Dreger: Multiple teams interested in Conor Garland - TOR, BOS, NJD, COL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
I meant cracking 40 points when he was literally one off.

Why would you use his earlier seasons when it's clear DeBrusk's point totals over the past few seasons have stagnated?

Because thats when he was in the top six and it demonstrates the production he is capable of when playing with higher caliber players and with more ice time.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Similar trade to the Toffoli one imo.
1st + Good Prospect + random late picks I would suspect is the ask. That’s probably his value but I would think Vancouver has no reason to trade him so it may take more than that

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Multiple teams should be interested in Garland. I don't really see what trading a good, productive forward like Garland on a solid contract does for the Canucks. But...

If it’s NJ I would assume it’s something like Garland + Dickinson for Zacha + Smith. I know Van fans have said they don’t need or want Smith but there were rumors that Van was interested in him.

I’d say there’s next to no chance NJ’s 1st is available for 4 years of anyone.

If an offer like this landed on my desk, i'd fax that directly in to the NHL head office without blinking. I really don't know where the impression Van fans don't need or want Ty Smith comes from. For my money, he's exactly the sort of guy they should be targeting. I mean, it'd be better if he were a bit bigger. But he's exactly the sort of high upside transition defender they could absolutely use, while trying to reinvent their sad blueline.

Zacha is whatever. 40pt sort of winger with a little bit of versatility, and the potential to have some bigger years in a complementary role with the right linemates. That works for me though. As long as his upcoming contract demands aren't completely insane. I think he'd be a solid addition to the mix, and he does bring an element of size and speed that would be welcome. Even if he's not as skilled or productive as Garland, that's a reasonable enough backfill i think, and in the right age range to be useful.

dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Because thats when he was in the top six and it demonstrates the production he is capable of when playing with higher caliber players and with more ice time.
You do realize there's a reason why his ice time has gone down right? It's because he hasn't played good and has pretty much rotated from lines 1-3 the entire season

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Would love Garland next to Hughes in NJ but like other Canucks fans have said not sure why they'd trade him with the exodus of guys possibly in Miller and Boeser.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I dont think some people realize that garland gets basically zero PP time, and is our best 5v5 player.

Again, trading him would be incredibly stupid, unless they get a fortune.

Garland is tied with Horvat and Boeser with 31 points this season.

Horvat has 12 power play points

Boeser has 13 power play points

Garland has 2 power play points

If we trade Boeser and Garland takes his spot on PP1, I expect his point totals to skyrocket.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Lysell is a very skilled dynamic skater. What I said is he is not a poweful skater or has pace or motor and definitely disagreed with the guy who said he skates like Pavel Bure.

I've never watched Lysell and siad, wow he was shot out of a cannon. However ,he is graceful and agile.

I'd compare Lysell to someone like William Nylander.

Digging that hole just a little deeper, sheesh.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Again, just my opinion, I’ll let AVs fans field this one…maybe I’m over valuing Newhook.

AVs are not moving Newhook. 2C will be a future need and lack depth in this position. He’s playing 3C/4C with poor wingers and on a ELC deal. Garland is an excellent Winger, but not a team need.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
I like him as a player but don't know how the 5 mill fits long term.

If you're confident you can unload Kerfoot in the off-season then I guess it's worth exploring.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I still can’t get over the fact he’s available, it makes no f***ing sense, it’s infuriating

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad