GDT: NHL 24 Draft Combine June 3-8 NOT the trade, roster or KK thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Size does matter but for forwards it should be way down the list;

1: IQ
2: vision
3: speed
4: character and self discipline
5: shot
6: hands
7: size

Put the size at 4th 5th or whatever but it's not normal to put focus almost all on that.

I dont know..maybe people are lazy and they are looking at the height and weight and they make their jugement just like that when analyzing IQ request more observation and time.

Looking at speed and size is so easy but when you have to watch sauce passes to empty spaces, cut at the blue line to feed the 4th man coming in the zone etc...analyzing zone entrance variations...it is another ball game.
You should offer your scouting services to NHL teams.

Ya I feel like he may go 3 or 4.
I’ve always thought he would go before Demidov. We’ll see.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Yes. Because Catton will develop into a better player. In the short term, I also believe that even this summer you could potentially get a better goalscorer like Marchessault, Reinhart, Guentzel or Stamkos as a free agent than Caufield was last year.
You're like Peter when he gets offered either a boat or the mystery box and he says "The boat is just a boat but the box could be anything Lois! It could even be a boat!"

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
September 15 usually, aka training camp approximately.
Yeah my ole man started me two years earlier than the norm because my birthday was just before the cutoff.
I played four years of Atom. :laugh:

I barely touched the puck for the first two.
It did prepare me to be able to go head to head with Kids who were up to a full year ahead of me.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
I warned you suckers back in January they weren't going to be interested in Catton to save you from the disappointment.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
You're like Peter when he gets offered either a boat or the mystery box and he says "The boat is just a boat but the box could be anything Lois! It could even be a boat!"
Yes, nice comparable. As if you think just saving almost of 8M on Caufield contract + getting more assets as not valuable. The issue is that you do not believe in Catton's potential and/or the Habs using smartly the cap space made available to get better replacement.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
I warned you suckers back in January they weren't going to be interested in Catton to save you from the disappointment.
If Caufield gets in the way of Michkov and then Demidov/Catton he better be more than what he’s shown so far

I say this as a big fan of Caufield’s potential and someone who has his jersey

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Hope you are right. But the team is certainly putting up a smokescreen if that is the plan.

I suspect it's going to be one of the most interesting drafts in recent memory, with a high likelihood of a few blockbuster type trades.

I wouldn't be surprised to see KH involved, possibly even with the 5OA involved (be it moving up, down or for established elite talent).

The nice thing now is that "expect the unexpected" is no longer a cringe-worthy idea given we have competent management driving the bus.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Yes, nice comparable. As if you think just saving almost of 8M on Caufield contract + getting more assets as not valuable. The issue is that you do not believe in Catton's potential and/or the Habs using smartly the cap space made available to get better replacement.
You're acting like Catton is a surefire first line 30 goal scorer when he hasn't played a single game in the NHL. How do you think Suzuki will feel when part of the core they are building to start competing for a cup gets traded away for a bunch of prospects? You've got a bad case of "shiney new toy" syndrome.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I want to know all the animals the players picked to represent themselves
Yeah I want to know who claimed to be a Tasmanian Devil.

1717873277249.jpeg

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
Hopefully Montreal can convince Chicago to trade their 2nd overall for Suzuki. I mean, not only are you saving almost 8m on Suzuki contract + getting more assets as not valuable. The issue is that you do not believe in Demidov's potential and/or the Habs using smartly the cap space made available to get better replacement.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
You're acting like Catton is a surefire first line 30 goal scorer when he hasn't played a single game in the NHL. How do you think Suzuki will feel when part of the core they are building to start competing for a cup gets traded away for a bunch of prospects? You've got a bad case of "shiney new toy" syndrome.
Because I believe in what I see and evaluate in young undrafted players, Catton is a special talent, I would not do that trade if I had not that belief in him, also Suzuki is not equal to Caufield, way more valuable as a player and also locked long term, what do you think he will do? Cry about it? Finally, it's not like you just save the money from Caufield contract and do nothing about it. You get other free agent players which are very rich this summer for... specifically that goal scorer. You think Suzuki for instance would be sad to play with Stamkos instead of Caufield next year?

Last edited:
Reactions: crosbyshow

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Hopefully Montreal can convince Chicago to trade their 2nd overall for Suzuki. I mean, not only are you saving almost 8m on Suzuki contract + getting more assets as not valuable. The issue is that you do not believe in Demidov's potential and/or the Habs using smartly the cap space made available to get better replacement.
Not everything is equal, everybody attacking me like if I want to trade all our established players. Hell no. Suzuki is untouchable and part of the core, Caufield can be be improved and goal scoring wingers are easier to attain, just take 5 seconds to look at the players available through free agency this summer. As I have already said 3 times now, the only reasons I would consider this is for Catton and also getting a legit goal scorer in free agency. If these two conditions are not there, I would never consider it.

Going with your logic, yes I would consider trading Suzuki but not for 2nd overall, only 1st overall would be acceptable because I believe Macklin Celebrini is in a different level than Nick Suzuki (but we all we know San Jose will not entertain that thought for good reasons)

Last edited:

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Not everything is equal, everybody attacking me like if I want to trade all our established players. Hell no. Suzuki is untouchable and part of the core, Caufield can be be improved and goal scoring wingers are easier to attain, just take 5 seconds to look at the players available through free agency this summer. As I have already said 3 times now, the only reasons I would consider this is for Catton and also getting a legit goal scorer in free agency. If these two conditions are not there, I would never consider it.

look at caufield's smile. you can't trade him. nobody has smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad