GDT: NHL 24 Draft Combine June 3-8 NOT the trade, roster or KK thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
That big Swedish dman that the Habs showed interest in would be worth a shot if it's the 3rd, or later, but I just saw he's listed at 55 on Bob's list previously. Be interesting to see if he moves up

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
The quotes from several NHL scouts don't qualify as enough "buzz" to you?

Curious to what kind of "buzz" you are otherwise referring to :dunno:
It’s a 2 month old video for starters.
Anyways, we can wait and see but my offer stands cause imo it’s pretty clear nobody is taking him top 5.

The buzz I'm referring to is at this time of year, beat reporters, tweets, podcasts, and people that do mocks like Pronman, start getting a sense of who each team is targeting and you don't hear about Catton in the top 5. You hear about the 3 big Dmen, Lindstrom, Demidov and a little bit of Iggy/Sennecke.

On top of that, when teams 'reach' it is usually for positional need like a big C or D but not a likely small future winger.

I like Catton and won't be mad if we pick him but don't see him going top 5. Maybe top 10 but as Benson and Caufield know, it could be 10-15.

Last edited:

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
I doubt they'd draft based on that degree of specific skill targetting.

By the time whomever they draft is hitting the start of their prime (4+ years), the roster will likely look significantly different.

If they continue their approach, they are going to weigh heavily the intangible side of attitude & personality (fit for market and high coachibility) + versatility, skating & end-to-end ice-tilting impact.

Catton strikes me as checking those boxes as well as anyone in the top 10.

Our 2nd 1st Rd pick, or if we move up, is where I'd see them take more of a reach on a guy with 1-2 specific high end ceiling skill sets but weaker overall floor.

I watched both a few times this year, made the trip to Kelowna and Spokane. Either kid has a great specific set of tools I'm sure any team will be happy with.

Waiting on the Habs to announce their own combine.

Featuring board games, shooting small pucks, staring competitions with in-house psych, gambling thematics and arcade games. Tentatively titled Spirit Animal 2024.

The great Nik Antropov will be the head of activities I bet

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
I take the prospect that says his spirit animal is a hyena. Means the kid is smart

A hyena's heart constitutes about one percent of its body weight, making it twice as large as hearts of similar-sized mammals. This gives them superior endurance during long chases. For comparison, a lion's heart makes up only about . 5 percent of its body weight.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
1 inch shorter than advertised.
Think about that...we never hear people saying..: we should draft a forward at 6.4 instead that the one at 6.3...right.

But almost everybody says that we should draft the one at 6.0 instead that the one at 5.11.

Scouts and hockey fans in vast majority are dumb as a rock..

So frustrating to read comments when maybe 80% of them are about size ...

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
You'd trade Montreal's 2nd highest goal scorer on a team that can barely score goals for a prospect whose never played in the NHL and might not even be top 10pick? You would be fired immediately 😆
Yes. Because Catton will develop into a better player. In the short term, I also believe that even this summer you could potentially get a better goalscorer like Marchessault, Reinhart, Guentzel or Stamkos as a free agent than Caufield was last year.

• Haha
Reactions: Jack Skellington

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Yes. Because Catton will develop into a better player. In the short term, I also believe that even this summer you could potentially get a better goalscorer like Marchessault, Reinhart, Guentzel or Stamkos as a free agent than Caufield was last year.
Marchessault, Catton, Cole, Newhook in the top 6?
That sounds like the Bob Gainey smurf Habs.

Reactions: Habano

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I had to unfollow them for that reason. Brutal
Man I'm at that point.

If I have to hear Matla over-pronounce every syllable or how much Laura “reaaly, really, really” likes a certain player and doesn't want them traded because of it, one more time.

It might be that time for me too

Reactions: Runner77

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Newhook isnt small, doesn't play small. We really need to stop including him when listing small players on the habs
He certainly isn't big, at best he's average. My point is you aren't winning anything with that kind of team structure. If you have a bunch of beasts you can insert one or 2 small guys but we are already undersized as it is.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Marchessault, Catton, Cole, Newhook in the top 6?
That sounds like the Bob Gainey smurf Habs.
Wtf are you waffling about? I specifically said replacing Caufield with Catton + Free agent like Marchessault how in hell you still keep Cole in there. Not going to mention that Newhook is most likely not a top 6.

On a sidenote, seeing you seem to love size so much, I assume you would prefer a top 6 that includes Anderson, Armia, Kotkaniemi and Pearson.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Wtf are you waffling about? I specifically said replacing Caufield with Catton + Free agent how in hell you still keep Cole in there. Not going to mention that Newhook is not a top 6.

On a sidenote, seeing you seem to love size so much, I assume you would prefer a top 6 that includes Anderson, Armia, Kotkaniemi and Pearson.
lol
200w.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad