**NHL 15 Thread** Part VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cage

Apr 25, 2004
The last hockey game I bought was back in 2006 and man is it different now. Any advice for the best way to learn how to play this game (ie. learn all the controls)? The tutorial wasn't much help at all. Or is it just a matter of playing a game and reading the manual

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
The last hockey game I bought was back in 2006 and man is it different now. Any advice for the best way to learn how to play this game (ie. learn all the controls)? The tutorial wasn't much help at all. Or is it just a matter of playing a game and reading the manual

Tutorial is brutal...just stick to games vs AI, start on the 2nd hardest level right away then work your way up to the hardest...after a few games just start playing people on versus. If you lose the first couple of games (and you very well might) but badly with a big goal differential then maybe go back to AI.

the whole game is about stick control with your right analog and using X (protect puck)...those two things are really OP and can make you glide through the offensive zone like nothing.

WiscoBlues

Feb 1, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
how do they add a bunch of new 3rd jerseys and leave out the Blues uniforms that were unveiled prior to the ones added? :shakehead

and I'm getting pretty fed up with having to change my strategy before every single game...

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Haven't played this game in over a week, can't remember the last time I said that about an NHL game while the season was on.

I cut the game more slack than most but I'm realizing now it's an abysmal failure.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
how do they add a bunch of new 3rd jerseys and leave out the Blues uniforms that were unveiled prior to the ones added? :shakehead

and I'm getting pretty fed up with having to change my strategy before every single game...

They did add the new home and away Jerseys.

SmCurse

Sep 4, 2013
Hi, I bought PS4 and NHL15 yesterday.
Has there been a roster update lately? In NHL14 I had to check and update roster update manually. I tried to check updates put couldn`t find one. Is it automatic in NHL 15? Boychuck should still be with Bruins?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Hi, I bought PS4 and NHL15 yesterday.
Has there been a roster update lately? In NHL14 I had to check and update roster update manually. I tried to check updates put couldn`t find one. Is it automatic in NHL 15? Boychuck should still be with Bruins?

Boychuk should be on the Islanders.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
Can someone help, want to know if i'm the only one having this problem.

When playing online I always edit my lines, when I go to "replace" a player it shows that the replacement has been made but once the game starts, the player is no where to be found and replaced by another player that was always dressed.

For example:

In the old set rosters, Orr was still on the Leafs 4th line, before every game I would replace him with someone scratched (Frattin) but then during the game I noticed Kessel would be double shifting on that 4th line RW spot and no Frattin.

Now in the new roster update I replace Percy with Gardiner, however no Gardiner, Rielly double shifts.

Help?

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Did you scratch/unscratch the players involved? Was this happening all game or just for parts of it. If it's the latter you need to change all your special teams so that they're in synch with the 5on5 lines. You probably did this already but I'm just double checking.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
the OTP patch for next gen is a joke.

No lobbies, just play now which is basically drop-in. No way to play with friends or invite them.

Way to go EA - the most basic and simplest solution to EASHL not being in the game and you can't even make an OTP lobby.

3 pauses at like 45 seconds each per team? Brilliant.

And it freezes between periods.

Fail stacked upon fail and patched with fail.

They should rename it NHFAIL 15

63m9d2Z.jpg

Last edited:

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
So how can I get Draisaitl on my lineup for GM mode? He's available as trade bait for the Oilers but nowhere listed in the system or NHL when trying to edit lineups..

Domrie

go crazy [PS4]
Jun 18, 2012
They need to have a lobby. OTP are full of idiots who 1) Don't play defense as a defender or 2) call for the puck when the goalie has the puck.

I play defense, and I probably get like 10 2 on 1 per game

SKNJD9

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
We are beta testing OTP for the most part mainly the net code. There is a 2nd otp update coming within the next few months to add lobbies and some other things but its pretty much just a info gatherer to how the engine/network work on xb1 ps4 to try and get a stable eashl experience in 16

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
They need to have a lobby. OTP are full of idiots who 1) Don't play defense as a defender or 2) call for the puck when the goalie has the puck.

I play defense, and I probably get like 10 2 on 1 per game

It happens so often. I might have to join an actual team on EASHL. I work my butt off trying to get the puck back off of 2 forcheckers, meanwhile every forward is outside our dzone waiting for an 80ft pass. Ofcourse I try dumping it out, it gets turned over and they score. Followed by "ZOMG I'm quiting these defensemen don't know what they're doing". :laugh:

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
So, can you not have 2 people playing on the same console in OTP? My buddy and I were psyched to play online together at his place but we couldn't get it to work.

Sadly I feel like I already know the answer to this question but it can't hurt to ask...

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Is there any way to change goalie masks? I simmed ahead a few seasons, and my current goalie was a prospect. He's wearing the standard green mask from juniors. It looks ridiculous.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
So, can you not have 2 people playing on the same console in OTP? My buddy and I were psyched to play online together at his place but we couldn't get it to work.

Sadly I feel like I already know the answer to this question but it can't hurt to ask...

Not sure how that would work with the camera panning up and down the ice. Haven't tried so dunno.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Is there any way to change goalie masks? I simmed ahead a few seasons, and my current goalie was a prospect. He's wearing the standard green mask from juniors. It looks ridiculous.

You can buy the next 3 games, buy as many packs as possible, and wait for it to be added evntually

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Sorry I don't understand? Why would the camera panning up and down be an issue?

By that I mean, which player would the camera prioritize? Or does it zoom out to max in order to capture both players. I haven't tried before so I was just speculating.

SKNJD9

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago

Its never been a option not sure why it would be now ?

TheBrazenhead*

PS3 EASHL question;

I have 190 games played with 75 wins but my grade is a B.

How many games do I need to play with my position grade at A- or better to meet the A- requirement to reach Legend 1?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad