HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Dude he's not worth $6.5 million today, let alone in SEVEN years from now.

How could you possibly want to trade for one of the worst contracts in the NHL? If HuGo gave up assets for that it would be one of the worst trades in NHL history no joke. Wouldn't happen under any circumstances.
There was never a point in time where he was worth 6.5m. That might be one of the worst value contracts in the league. Simply gross. They couldn’t add enough for me to take this on.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
There was never a point in time where he was worth 6.5m. That might be one of the worst value contracts in the league. Simply gross. They couldn’t add enough for me to take this on.
Yes there definitely was. Wilson had the ability to be an elite power forward but chose to concentrate on being a cheap shot artist.

For Ehlers as a rental. Florida's first and one of Engstrom or Kapanen?
No way.

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
For Ehlers as a rental. Florida's first and one of Engstrom or Kapanen?
I don’t think we’re at the point where we should be giving up firsts and prospects for rentals. If you look at the Hughes record it’s the exact opposite.

I think this year, with the two first round picks, and some contracts coming off the books, it will be considered the final year of the rebuild.

Hughes will finally have some fairly significant cap room to play with, his core locked down long term, and we may see some high UFA’s make their way to Montreal. Ehlers as a UFA makes more sense than spending assets to acquire him. Just my 0.02$

Reactions: Runner77

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Yes there definitely was. Wilson had the ability to be an elite power forward but chose to concentrate on being a cheap shot artist.

No way.
Nope, there wasn’t. Not one single season was Wilson ever worth 6.5.m. It would take a 200m cap for that to happen. This is a 35-45 point player we’re talking about. I don’t care about what might have been. He turned out to be a mediocre head hunter. I wouldn’t trade for Wilson with a 4m csphit for 7 years, yikes.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Trotz said on Nashville Radio that Askarov's on ice antics and constantly leaving his crease to argue with officials, played a factor in their decision to not move him to the NHL and to trade him.

I have zero doubt that this iissue went back to 2023 too.
I don't think we need that attitude in Montreal. If Trotz did that no doubt he's right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad