Dreger: Multiple teams interested in Conor Garland - TOR, BOS, NJD, COL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Why is Garland even available again? Definitely adds to the rumors that he’s a locker room issue. Been hearing it since his days in the Q

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Not again... size does not always matter but the Bruins need more size, not less, and not one who weighs 160 lbs. Especially at the price posters cite. 1st +??

The Bruins need a 2C or a high end defenseman to play with McAvoy.

I would much rather the Bruins leave Debrusk with Bergeron and Pastrnak with Hall. Garland is not a need.

dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC
They need a top RW, top LD, 3rd liner with grit, and another D with grit...so yesss Garland fill a need...not supprised if Garland is the price to pay to take Ekman Larsson contract with some retain, Bruins were on Ekma Larsson couples month of that
Nah they have Pastrnak to fill the top RW spot, they need a true 2nd line C and possibly top 6 winger as Debrusk is a bit streaky

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Alex Kerfoot
Timothy Liljegren
2022 1st

for

Garland @ 3.5 mil ($1.4 mil retention)

Do Leafs still have their 2023 1st? would prefer that.

I guess it would all depend on Canuck's assessment on Liljgren for his trade to work or not.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
According to multiple sources including Dreger, The Vancouver Canucks are getting a lot of calls and offers on Garland. Teams specifically mentioned are Toronto, NJ and Boston

Garland has been fantastic for Van this season. He is also only 25 years old and signed to a sweetheart deal of 4.9 AAV for 4 more years after this season.

Return would probably start with 1st and prospect. Van would probably have interest in a young aged Dman as well with high value instead of a 1st rounder.

this guy has been pushing Garland to the leafs for what 3 years now, is he in love with him, does he owe him a favor?
Personally, i dont see him as even an upgrade on Kerfoot, but, 1.4 more expensive.

Reactions: TML1990

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Notice how the Avs aren't reported as being interested here? It's because MacK will throw another helmet at him if he every came here.

nathan-mackinnon-goavsgo.gif

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Dreger: I think there's good reason to believe the Boston Bruins would have interest in Connor Garland.

This appears lost in the translation to the thread title.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Notice how the Avs aren't reported as being interested here? It's because MacK will throw another helmet at him if he every came here.

nathan-mackinnon-goavsgo.gif

Thats exactly why we love Garland in Van.

He is a pest with high end skill. He is almost like a Burrows except Burrows doesnt have the puck skills that Garland has.

Garland is 8th in penalties drawn this season. Would be very valuable in the playoffs.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Thats exactly why we love Garland in Van.

He is a pest with high end skill. He is almost like a Burrows except Burrows doesnt have the puck skills that Garland has.

Garland is 8th in penalties drawn this season. Would be very valuable in the playoffs.

I was posting in jest. Garland's a heck of a player. That exchange with the helmet toss is just hilarious to me.

Reactions: bh53 and nucksauce

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
No it doesnt

but nice try though
It definitely does. There was rumors of him being a locker room issue in the Q, Arizona, and now that the Nucks want to trade him only adds to it. There’s also a reason why there are reports that he isn’t as valuable to teams around the league as many outsiders and fans think

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Why would the Leafs do this? Makes no sense to go after Garland, and I have nothing against the player. Unless they are trading Nylander for a D-man.
Garland had 4 more years left on his deal, retention is key in that deal. I think he would be a good fit on that 2nd line in a Bunting-like role. He’s a pest who can put up solid 5 on 5 numbers - a feistier Kerfoot. 2nd line hasn’t really been working, and Garland would compliment JT really well.

Leafs have a logjam on D right now, and Niemela as a potential future RHD replacement

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Demko was on Spitting Chicklets a week ago and when he was asked who are the biggest vocal leaders on the team he said Miller and Garland.
Really doesn’t mean much. And why is he being shopped then?

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Only thing I could see the B's offering would be DeBrusk + for Garland. Which I'm sure Canucks fans wouldn't be stoked on.

They need a 2nd line C and some D before trying to add Garland.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Garland had 4 more years left on his deal, retention is key in that deal. I think he would be a good fit on that 2nd line in a Bunting-like role. He’s a pest who can put up solid 5 on 5 numbers - a feistier Kerfoot. 2nd line hasn’t really been working, and Garland would compliment JT really well.

Leafs have a logjam on D right now, and Niemela as a potential future RHD replacement

I still don't think this is the asset we need to waste our 2022 1st rounder on. Doesn't scream like a true need to me. Are we a Garland away from beating Tampa or Florida? I am skeptical.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
It definitely does. There was rumors of him being a locker room issue in the Q, Arizona, and now that the Nucks want to trade him only adds to it. There’s also a reason why there are reports that he isn’t as valuable to teams around the league as many outsiders and fans think

ah rumors, okay that sounds credible for sure.

I think that Demko guy is full of it tho when he said Garland was one of the biggest leaders on the team.

but yes rumors, they are more believable.

Reactions: bh53

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Really doesn’t mean much. And why is he being shopped then?

HAHAHAHAH
So you have direct evidence from a locker room

but guy who never got traded in the Q
and developed through the coyotes system, only for them not wanting to spend money on him and he is suddenly a locker room cancer

embarrassing comment.

Reactions: bh53 and Love

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Oh ya true you’re 100% right how silly of me.

Thatcher Demko: “Garland is one of the main leaders on our team”

Lays: “No he isn’t”

Case closed!
Also, please point me to where it says he’s being “shopped”

He doesnt have evidence
just make believe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad