Dreger: Multiple teams interested in Conor Garland - TOR, BOS, NJD, COL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
Dubas inquiring about a 5’9 forward, shocker!

Dude, he's 5'6. No exaggeration.

But the guy is just outlandishly confident handling the puck for his size. He circles around the net multiples times looking for a play, spinning off guys like it's nothing.

I would be extremely bummed to lose this player, he plays the way Pettersson and Boeser really ought to.

Reactions: bh53

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Toronto should like him

they have an absolutely lethal PP
Garland draws a F-LOAD of penalties
over the past 3 season he is top 10 in the league in that category and leads Vancouver this season

and he is Vancouver's best even strength player, and vancouver sucks at even strength.
Toronto values even strength scoring, well so should every team. Except supposedly Vancouvers management team

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Why is Garland even available again? Definitely adds to the rumors that he’s a locker room issue. Been hearing it since his days in the Q

Demko recently said he and Garland are the two guys who try to keep a light atmosphere in the locker room.

edit: sorry, just saw that you've already been unwillingly corrected.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
So the Canucks gave up the 9th overall and a 2nd as well as taking on OEL’s contract to only trade Garland… what a dumb idea! The return will have to be better than what we gave up, he’s only 25 and on a good deal, he’s young enough to be part of the retool.

TheHelmet

Feb 10, 2021
Pat Laftonaines Trophy Room
Vocal leaders on pathetic teams often get painted with the wrong brush. I see it every day at work as well

That's actually a good point
Guys like Miller and Garland who produce are pretty intense and want to win suddenly get painted with the wrong brush while the country club players who just want to put up points and get to the offseason are not the problem apparently.

takes a lot to change the culture of a team

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
The speculation is that the Canucks coaching/management might not see Garland as a long term fit due to his size and the way they want to build the team, as to why he might be made available.

Trading for a similarly small prospect like Lysell who is 5'10 at best just doesnt make sense.

I've seen Lysell play a lot this season being that I live in Vancouver and he plays for the Giants.

Skilled , perimeter player that doesnt have pace or motor in my opinion.

I would much rather target other Boston prospects or other teams prospects in general.

Lysell doesn't have pace? He was the best skater in the entire draft. There's an article this week comparing his skating to Bure in the Athletic.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Dude, he's 5'6. No exaggeration.

But the guy is just outlandishly confident handling the puck for his size. He circles around the net multiples times looking for a play, spinning off guys like it's nothing.

I would be extremely bummed to lose this player, he plays the way Pettersson and Boeser really ought to.
5’6! Dubas offers 1st rd picks from 2025 thru to 2030!

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Lysell doesn't have pace? He was the best skater in the entire draft. There's an article this week comparing his skating to Bure in the Athletic.

Havent seen that at all with the Giants this year. Sourdif for example on his line before he got traded , was the better skater and carried way more pace.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Not again... size does not always matter but the Bruins need more size, not less, and not one who weighs 160 lbs. Especially at the price posters cite. 1st +??

The Bruins need a 2C or a high end defenseman to play with McAvoy.

I would much rather the Bruins leave Debrusk with Bergeron and Pastrnak with Hall. Garland is not a need.

I love Garland, but the teams long term needs at C... this would not be my first choice.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Havent seen that at all with the Giants this year. Sourdif for example on his line before he got traded , was the better skater and carried way more pace.

I guess you know better than the Giants GM:

“It’s just so pretty and fun to watch him. No matter who you are, you’re going to recognize ‘wow, this guy is incredibly fast,'” Parneta said on a recent phone call. “If he’s not the best skater I’ve ever seen, he’s certainly one of them.”

And Giants associate coach Keith McCambridge:

“It’s not only his straight-line speed but what I like to call his quickness, which is his first three strides, to be able to create some separation out of the corners, coming through the neutral zone. His quickness really jumps off of the page in all of those ways. It’s special,” McCambridge said.

And his teammates: Giants mates still finding Lysell's skating and skills 'jaw dropping' | The Province

And Craig Button: "His greatest asset lies in his skating abilities as he has a very smooth stride and quick movements when navigating the ice. He has great speed to evade and blow by the opposition and moves the play very quickly when the puck is on his stick. He has great balance and edges that allows him to maneuver easily in difficult situations."

And Ben Kerr: ”Lysell is lightning quick, getting past his man and into an area to create a scoring chance”...”top-end speed is also excellent”...”agility and edgework are also outstanding”...”able to make quick cuts and changes in direction”.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Notice how the Avs aren't reported as being interested here? It's because MacK will throw another helmet at him if he every came here.

nathan-mackinnon-goavsgo.gif

You spoke to soon:

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
It definitely does. There was rumors of him being a locker room issue in the Q, Arizona, and now that the Nucks want to trade him only adds to it. There’s also a reason why there are reports that he isn’t as valuable to teams around the league as many outsiders and fans think
This isn't what was reported at all. It was reported teams are interested in Garland, not that the Canucks are shopping him or looking to move him. You are stating baseless opinions like they are fact.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I guess you know better than the Giants GM:

“It’s just so pretty and fun to watch him. No matter who you are, you’re going to recognize ‘wow, this guy is incredibly fast,'” Parneta said on a recent phone call. “If he’s not the best skater I’ve ever seen, he’s certainly one of them.”

And Giants associate coach Keith McCambridge:

“It’s not only his straight-line speed but what I like to call his quickness, which is his first three strides, to be able to create some separation out of the corners, coming through the neutral zone. His quickness really jumps off of the page in all of those ways. It’s special,” McCambridge said.

And his teammates: Giants mates still finding Lysell's skating and skills 'jaw dropping' | The Province

And Craig Button: "His greatest asset lies in his skating abilities as he has a very smooth stride and quick movements when navigating the ice. He has great speed to evade and blow by the opposition and moves the play very quickly when the puck is on his stick. He has great balance and edges that allows him to maneuver easily in difficult situations."

And Ben Kerr: ”Lysell is lightning quick, getting past his man and into an area to create a scoring chance”...”top-end speed is also excellent”...”agility and edgework are also outstanding”...”able to make quick cuts and changes in direction”.
Lysell is a fast skater and is definitely quick, but Byram was a better skater than Lysell. Lysell is shifty and quick - Byram was smooth, strong and fast.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017

tell me you havent actually watched the Giants without telling me you havent actually watched the Giants lmao. His coach literally called him the best skater he's ever seen.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
3 way trade

NJD trades Zacha to Bruins who trade ???? to Vancouver who trade Garland to NJ

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
NJ's interest just makes no sense to me. It should be playoff teams that are interested. I like Garland and would like NJ to get him, but it seems like he would have more value to a contender.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
NJ's interest just makes no sense to me. It should be playoff teams that are interested. I like Garland and would like NJ to get him, but it seems like he would have more value to a contender.

Garland is 25 and signed for 4 more years, why should it only be playoff teams interested?

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
tell me you havent actually watched the Giants without telling me you havent actually watched the Giants lmao. His coach literally called him the best skater he's ever seen.

Lysell is a very skilled dynamic skater. What I said is he is not a poweful skater or has pace or motor and definitely disagreed with the guy who said he skates like Pavel Bure.

I've never watched Lysell and siad, wow he was shot out of a cannon. However ,he is graceful and agile.

I'd compare Lysell to someone like William Nylander.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad