirmed.

The Pens media makes it seem like Despres can't even tie his skates.

You also fail to address that EDM isn't going to make this deal.

Uh false, I have addressed that already.

Also where is your support and evidence for this?

Well, the team seems incapable of hurting the feelings of their veterans and always scapegoat the young players. That's a pretty glaring one.

Malkin and Crosby tend to do better with players who work the dirty areas and/or soft spots well. Eberle may do the soft spots but certainly not the dirty areas. Both do better with players that have good off-puck movement and support. Not impressed with Eberle away from the puck.

They work best with those players because that is the only type of player they have ever played with. Sid or Geno has never played with a winger like Eberle. Not once. There is nothing that suggests that Eberle with Crosby/Malkin wouldn't work. Eberle is insanely skilled, even if he doesn't mesh with Crosby or Malkin immediately, that line will still produce.

Spaling has not consistently played center.

But he can. You're forgetting that. Every time Spaling has played center, he has looked solid.

I am also not downrating Eberle. Eberle cannot make up Kunitz's production and the downgrade on the fourth line with Adams in. Last night the Pens essentially had two first lines and two third lines. With Adams and Lapierre, the bottom line is instantly back into bad fourth line territory.

This is the first time I've ever read on this site that they wouldn't make a trade to improve the bottom-6 because it makes the 4th line weaker. Our bottom-6 will still be solid with Adams in it. Will it be as good as it was yesterday? Of course not, but it's not like our 4th line will be Glass-Adams-Kobasew. There will be at least 2 good players on the 3rd line, and it doesn't erase the chance of another deal being made.

Neal deal happened in the off-season. It is not even comparable.

How is that relevant at all if you're concerned with hurting the chemistry of the team? Neal was a huge part of our team in the past.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Sorry guys. I just saw a thread on the main board that said "confirmed with link: Zybnek to the blues" guess not though. Really sorry about that

It's ok. Just for future reference, you have to post a link if you're going to say a trade has happened.

robopigeon

Dec 9, 2013
They want a top six fwd back.

If only the Pens had a guy they could move.... hmmmm...

Maaaan Kunitz for Williams? All day every day. Williams is slightly overrated, but he'd still be money with Malkin in the playoffs. Atleast he's a gamer.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
You know how Despres goes from inconsistent to consistent? It's NOT by replacing him down the stretch, that's for bloody sure! It's also not by reducing his minutes now. Show him some love, instead.

Or maybe trade/bench his D partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad