**NHL 15 Thread** Part VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cheap77

Go Kings!
Mar 19, 2011
It's incredibly hard to play defense, online specifically. Poke checks only work 50% of the time. Stick lifts do just that..lift the stick for half a second. Almost never actually manage to pick the guy's pocket. You lay a huge hit and you bounce off the guy like a bouncy castle while the puck stays right next to the opponent.

So covering the bases for defenseman: Can't poke check, can't stick lift, can't hit. The only thing you can do against GOOD players is stand infront of the net and hope you block it.

Best way I've found to play defense is just stay with them and time the poke check. Don't go for the big hit or they will just go right around you. If all else fails, hope your goalie doesn't suck.

I wish they had better defensive controls similar to what NHL 2k11 had where you could control your stick defensively.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Why are my AI defenders so **** in this game? They can never maintain their position.. I always get scored on by ****ing rebound goals with both defenders outside the slot?!

Edit: Playing on next gen

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Sorry, but any game that makes your computers take penalties and go offsides sucks giant donkey balls.

That is just absurd. Who thought that would be a good idea? There's nothing you can do about it and it ****s you over.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Sorry, but any game that makes your computers take penalties and go offsides sucks giant donkey balls.

That is just absurd. Who thought that would be a good idea? There's nothing you can do about it and it ****s you over.

If your computers went offsides just once a game or only if you tried to dangle and do too much around the blue line, or if your AI only took a penalty if you were hemmed in for a long time and completely gassed out there, and a "good" penalty and not those Pejorative Slured 10 second late hits 150 feet away from the play, I wouldn't have as much of an issue. This game is just so ****ing bad. It is the worst NHL game I've played in a decade.

Honestly, paging 2K... you have a golden opportunity here... seize it.

Realize

So, there are two main things which I am absolutely enraged about in NHL 15 :

1.) Some kind of online oponents, which I play against and never have any chance to get the puck. After losing about 0 - 3 or 0 - 4 and checking their statistic, they are 54 - 3 - 1 which 4,00 GAA and below 1,00 GAA .. What is that? I can't believe that someone plays THAT good ..

2.) Stupid penalties because of oponents which change their controls to the goalie during the race to the puck to avoid icing.. the player runs against the goalie which is at the bully point --> goaltender interference.

Man.. this is really ....

WingedWheel1988

The Captain
Jan 29, 2013
Columbus, OH
Latest thing to frustrate me:

I cycle the puck around, gets to my D-man at the blueline - I fake a shot to walk around the guy trying rushing the point to block- I do not have time for a slapshot so I try to shoot a wrister or something that might get a deflection (not that uncommon, right?) and what happens.. the AI just intercepts the shot like it was a loose puck or a pass. It looks really dumb first of all and secondly that is a play that should at least get deflected or kicked around in the slot to battle for... or at the very least hit the goalie.. rarely (never) does.

cheap77

Go Kings!
Mar 19, 2011
One thing that really bothers me is how AI breakout. I had a player breaking all alone right down the center. Right as I'm about to pass he starts to skate to hit right wing position which caused me not to get the breakaway.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
If your computers went offsides just once a game or only if you tried to dangle and do too much around the blue line, or if your AI only took a penalty if you were hemmed in for a long time and completely gassed out there, and a "good" penalty and not those Pejorative Slured 10 second late hits 150 feet away from the play, I wouldn't have as much of an issue. This game is just so ****ing bad. It is the worst NHL game I've played in a decade.

Honestly, paging 2K... you have a golden opportunity here... seize it.

I watch videos saying "If they go offsides you're dangling at the line, just cross it"

BULL. ****. My guys are already near the hash marks when I cross the ****ing red line.

cheap77

Go Kings!
Mar 19, 2011
****. I need to start streaming this game just so I can show people how ****ed over I get online in hut. I don't understand how I can get so many A+ chances and still manage to get shutout every single game. I'm seriously starting to think this game matches me up against the worlds best goalies.

My online hut record is a ****ing joke and I just don't understand how you can be rewarded so little for playing so well.

I love this game, but it's so ****ing frustrating.

CMDEADLY

Jun 6, 2014
Filip "yeah" Forsberg, needs a ratings boost when the next update comes, 18 points in 16 games. : P

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Still debating getting 15 for 360. Liking my 14 still, gm mode on superstar and hs is still enjoyable. Its 50 50 . All other versions I've gotten right away.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Need a rating fix update.

Komarov should be a LW and around a 82.

Forsberg should be boosted to about an 84.

Reimer, Santorelli, both need to be lowered to 81-82.

Phaneuf need to be raised to 87-88.

Sekac on the Habs, the Blues guy both need to be raised.

And many, many, many more.

Like, why the **** did they take out player editing? Made the game much more fun because I can go through and make everything realistic for BAGM

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Will they ever fix interference? It's the only penalties I ever see in the game and they're always dumb ones. I can deal with the cpu slashing a guy with the puck. I can't handle he cpu crushing a guy in a different zone while I'm skating with the puck.

And also the refs tend to swallow their whistles when my goalie gets run. My goalie will get hit hard enough to knock his mask off, no call. I misjudge the space needed to stop and bump their goalie, interference. I have no idea how they decide what gets called for goalie interference.

Last edited:

captaincheese

The BillDozer ~ PS4
Nov 1, 2013
Hamilton, Ontario
Will they ever fix interference? It's the only penalties I ever see in the game and they're always dumb ones. I can deal with the cpu slashing a guy with the puck. I can't handle he cpu crushing a guy in a different zone while I'm skating with the puck.

And also the refs tend to swallow their whistles when my goalie gets run. My goalie will get hit hard enough to knock his mask off, no call. I misjudge the space needed to stop and bump their goalie, interference. I have no idea how they decide what gets called for goalie interference.

The goalie interference is messed up. Sometimes you can push the goalie right out of the net and no call, sometimes you get a bit of snow on him from stopping and you get called for it. I've missed a few for sure 1 timer goals because of the phantom GI calls.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
****. I need to start streaming this game just so I can show people how ****ed over I get online in hut. I don't understand how I can get so many A+ chances and still manage to get shutout every single game. I'm seriously starting to think this game matches me up against the worlds best goalies.

My online hut record is a ****ing joke and I just don't understand how you can be rewarded so little for playing so well.

I love this game, but it's so ****ing frustrating.

Join the club. Its a depressing but not-so-lonely place, more of us than you'd think. I outplay my opponents every game and only manage 1 or 2 goals, 3 if I'm lucky. Of course, that's probably because I choose to cycle the puck and play real hockey as opposed to EA hockey.

cheap77

Go Kings!
Mar 19, 2011
Join the club. Its a depressing but not-so-lonely place, more of us than you'd think. I outplay my opponents every game and only manage 1 or 2 goals, 3 if I'm lucky. Of course, that's probably because I choose to cycle the puck and play real hockey as opposed to EA hockey.

Maybe that's the problem. I do that too. Maybe we just don't win because we try to play hockey the we know how and we don't play the online style.

bigsby

Jul 11, 2014
Ottawa
One of the more enjoyable parts of NHL15: Rushing your goalie to the opposing player on an icing rush and drawing a penalty when the two collide :laugh:

Works so well!

Jesusberg

Jul 25, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Not even sure this is where I should be asking, but it's been a month and I'm beyond frustrated. Is anyone else's game not offering the new patch? I'm playing on 360. My main screen is actually stuck on October 15th's game - Detroit vs. Boston. Is it an issue with my Xbox or is the NHL 15? I just want to new patch to determine if I'm ever playing this game again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad