GDT: NHL 24 Draft Combine June 3-8 NOT the trade, roster or KK thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
That's cool, everyone has their favorites.
I don't like when people are delusional to think they know more than a whole professional team of scouts tho, who have more info than we do...but that's just me.
(btw I like Catton but more around 6-10)
We can revisit in 5 years.
For what it's worth:

1-Celebrini

2-Demidov
3-Dickinson

4-Catton
5-Buium
6-Sennecke
7-Levshunov

8-Iginla
9-Lindstrom

10-Connelly
11-Silayev

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Timmins had to excuse himself to his room for 5 minutes after watching Beaudoin.

I wouldn’t say it’s a Russian factor of coming over, it’s the old school thinking of Russians not wanting it as much as Canadians. I think it’s engrained in these old white men.

It could be. But they made exceptions for Ovechkon and Malkin. But those were exceptional cases.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
I think Dickinson is a heck of a homerun at #5, simply cant go wrong. By drafting him at #5 it locks up our left side, with a need to make a trade (for a forward) with one of our other LHDs.

Dickinson - Reinbacher
Guhle - Mailloux
Hutson - Xhekaj

Trade bait:
Struble / Harris / Barron / Norlinder / Savard (TDL) / Matheson (off season)

(wow). give me the biggest/baddest/meanest young D corps in the league, for years to come. a D corps like this will help Forwards score more (points), and will help our Goalies improve their metrics, which also helps to improve trade capital, asset management...

Last edited:

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
I think Dickinson is a heck of a homerun at #5, simply cant go wrong. By drafting him at #5 it locks up our left side, with a need to make a trade (for a forward) with one of our other LHDs.

Dickinson - Reinbacher
Guhle - Mailloux
Hutson - Xhekaj

Trade bait:

(wow).
Dickinson is very attractive, I think he won’t make it past 3… but if he’s there we have to take him. It gets resolved easily: immediately make a trade involving Guhle for Necas or Zegras. Then, later this season or next off-season trade Matheson when Hutson is ready for prime time.

Massive improvement to the roster.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
For what it's worth:

1-Celebrini

2-Demidov
3-Dickinson

4-Catton
5-Buium
6-Sennecke
7-Levshunov

8-Iginla
9-Lindstrom

10-Connelly
11-Silayev
I'd be happy if Hugo can trade their WPG pick ++ up to nab Connelly at around 15.. Yeah he has some warts on his past, but nothing a positive environment can't change.. Hell, we've already gone through the ringer with Mailloux, and quite frankly this may take some of the "spotlight" off of Mailloux's past aswell. they can share the burden (of annoying media questions) together.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017

Dickinson - Reinbacher
Guhle - Mailloux
Hutson - Xhekaj

Trade bait:

(wow). give me the biggest/baddest/meanest young D corps in the league, for years to come. a D corps like this will help Forwards score more (points), and will help our Goalies improve their metrics, which also helps to improve trade capital, asset management...
Agree.
Same D lineup I posted a few pages back.

Reactions: themilosh

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Dickinson is very attractive, I think he won’t make it past 3… but if he’s there we have to take him. It gets resolved easily: immediately make a trade involving Guhle for Necas or Zegras. Then, later this season or next off-season trade Matheson when Hutson is ready for prime time.

Massive improvement to the roster.
or - take Levshunov at #5 (if dickinson is picked).. which then means we hold on to Guhle, and Mailloux becomes the trade bait for Zegras, which I would be fine with... I'd prefer keeping Guhle, so either selection is a true winner...

Reactions: ReHabs

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
That's cool, everyone has their favorites.
I don't like when people are delusional to think they know more than a whole professional team of scouts tho, who have more info than we do...but that's just me.
(btw I like Catton but more around 6-10)
We can revisit in 5 years.

Yeah but the same pros told us to draft a guy that rhymes with KnotMiemi and take Nikita Scherbak instead of Pastranak so it's ok to have doubts on these 'scouts' , we all have PTSD
Did we clean house of all our loser scouts???

MeanMugging91

Jan 6, 2016
I just hope either Lindstrom or Demidov is available at 5. Starting to feel uneasy. The draft cant come soon enough

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
This. Dickinson would be miles better than any forward not named Lindstrom or Demidov.

Hughes would then have to trade defense for wingers but it's certainly not the hardest thing to do.

There's a lot of scouting behind the scenes. We don't know how highly they view Sennecke, Catton, Tij, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad