**NHL 15 Thread** Part VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Have they said anything about a code or anything for the new Blues unis? I'm on PS3

Yeah I've been waiting for this as well. Are there any teams that haven't officially revealed new 3rds for this season? Maybe EA is waiting for all jerseys to be revealed before doing the jersey update.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
This game is ****ing brutal. My guys can't intercept one pass, I get a penalty for every poke check or stick lift I do, my offense never goes up the ice, and my AI is ****ing stupid. They move away from the net when I do a cross crease, and if they somehow do stay there, they turn around on their backhand.

I play against people who back up and spam poke check, never get penalties, are always in one-time positions, and all of their passes go right through me. My defense can't even stay in position, his are deflecting passes and laying me out. I can't even put a pass in their general vicinity. To make it even better, they're always losers who spend hundreds of dollars on packs.

Why cause they have good teams?

I have a 5 star team and haven't spent a dime on packs...

It's called working the market and making pucks.

I hate how when I stomp people they ***** through the mic I bought my team just cause there is junk.

And half the superstars barely play better than the normal guys, I love playing the all star lineups those guys usually suck.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
2. Is this next gen? On ps3 every time a player even bumps into the opposing goalie it's an instant goalie interference penalty. Goalies actually abuse it by running 'into' players on purpose and drawing penalties.

3. Didn't even know this was an option. I've played OTP/EASHL for almost a month now and I don't think I've changed once :laugh:

4. Have never experienced this. The only time this has happened to me was when it's a fighting major and you have to wait for the whistle as per the rules. Having that for a minor penalty is ridiculous you're right.

I should have mentioned that i am playing on the next gen version. Sorry.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Love when people with absolutely stacked lineups get destroyed then message me saying I suck and don't deserve to win.

Only makes me happy. Go take your mom's credit card and buy another pack to vent out your anger.

Why cause they have good teams?

I have a 5 star team and haven't spent a dime on packs...

It's called working the market and making pucks.

I hate how when I stomp people they ***** through the mic I bought my team just cause there is junk.

And half the superstars barely play better than the normal guys, I love playing the all star lineups those guys usually suck.

There's good teams, and then there are teams where it's just obvious.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
What the **** is wrong with the next gen version of otp? It is complete and utter crap.

There is this other glitch that is happening to me constantly.

There are times during a game where my player can't poke check at all. I push the poke check button, but nothing happens. I also couldn't call for passes at all. I have to wait until a whistle before i am even able to poke check and call for passes again.

cheap77

Go Kings!
Mar 19, 2011
Question time. Hopefully someone with more experience can answer.

These questions are for PS4 NHL 15.

1. How do I do a shot pass?

2. How do I do a one timer slapshot?

3. Can anyone explain strategies and what the players will do with each one and when to use them. Neutral Zone Trap, Aggressive, 1-2-2 red/blue, Overload, Crash the Net... Everything?

4. How do I get my defenseman to enter the rush if they have a chance. Seems like they join the rush and hit the offensive blue line and just stop. Sometimes my forwards do that too.

I think that's it for now.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I actually just got scored on with 0.0 showing on the clock. I don't know if that classifies as a glitch, but wow. Lol

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I just had a goaltender interference call on my player when I scored on the rebound. Literally never touched the goalie the entire sequence. Never even close. I guess I'm not allowed to score rebound goals?

This is the laziest job I've ever seen to make a game difficult. Their only answer is to cheat and adjust the goalies. It does make the games close, but they sure aren't fun.

Gollner*

I just had a goaltender interference call on my player when I scored on the rebound. Literally never touched the goalie the entire sequence. Never even close. I guess I'm not allowed to score rebound goals?

This is the laziest job I've ever seen to make a game difficult. Their only answer is to cheat and adjust the goalies. It does make the games close, but they sure aren't fun.

yeah the refs make some pretty bogus calls in this game. i scored on a clean shot right under the goalies blocker with my guy screening in font.. ref waves it off.. they review it.. no goal.. puck was kicked in lol :handclap:

TopTittie

Jul 26, 2006
What the **** is wrong with the next gen version of otp? It is complete and utter crap.

There is this other glitch that is happening to me constantly.

There are times during a game where my player can't poke check at all. I push the poke check button, but nothing happens. I also couldn't call for passes at all. I have to wait until a whistle before i am even able to poke check and call for passes again.

This is because EA decided to use the same buttons to change strategies. When someone pulls up the strategy box you basically can't play anymore.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Live The Life is ****ing broken in the 360 version of this garbage game, I've had two different save files freeze at the same date of the season EVERY SINGLE TIME. Going to sell this waste of money tomorrow, its a rip off and easily the worst hockey game they've ever produced. How a videogame in which one of the main modes is completely broken made it past the Microsoft/Sony approval process is mind boggling.

**** you EA.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Live The Life is ****ing broken in the 360 version of this garbage game, I've had two different save files freeze at the same date of the season EVERY SINGLE TIME. Going to sell this waste of money tomorrow, its a rip off and easily the worst hockey game they've ever produced. How a videogame in which one of the main modes is completely broken made it past the Microsoft/Sony approval process is mind boggling.

**** you EA.

I see I'm not the only one

15 is trash

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
I have no idea why, but penalties are being really dumb in this game. No matter what I do, I'm getting a penalty for it.

Funny though, guy can hit me before the puck, no interference. I hit a guy from behind, oh that's a game. They do it? Nothing.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Yeah the hitting physicals are out of whack. You can absolutely crust someone and the puck stays at their feet, they get up, dish it, and they score.

Pokechecks and stick lifts do nothing. If you're a dman playing OTP good luck. The only thing you can really depend on is shot blocking.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Really wish I could get my money back for this game.

Every single time I play it I just end up getting infuriated. The game is ****ing dreadful. I'm done with this series. I really hope another company makes a hockey game, this is what happens when an already money-whoring company has no competition, and it's going to keep happening every single year.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

Every single time I play it I just end up getting infuriated. The game is ****ing dreadful. I'm done with this series. I really hope another company makes a hockey game, this is what happens when an already money-whoring company has no competition, and it's going to keep happening every single year.

Feel the same way every time I give it another try. The CPU can hit like a truck, so it's hard to maintain any kind of puck possession even when you try to pass around and protect the puck. Poke checking and stick lifts do nothing without playing around with the sliders. The human goalie still lets in soft goals every game. It's just annoying and unplayable.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City

It's really difficult for me to express just how awful this game is. I invite anyone to look through my post history. I've defended this series consistently over the years but this is, by far, the worst video game purchase I've made in a long, long time. I would feel more satisfied with my purchase if EA had literally just ported NHL 14 to PS4 without making any changes. I really regret buying this as a digital purchase because if I had the disc version I would absolutely trade it in, even if it was only for $5.

I would go into more detail about all the things that make this game horrendous but to do that I'd have to sit here for a few hours writing a long post.

Please, if anyone else out there is even considering buying this game, don't do it. If it's on sale and you figure that you'll just buy it for $30 - don't do it.

Last edited:

dropdeadjoey

Oct 23, 2014
Ontario
Feel the same way every time I give it another try. The CPU can hit like a truck, so it's hard to maintain any kind of puck possession even when you try to pass around and protect the puck. Poke checking and stick lifts do nothing without playing around with the sliders. The human goalie still lets in soft goals every game. It's just annoying and unplayable.

This. I also find it hilarious how the computer goalie will stop almost any one timer I throw at them, because that's one of the few ways to score goals in this game on difficulties that are higher than pro, but the second they send one my goalies way, goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad