Dreger: Multiple teams interested in Conor Garland - TOR, BOS, NJD, COL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
So the Canucks gave up the 9th overall and a 2nd as well as taking on OEL’s contract to only trade Garland… what a dumb idea! The return will have to be better than what we gave up, he’s only 25 and on a good deal, he’s young enough to be part of the retool.
the price vancouver paid was to unload 12m in cap space, get retention on the OEL contract and OEL himself as much as to acquire garlands RFA rights. to assume benning viewed OEL as a cap dump in this trade, to artificial enhance the value of garland in trade talks is cringeworthy.

Last edited:

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Can’t see the Bruins including Lysell or Lohrei. Garland is a very nice piece but he does not address even an immediate need for them.

Unless something can be done around Debrusk I just don’t see a fit.

B’s need a top-6 center, top-4 LHD. For one of those pieces I’d consider one of our two top prospects, a 1st, ++.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

48MPHSlapShot

Nov 3, 2018
Can't see any reason why the Nucks move him unless it's for a significant overpayment. Young, top 6 forward with some grit locked up for under 5 mill per season. That's a guy you hold on to.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Hopefully Rutherford doesn’t go to crazy in his roster shake up, seems like every Canucks player is in a trade rumour.

Feb 19, 2018
The only thing I liked about Benning is he had a depth chart of every team in the league where he viewed the players. I hope new management has the same with a list of targets that are young with speed and skill. For each position, and they go hard for them as to me that is more of following a plan.

Example:

Lafrenier - Newhook - Lysell
Kakko - Necas - Othmann
Kravtsov - Mercer - Kupari
Guenther - Byfield - Caufield

Chychrun - B. Clarke
Provorov - Schneider
Byram - Faber
L. Hughes - Grans

You get the point, I’m not saying that’s my list as it was off the top of my head, but there are some guys in there that should be in JR’s speed and skill plan.

Then you target them accordingly. Start making calls in order of priority and see if they want any of your assets available? For these types of players (for the most part) picks should be available to acquire them

Reactions: CanuckCity

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
The only thing I liked about Benning is he had a depth chart of every team in the league where he viewed the players. I hope new management has the same with a list of targets that are young with speed and skill. For each position, and they go hard for them as to me that is more of following a plan.

Example:

Lafrenier - Newhook - Lysell
Kakko - Necas - Othmann
Kravtsov - Mercer - Kupari
Guenther - Byfield - Caufield

Chychrun - B. Clarke
Provorov - Schneider
Byram - Faber
L. Hughes - Grans

You get the point, I’m not saying that’s my list as it was off the top of my head, but there are some guys in there that should be in JR’s speed and skill plan.

Then you target them accordingly. Start making calls in order of priority and see if they want any of your assets available? For these types of players (for the most part) picks should be available to acquire them
That didn’t exactly workout so well… he’d have tunnel vision on players like eriksson, Myers, etc.

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
8FE77A05-FBBF-496C-855E-A779127C28E2.jpeg

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

Not sure what to make of this. I know he can't just come out and say yeah we're gonna LTIR Muzzin for the season until playoffs. What he said is the ethical thing to do, but if your competitors are gonna pull that LTIR shit, you'd be a fool not to do it too.

Assuming Muzzin is coming back before playoffs, what's the one move ? Just a top 4D ? We still need more physicality in the line up, one D-man isn't going to cut it.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Would be moronic to trade Garland unless it's a hockey deal for a stud defenseman on a good contract

Guy drives offense is a complete shit disturber who drags his team into the fight and does all his scoring 5v5 as he has barely seen much PP ice time is young and on a great contract.

Like what am i missing here? Some peoples fascination with having size is just dumb. Kids a player and is Vans top 5v5 scorer and has games and shifts of outright dominance.

How about surround fantastic players with some size and skill not have a bunch of middling jewelry that looks imposing. This has to be teams asking about Garland to steal him from Van if they are dumb enough to undervalue him because of stature.

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
Not sure what to make of this. I know he can't just come out and say yeah we're gonna LTIR Muzzin for the season until playoffs. What he said is the ethical thing to do, but if your competitors are gonna pull that LTIR shit, you'd be a fool not to do it too.

Assuming Muzzin is coming back before playoffs, what's the one move ? Just a top 4D ? We still need more physicality in the line up, one D-man isn't going to cut it.
Assuming Muzzin is back, a physical top 4D would be the priority....would a physical 2nd line winger be good? Sure, but we only have one 1st, and i think our bottom 6 is set.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Would be moronic to trade Garland unless it's a hockey deal for a stud defenseman on a good contract

Guy drives offense is a complete shit disturber who drags his team into the fight and does all his scoring 5v5 as he has barely seen much PP ice time is young and on a great contract.

Like what am i missing here? Some peoples fascination with having size is just dumb. Kids a player and is Vans top 5v5 scorer and has games and shifts of outright dominance.

How about surround fantastic players with some size and skill not have a bunch of middling jewelry that looks imposing. This has to be teams asking about Garland to steal him from Van if they are dumb enough to undervalue him because of stature.

13 of DeBrusk 15 goals are 5\5, has about 1.5 minutes less per game, played 3 or 4 line for most of the season and isn't a shrimp like Garland. DeBrusk absolutely has a higher ceiling than Garland.

DeBrusk looks like he will score 23-25 his year so he absolutely should get a 1st from a team like Edmonton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad