GDT: NHL 24 Draft Combine June 3-8 NOT the trade, roster or KK thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I suspect it's going to be one of the most interesting drafts in recent memory, with a high likelihood of a few blockbuster type trades.

I wouldn't be surprised to see KH involved, possibly even with the 5OA involved (be it moving up, down or for established elite talent).

The nice thing now is that "expect the unexpected" is no longer a cringe-worthy idea given we have competent management driving the bus.
I think trading the 5th is a real possibility that I would absolutely entertain

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
Dickinson is very attractive, I think he won’t make it past 3… but if he’s there we have to take him. It gets resolved easily: immediately make a trade involving Guhle for Necas or Zegras. Then, later this season or next off-season trade Matheson when Hutson is ready for prime time.

Massive improvement to the roster.
Yeah that'd be the thought though I'd aim for a different player, not sure exactly who. I'd assume if a young d-man of Ghule's caliber became available, some names that aren't floated about might suddenly be.

I was going to use the Atheltic's mid-season under 23 rankings to look for ideas, but nearly gouged my eyes out after seeing Kaliyev a whole tier and 17 spots ahead of Ghule. Pronman the conman.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
agreed.. Zegras (alone) is not worth either Guhle or Reinbacher.. why would we trade a legit top 4 D for a decade for a soft(ish) winger who might have attitude problems? no thank you...
Why?
He plays center and has put up 60 points twice already. Our current 2nd line center hasn’t hit 40 yet. Tons of skills if they think there’s development runway left.

I’m not saying I’d make that trade but if they draft Dickinson, they have to do something like it. The perfect player won’t be available.

Reactions: Timelord

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Why?
He plays center and has put up 60 points twice already. Our current 2nd line center hasn’t hit 40 yet. Tons of skills if they think there’s development runway left.

I’m not saying I’d make that trade but if they draft Dickinson, they have to do something like it. The perfect player won’t be available.
Zegras oozes of self-entitled, over privileged, son of Hockey Director at MFF, brat.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
He certainly isn't big, at best he's average. My point is you aren't winning anything with that kind of team structure. If you have a bunch of beasts you can insert one or 2 small guys but we are already undersized as it is.
He’s thick at 200 lbs haha. Same with Suzuki. That isn’t small. You don’t see them
Getting pushed around

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
He certainly isn't big, at best he's average. My point is you aren't winning anything with that kind of team structure. If you have a bunch of beasts you can insert one or 2 small guys but we are already undersized as it is.
The top 6 isn’t small.

Of the 5, with a placeholder for the draft pick, only 1 is undersized (below avg weight of NHL forwards) - Caufield.

What they lack is skill and production. The 2nd line cupboard is bare.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Hugues literally said we were picking a forward , dont even know why we debate on another d-man.

This team has pretty much nothing in the pipeline offensively since they went the popcorn route last draft. What's the point to draft another dman when people barely want to get rid of Savard or Matheson

If we can't make a def from Guhle Hutson Jackeye Mailloux , Reinbacher , Struble and Barron . Then perhaps the problem is somewhere else and not because we don't have enough young dmen in the org.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Hugues literally said we were picking a forward , dont even know why we debate on another d-man.

This team has pretty much nothing in the pipeline offensively since they went the popcorn route last draft. What's the point to draft another dman when people barely want to get rid of Savard or Matheson

We have nothing in the pipeline but the U24 core is strong. We have to add to it tho, drafting a forward at 5 is an obvious add of someone with an awesome profile. (Lindstrom, Demidov, Iginla, Catton)

But, still, a number 1D is a number 1D and drafting a D better than Guhle and Reinbacher would be a massive improvement too.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad