**NHL 15 Thread** Part VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mathew Barzal

Walk It Like I Tocchet
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The best word to describe this game is: clunky.

Pretty much.

I'm also the type of person who prefers an arcade feel of things to the 'realism' they're trying to introduce. I used to dominate with passing and puck possession but now the players can't handle a two foot pass so it goes ricocheting back to the opponent a lot of the time.

SKNJD9

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
So tonight EA accomplished one thing….the slot is a viable option to score again ! Yay! If you are able to work your way into the slot you deserve a decent chance of being rewarded ! Good job EA!
Now for the **** storm it also created.

EVERYTHING that was exploitable in the last tuner still exists TIMES 10. I feel in house the guys at EA really do try to balance this game but one KEY issue they always leave out is they themselves don't play like **********. If you get two players who like to play a realistic sim style of hockey I'm sure this tuner plays FANTASTIC…minus you know the auto assist pass that ****s everything thing among other little issues.

I truly think EA is clueless as to how the masses play this game and it ends up turning out the way the tuner has tonight.

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
Last year on PS3, playing on hardcore all-star, goalie play felt really good. This year on PS4, same settings, it's like playing on default pro most of the time. It's really bothersome. Also it's so obvious that they weight the game heavily in favor of the CPU in special teams and late period situations. They really need to get it through their heads that that crap is neither fun nor challenging.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
I always know when I am about to pick a glitcher. They go from their team to Chicago -- Chicago allows one to figure skate while 'protecting the puck' all over the ice like the Hulk, untouchable. They can do that until the automatic glitch pull back wrister or cross crease tap in opens up. Played some cheater like that, King Denmark, at one point my 4 AI were chasing his Toews around the ice despite my 1-4 zero pressure trap defensive collapse system. This game is zero fun.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Okay....so, I downloaded the latest rosters. They got the NHL team right.

But now the AHL team is missing Robert Hagg and the game still doesn't have Shayne Gostisbehere.

When the heck are they gonna add Ghost??

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Hagg isn't even in the game anymore....wtf?

EA claims they need players in the AHL to sign waivers so they can use their likeness. Any player that's played an NHL game, even if it's only 1 and they only played 1 second, are automatically put into the game because they're considered a part of the NHLPA or something.

I find it stupid. I get they need the rights, but it's pretty ridiculous that you have guys in the game; be it the CHL, SHL, SM-Liiga, etc. and you can use those players but when they go to the AHL, it's a big-to-do about using their likeness - which isn't even "likeness", it's only their name as there's 0 effort put into getting anything right about players that aren't stars on NHL teams.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Of course it lags me off of EASHL. Start of the 3rd period, 5 g, 1 a already. This is why I can never get double digit points!! Every single time, the other goalie quits or I get lagged out. Now up to 5 out of 5 when I have a shot to set a new personal best (8 goals was plausible for me this game).

blueliner18

Oct 18, 2013
NE Ice rinks
EA claims they need players in the AHL to sign waivers so they can use their likeness. Any player that's played an NHL game, even if it's only 1 and they only played 1 second, are automatically put into the game because they're considered a part of the NHLPA or something.

I find it stupid. I get they need the rights, but it's pretty ridiculous that you have guys in the game; be it the CHL, SHL, SM-Liiga, etc. and you can use those players but when they go to the AHL, it's a big-to-do about using their likeness - which isn't even "likeness", it's only their name as there's 0 effort put into getting anything right about players that aren't stars on NHL teams.

Ha! This must be why EA never included Gameface in the NHL series!!! Everybody would have to sign a waiver so we could use our own likeness!!! LOL... the game is a joke, this player likeness stuff is just icing on the cake. I just think it's ridiculous when NBA2K15 can have such intricate details for every player and we get maybe 1 or 2 players per team in NHL15 that look somewhat life like.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I feel like this game both under and overestimates the ability of your common NHLer. NHLers have fantastic hand eye coordination, and they tend to be very creative at settling bouncing pucks. Theyre great at keeping pucks in the offensive zone. Generally, if they're in a passing lane, they'll find a way to at least deflect a puck. If a puck is bouncing and they miss it withy their stick, they'll kick it up with their skate.

On the flip side, I can dangle through CPU defenders on all star difficulty with 4th line grinders. Knuckledraggers with hands of stone are making ryan suter look silly. The way I play with line 4 is no different from how I play with line 1. I'm just slightly less successful with them.

In the same vein, all of the player types play pretty similarly. There isn't much noticeable difference between Landeskog and Duchene. Watch them live and the differences are obvious. The high end players strengths should be a little more pronounced, and you should need to tilt your game towards them to be most successful.

Maybe I just need to tinker with the sliders a bit, increase the difference between the good and bad players (though ea should have done this with their rating system). I don't know how to fix the first problem without upping puck control which I think is already too high due to problem B.

Last edited:

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Just got my first 5 minute major for HIGH STICKING in EASHL. Wow, wow, EA. Just wow. Did I knock the guy's eyeballs out? Seriously? COME ON! To make it worse, I don't even think I hit the guy. I hit stick check and the guy ran into his teammate and fell.

BackHandShelf22

Apr 12, 2014
Just started playing EASHL. I love it when I make a single mistake that leads to a goal and people on their mics freak out, quit the game, then message me saying how much I suck. Jokes on you, I know I suck. lol. Some people are crazy obsessed with stats in this game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad