GDT: NHL Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

steelcity24

Jan 31, 2011
Id love if we could work a deal sending the flames Martin for Russell. Would be a slight downgrade but Russell is a great shot blocker with ok offensive instincts. It would ulltimately free up a couple million in cap space to work out another deal.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
CGY is still in a playoff spot. They may not have much of a chance with Gio out, but I can't imagine they wouldn't make the Pens pay out through the nose for a roster defenseman who honestly I've never really heard about or noticed before. I don't consider that a good thing.

Not interested in moving any of the Pens roster defenseman for Russell (except maybe Bortuzzo)

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
As dumb as reacquiring Engelland would be, and it would be super dumb, it would be just as dumb to acquire the diminutive Russell.

And Calgary's contending so if they're moving out a top four blueliner, you know it's for a big price.

We need to stay the hell away from this whole idea.

dbeats

Aint No Stoppin Us
Jan 16, 2013
Rochester, NY
Show me a Kunitz deal that makes us better.

This was what I was about to say exactly. Even if you purely dump Kunitz for salary relief, how would we get a top6 winger without giving up one of the top D prospects? I don't want to do that unless it's for someone other than a rental.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Yup, was just about to post this.

I really hope its not a deal for the sake of a deal, especially for a depth dman. What depth dman can we bring it at a reasonable price that is so much better than Bortuzzo, Dumoulin, Harrington to justify the price?

Healthy:

Letang-Martin
Ehrhoff-Pouliot/Bortuzzo
Scuderi-Despres
Bortz/Pouliot/Harrington/Dumo

We are relatively deep all things considered. They should have been rotating Bortuzzo, Pouliot, Harrington, and Dumoulin this entire time to get them experience.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Wxd0Vc6.png

SportsNet hard at work, as usual.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
Id love if we could work a deal sending the flames Martin for Russell. Would be a slight downgrade but Russell is a great shot blocker with ok offensive instincts. It would ulltimately free up a couple million in cap space to work out another deal.

Would be a huge downgrade. You going from a solid #2 to a bottom pairing D. I doubt very much Martin is included in that conversation.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Russell's a good defenseman (and more well-rounded than he's given credit for...the guy leads the NHL in blocks), but not really what we need.

penguins2946*

This was what I was about to say exactly. Even if you purely dump Kunitz for salary relief, how would we get a top6 winger without giving up one of the top D prospects? I don't want to do that unless it's for someone other than a rental.

For a top-6 winger, those D prospects wouldn't be off limits.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Pens trade Sutter, Kunitz and Harrington
Oilers trade Eberle

That was easy.

:laugh: I wouldn't do that trade. In the off season? Maybe, but not now. That does NOT make us a better team heading into the playoffs and giving up Harrington is not something I'm eager to do.

penguins2946*

:laugh: I wouldn't do that trade. In the off season? Maybe, but not now. That does NOT make us a better team heading into the playoffs and giving up Harrington is not something I'm eager to do.

Well that's downright false. I don't even know what to say about that.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Kris Russel? Hell no. That's an awful idea. He's a bottom pairing-quality defenseman making too much money...and we already have one of those.

Russell is a middle-pair guy by any standard, and a pretty good one. But again, don't really think his positives are what we need most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad