**NHL 15 Thread** Part VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
This. I also find it hilarious how the computer goalie will stop almost any one timer I throw at them, because that's one of the few ways to score goals in this game on difficulties that are higher than pro, but the second they send one my goalies way, goal.

I can't play the computer without toning down their one-timer accuracy in the sliders. It's almost the only type of goal they score on me. Rarely is it even from the slot either, always from the sides or the point.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
This ****ing game gets more ridiculous by the day.

I constantly play people who absolutely spam the **** out of stick lift and get no penalties. I actually time it right every time, always get penalties. Just got 11 the game I just played.

Meanwhile when I'm on a breakaway, he presses it 30 times and it hits each time. THE ****ING DAY I can ever do that. Worst $60 I've ever spent. I hope this piece of **** company goes out of business. It never will though, because losers like myself will fall to the hype that they make for every single game, even though you know they're going to suck absolute ****. I just end up coming close to screaming whenever I play this game. It's absolutely unplayable. The past few games have been copies with roster changes, but they were fun and playable. You shouldn't be good if you can press an A button at a good time, spin around 50000 times, and eventually make the ****** AI go all the way up to the blue line. Any game that makes your computers go offsides and take double minors is already horrible, and that's one of the minor issues with this game.

They had 2 years to make this game. It speaks volumes as to what EA is. They don't give a ****, they got my money. They got my money for the last time, that's for sure.

Last edited:

dropdeadjoey

Oct 23, 2014
Ontario
I can't play the computer without toning down their one-timer accuracy in the sliders. It's almost the only type of goal they score on me. Rarely is it even from the slot either, always from the sides or the point.

Yup, and they can always find an open man, because even when I use my biggest defense (guys like Coburn) I can't knock anyone off the puck.... I also have this problem where my defense will just leave the front of the net wide open, and bang, one timer from behind the net.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
I find it stupid in EASHL you can't take away someones GM Privileges, you have to Delete them off the Club entirely.. And you're only allowed 5-6 GM's..

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
This ****ing game gets more ridiculous by the day.

I constantly play people who absolutely spam the **** out of stick lift and get no penalties. I actually time it right every time, always get penalties. Just got 11 the game I just played.

Meanwhile when I'm on a breakaway, he presses it 30 times and it hits each time. THE ****ING DAY I can ever do that. Worst $60 I've ever spent. I hope this piece of **** company goes out of business. It never will though, because losers like myself will fall to the hype that they make for every single game, even though you know they're going to suck absolute ****. I just end up coming close to screaming whenever I play this game. It's absolutely unplayable. The past few games have been copies with roster changes, but they were fun and playable. You shouldn't be good if you can press an A button at a good time, spin around 50000 times, and eventually make the ****** AI go all the way up to the blue line. Any game that makes your computers go offsides and take double minors is already horrible, and that's one of the minor issues with this game.

They had 2 years to make this game. It speaks volumes as to what EA is. They don't give a ****, they got my money. They got my money for the last time, that's for sure.

There's a point to be made about how unrealistic online play can be at times. You only come across players who try to play real hockey once in a blue moon. Most of the time (especially on HUT) its figure skaters trying to lure your AI offsides or trying to glitch them while they do twirly circles to the slot - and the game rewards these players with poor defensive controls which don't help to nullify these types of players.

The developers need to watch actual NHL hockey games and very carefully take notes on how the players move around the ice and make plays.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I have a god awful +/- on otp/eashl after weeks of being a noob. I'm turning it around. However I was playing a game last night were I had 3 assists and was a +6. We rocked them. There was 3 minutes left in the game and it freezes. It's happened atleast 3-4 times a week. Incredibly frustrating.

JohnnyBerts

Oct 30, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Guys.. EB Games is offering $30 in store credit when you trade in a game worth $5 or more. I'm seriously considering trading in '15. I'm just torn. I have a PS4 and ONLY play NHL. I played over 900 games online of NHL '14. I ride the stationary bike and play video games but '15 is so freaking bad. It's honestly the worst hockey game they've produced. The thing is, there isn't another game I'd want and the PS4 would just sit there for another year. What say you?

http://www.redflagdeals.com/deal/vi...edits-when-you-trade-in-select-games-worth-5/

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
Got back on NHL 15 after a week or 2 off due to work/and the new shiny Forza.

A lot more frustrating now. Did they tweak the tuners again?

captaincheese

The BillDozer ~ PS4
Nov 1, 2013
Hamilton, Ontario
I have a god awful +/- on otp/eashl after weeks of being a noob. I'm turning it around. However I was playing a game last night were I had 3 assists and was a +6. We rocked them. There was 3 minutes left in the game and it freezes. It's happened atleast 3-4 times a week. Incredibly frustrating.

I have an 80% DNF because of lag dropouts. OTP for me is still broken.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
So, I keep hoping that one of these days I'll pick it up and they'll have made a tuner set that makes this game fun. Not yet apparently. Just lost to the cpu 5-3 despite out shooting them 35-15. My goalie pretty much moves out of the way of the puck. I spend the entire game in their zone cycling the puck, looking for open lanes and good shots. Eventually the puck comes he other way, they take the first unscreened slap shot from the point they can, and they get a goal. It just feels like the mantra is keep it close regardless of how the game is going. It seems like every time I get a goal, the cpu answers by skating through a couple checks and throwing the puck in the net from a bad angle.

And it's the same regardless of whether I win or lose. I usually win 3-2 or 4-3, but my goalie's save percentage is always in the .500-.750 range and theirs is in the .900 range. I'd be better off pulling the goalie.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Guys.. EB Games is offering $30 in store credit when you trade in a game worth $5 or more. I'm seriously considering trading in '15. I'm just torn. I have a PS4 and ONLY play NHL. I played over 900 games online of NHL '14. I ride the stationary bike and play video games but '15 is so freaking bad. It's honestly the worst hockey game they've produced. The thing is, there isn't another game I'd want and the PS4 would just sit there for another year. What say you?

http://www.redflagdeals.com/deal/vi...edits-when-you-trade-in-select-games-worth-5/

You have to trade in 7+ games to get $30 credit. If you want to scrap it, I'd just wait until a Best Buy or Target trade-in promotion.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
So I upped the difficulty from all star to superstar thinking it would just worsen the goalie divide between human and cpu, but instead it corrected it. It's like playing a different game. Suddenly the shots are about even right around 30 and the goalies are stopping around 90% of pucks. It's like a whole new game. I still lose games, but I don't feel cheated anymore.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Anybody have idiots on versus where if they get a long penalty kill or 5 on 3 kill all they do is skate up to the center line and then turn back and skate circles in their own zone and repeat playing keep away until the penalty expires? It almost always backfires on them when I get puck and end up scoring anyways but I will roll my eyes at what a complete moron they are when they do it.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Cant score

I am pretty frustrated after playing a bunch of games in HUT. My players are mostly above 86 rating, nobody at 90 and above. I have snipers twf etc. pretty good goalie.

How come I can't score goals? I am getting a good amount of shots every game.

Tips?

Thanks

bigwillie

Jul 14, 2006
Portland, OR
Dogs were playing like crazy while I was playing the other night. One ran to close to the Xbox and knocked it. Got the circle of death on my NHL15 disc now. Any tips? I've heard toothpaste and chapstick. Does GameStop offer disc repair services? Any positive experience with that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad