Dreger: Multiple teams interested in Conor Garland - TOR, BOS, NJD, COL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Feb 19, 2018
Oh ya true you’re 100% right how silly of me.

Thatcher Demko: “Garland is one of the main leaders on our team”

Lays: “No he isn’t”

Case closed!

Also, please point me to where it says he’s being “shopped”
He actually said keeping things light in the room. Not biggest vocal leader? Keeping it light with JT would probably consist of humor, they like to play practical jokes etc

Love

Feb 29, 2012
He actually said keeping things light in the room. Not biggest vocal leader? Keeping it light with JT would probably consist of humor, they like to play practical jokes etc

Ok? I was paraphrasing. The poster I was quoting said Garland is “a locker room issue” and Demko says him and JT Miller are the guys who get everyone laughing and having a good time.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Not again... size does not always matter but the Bruins need more size, not less, and not one who weighs 160 lbs. Especially at the price posters cite. 1st +??

The Bruins need a 2C or a high end defenseman to play with McAvoy.

I would much rather the Bruins leave Debrusk with Bergeron and Pastrnak with Hall. Garland is not a need.

If he's available wouldn't Horvat be a far better target for the Bruins?

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
I would probably do Debrusk and maybe a B level prospect or a mid round pick for Garland but to add a 2nd and a former 1st round pick?

Garland has six more points (all assists) with two more minutes of ice time. He has never cracked 40 pts and never paced for 30 goals all of which JD has done.

Their values are a lot closer than some might think but Canucks overvalue Garland (as they should he's a great player) and Bruins fan value Debrusk as a 3rd round pick throw in to any deal.

It would only make sense if Canucks wanted to add more size to their lineup.

Canucks paid a steep price for Garland, he is on good contract, is having a great season and the Canucks don't have to really trade him. Because of this I think the offered package for Witz an extended DeBrusk would be fair for both sides.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
It doesn't make sense to trade Garland unless it's for something that fills a huge need.
Much like the draft, you don’t normally turn down the BPA, there is next to no chance that anything close to a Newhook valued player is offered….but if they are, you don’t say no.

Reactions: Patagonia

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
The Canucks would be dumb to retain on Garland. I can't see the Canucks using a retention spot for 4 more years on an already good contract.

You're right. The proposal was obviously made by a Leaf fan who may not have been aware that Rutherford has been talking of the need to clear cap space. The proposal gives the Canucks a first, but costs them cap space in the first year and thereafter until the player picked with the first gets beyond his elc. It clearly runs contrary to the direction Rutherford has indicated he wants to go.

I can certainly understand the proposal. It gets the Leafs a player and saves them some cap space at the cost of a low first round pick +. That makes it good for the Leafs going for broke during their window. He might have figured that the Canucks are like many teams who have been bad, with extra cap space they are willing to use for picks. Of course, this doesn't work well for the capped out Canucks, who actually need to use LTIR to get under the cap this season and are looking to make moves to lessen their future cap problems.

dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Never said Garland didn’t pace 40 pts. Reread. Everything I said above was factual lol.

Using this year and last is ignoring the career numbers and that fits a narrative.

JD averages 32 points over 5 years

Garland averages 32 points over 4 years.

Hence my point above, closer in value than people think.
I meant cracking 40 points when he was literally one off.

Why would you use his earlier seasons when it's clear DeBrusk's point totals over the past few seasons have stagnated?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad