GDT: NHL 24 Draft Combine June 3-8 NOT the trade, roster or KK thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Think about that...we never hear people saying..: we should draft a forward at 6.4 instead that the one at 6.3...right.

But almost everybody says that we should draft the one at 6.0 instead that the one at 5.11.

Scouts and hockey fans in vast majority are dumb as a rock..

So frustrating to read comments when maybe 80% of them are about size ...

One inch of height difference matters more for shorter players than taller ones, though I agree that 6'0 vs 5'11 isn't a big deal.

And you can think it's dumb and insult whoever you want, but size DOES matter at the NHL level.

At a basic level if it didn't matter at all, the average size of NHL players would be ~3 inches shorter in line with averages. I think it matters more for Dmen than forwards, but it still matters everywhere.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
One inch of height difference matters more for shorter players than taller ones, though I agree that 6'0 vs 5'11 isn't a big deal.

And you can think it's dumb and insult whoever you want, but size DOES matter at the NHL level.

At a basic level if it didn't matter at all, the average size of NHL players would be ~3 inches shorter in line with averages. I think it matters more for Dmen than forwards, but it still matters everywhere.
Size does matter but for forwards it should be way down the list;

1: IQ
2: vision
3: speed
4: character and self discipline
5: shot
6: hands
7: size

Put the size at 4th 5th or whatever but it's not normal to put focus almost all on that.

I dont know..maybe people are lazy and they are looking at the height and weight and they make their jugement just like that when analyzing IQ request more observation and time.

Looking at speed and size is so easy but when you have to watch sauce passes to empty spaces, cut at the blue line to feed the 4th man coming in the zone etc...analyzing zone entrance variations...it is another ball game.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
After the combine, there’s a real possibility that Lindstrom will be higher than Demidov in there ranking and i’m all for it. Whenyou add everything to rank players beside skills, Lindstrom has the advantage.

-Multiple live viewing.
-Multiple conversation during the year
-2 dinners with Habs scouts during the year
-Another diner this week with HuGo and Bobvov
-Center
-Size, Skill, toughness and speed combo
-Have a inside source with Gallagher’s dad to know his background

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
After the combine, there’s a real possibility that Lindstrom will be higher than Demidov in there ranking and i’m all for it. Whenyou add everything to rank players beside skills, Lindstrom has the advantage.

-Multiple live viewing.
-Center
Ya I feel like he may go 3 or 4.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013

-Multiple live viewing.
-Center
Wouldn't be shocked

There's always a huge ask on big centers, won't be shocked if he goes top 4

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.