GDT: NHL Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
Pens trade Sutter, Kunitz and Harrington
Oilers trade Eberle

That was easy.

I don't think trading two roster players and having Adams back in the line-up plus pushing one of Spaling or Winnik who have not spent consistent time at C to 3C makes the Pens better especially for Eberle.

Plus there is no way EDM trades Eberle.

steelcity24

Jan 31, 2011
Would be a huge downgrade. You going from a solid #2 to a bottom pairing D. I doubt very much Martin is included in that conversation.

I doubt it as well, but i suggest you take a look at Russells stats on the season. He is better than Martin this year in almost every category im pretty positive.

penguins2946*

Or just ignore the second half of the post..

And who was saying we would be trading for a rental? No one said that.

I don't think trading two roster players and having Adams back in the line-up plus pushing one of Spaling or Winnik who have not spent consistent time at C to 3C makes the Pens better especially for Eberle.

Yes it does. You obviously have no idea how good Eberle is. Sutter to Spaling at 3C isn't a downgrade at all, and Kunitz to Eberle is a huge upgrade. It also clears up over a million in cap space.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Pretty much this.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Another east contender gets stronger. It seems like the Habs, Rangers and Bolts are in a class of their own in the East. I'm surprised with how quiet the Islanders have been, I would imagine they would try and make a move for a veteran.
This is BS. We can match the Habs and the Bolts easily. We got our acquisitions earlier, too. The Rangers are the team to beat, sure, but let´s not overreact when every Eastern team makes a trade. That was to be expected.

penguins2946*

I think it's certainly open for debate. That trade leaves us with a weaker bottom 6 this season.

The Pens bottom-6 would (or should) be:

Winnik-Spaling-Bennett
Adams-Lapierre-Downie

We also gain $1.15 million in cap space, which we could use to bring in a 4th line forward if we want to. That also completely ignores how huge of an upgrade Kunitz to Eberle is.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Yes it does. You obviously have no idea how good Eberle is. Sutter to Spaling at 3C isn't a downgrade at all, and Kunitz to Eberle is a huge upgrade. It also clears up over a million in cap space.

Sutter to Spaling IS a downgrade and it's not just that, you are then replacing Spaling on the 4th line with Adams.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Would only want Russell if Bortuzzo is going in a 1/1 but I don't really want him that much.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
And who was saying we would be trading for a rental? No one said that.

I know exactly how good Eberle is, but putting Adams back in the line up immediately pushes the Pens back to three lines.

Eberle is not good enough to make up for losing Kunitz (who in spite of everyone's complaining is still producing) and having Adams in the line up.

It also forces two players who have not consistently played center in to the center position.

penguins2946*

This is BS. We can match the Habs and the Bolts easily. We got our acquisitions earlier, too. The Rangers are the team to beat, sure, but let´s not overreact when every Eastern team makes a trade. That was to be expected.

We were pretty even with the Habs and Bolts before their 2 trades. Now, with Tampa adding Coburn (which is a huge addition IMO) and the Habs adding Petry (much smaller than Coburn), I really don't think we could match up with them.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
Extremely vague, but might as well pass it along. From Colligan:

The Penguins were considering at least one significant trade this weekend that involved multiple roster players. One factor Rutherford has to consider is the impact a potential blockbuster would have on the psyche of the team with just 20 games left in the season.

Which roster player is most likely to move?

I’ve received this question a lot over the past week.

Here’s my Top 10 list (including all players who have appeared at the NHL level this season):

Beau Bennett
Brian Dumoulin
Robert Bortuzzo
Craig Adams
Chris Kunitz
Steve Downie
Simon Despres
Scott Harrington
Brandon Sutter
Nick Spaling

http://www.colliganhockey.com/5-questions-penguins-trade-deadline-moves/

AR5

Mar 7, 2014
Still haven't received a PM for the TSN link. =(

Anyone? Please?

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
The Pens hopes of taking a powerhouse roster into the postseason died when Maatta went out for the year. As of now the roster in pretty good shape. If Sid and Geno continue to play up to snuff and the supporting cast carries its weight (looking at you, Sutter) they're much better prepared for the playoffs than they were last year, regardless of who they face. The Rangers do look very tough, though.

penguins2946*

Sutter to Spaling IS a downgrade and it's not just that, you are then replacing Spaling on the 4th line with Adams.

If you're basing this on their play this year, that is entirely false. And again, it leaves us with an extra million or so in cap space.

I know exactly how good Eberle is, but putting Adams back in the line up immediately pushes the Pens back to three lines.

Eberle is not good enough to make up for losing Kunitz (who in spite of everyone's complaining is still producing) and having Adams in the line up.

It also forces two players who have not consistently played center in to the center position.

Again, we also have an extra million or so if having Adams in the roster is that big of an issue. People complain about us not having any top-6 wingers for Crosby and Malkin, but as soon as someone suggests one while only giving up spare parts, people say no? That makes no sense. Eberle on the 2nd line more than negates losing Kunitz and having Adams in the lineup. It's not even close.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
The Pens bottom-6 would (or should) be:

Winnik-Spaling-Bennett
Adams-Lapierre-Downie

We also gain $1.15 million in cap space, which we could use to bring in a 4th line forward if we want to. That also completely ignores how huge of an upgrade Kunitz to Eberle is.

Like I said, it's a trade I'd consider in the off season, but I'm not doing it now. I don't really believe Eberle is what Geno needs. I'd rather go after a different type of winger (a younger Kunitz type).

Also, team chemistry is important. Like it or not, Sutter and Kunitz are a part of this team. The Pens are on a 4 game winning streak and have righted the ship after the org called them out. How do you think the players would react to that if on deadline day you traded 2 of their top 9 players for Eberle? I just don't think it's quite as easy as you make it seem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad