Roster Building XXII: Too Many Forwards, Hopefully One Cup

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Questioning Guenztal’s mental state because he didn’t sign with the team is a WILD take.
I wasn't questioning his mental state, I was saying he didn't really want to stay. If the reason he decided to leave is because they waited to meet his contract demands instead of meeting them up front then yes I would in fact question his mental state. I dont think he ever really wanted to stay.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I wasn't questioning his mental state, I was saying he didn't really want to stay. If the reason he decided to leave is because they waited to meet his contract demands instead of meeting them up front then yes I would in fact question his mental state. I dont think he ever really wanted to stay.

So despite the fact that all indications at the time were that he wanted to stay, the organization worked to sign him under the understanding that he wanted to stay (even losing the chance to sign other upcoming UFAs in the process), he himself said he wanted to stay and his agent also believed he was going to stay, you're going with "He never wanted to stay"

And that's more believable to you than "The organization that's known to be difficult to negotiate with was difficult to negotiate with and that negotiation dragged on long enough that other options became available for Guentzel."?

Alright, like I said, more power to you.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
So despite the fact that all indications at the time were that he wanted to stay, the organization worked to sign him under the understanding that he wanted to stay (even losing the chance to sign other upcoming UFAs in the process), he himself said he wanted to stay and his agent also believed he was going to stay, you're going with "He never wanted to stay"

And that's more believable to you than "The organization that's known to be difficult to negotiate with was difficult to negotiate with and that negotiation dragged on long enough that other options became available for Guentzel."?

Alright, like I said, more power to you.

So your take is that despite how badly this man wanted to stay a Cane that he acted like a petulant child and left because they started negotiating on the low side and didn't meet his demands until late?
If thats the case and thats how a 30ish old man acts than the locker room is better off without him.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
It's possible that the decision came town to taxes. Both teams may have made the same offer, but playing in FL vs NC meant taking home more money.
I figured the cost of living would balance out the taxes but I was way wrong. The cost of living in Tampa is actually a little lower than Raleigh. That kinda surprised me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad