Value of: Mtl needs a young goalie. Who and what value?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Just draft 2 goalies this coming draft. Grab an early one with your 2nd rounder ,Bjarnsson or Hrabal and one in the later rounds. Between what you have in the farm and this upcoming draft you hope one pans out into a starter.
You guys are a few years away from competing anyways.

Reactions: Lockin17

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
Minnesota could afford trade Wallstedt to put their money on Gustavsson.

To Montreal Jesper Wallstedt

To Minnesota Owen Beck and maybe a pick to get it done 2024 second round pick (col).
Loosing Beck hurts, but this is exactly the type of deal Montreal needs to do if it were a possibility.

Reactions: Devonator

Sebastien

May 1, 2022
Minnesota could afford trade Wallstedt to put their money on Gustavsson.

To Montreal Jesper Wallstedt

To Minnesota Owen Beck and maybe a pick to get it done 2024 second round pick (col).
Lol delusional. MIN say hell no short of 1c. Are you joking? Detroit fan thinking MIN will trade wallstedt for nothing prospect they have zero need for considering D and winger is last of MIN need

Reactions: Gabe Kupari

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
A goalie is the last piece you acquire in a rebuild. Not giving up high end assets for a goalie that may ultimately wash out. Goalies are too hard up project and even ones who have a great pedigree are far from guaranteed starters.

Lol delusional. MIN say hell no short of 1c. Are you joking? Detroit fan thinking MIN will trade wallstedt for nothing prospect they have zero need for considering D and winger is last of MIN need
Calling Beck a nothing prospect just reveals your lack of knowledge about him. And he’s a C.

Sebastien

May 1, 2022
A goalie is the last piece you acquire in a rebuild. Not giving up high end assets for a goalie that may ultimately wash out. Goalies are too hard up project and even ones who have a great pedigree are far from guaranteed starters.

Calling Beck a nothing prospect just reveals your lack of knowledge about him. And he’s a C.
Lol he's not a top C prospect or 1c. Minnesota isn't moving wallstedt for B prospect at best.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Lol he's not a top C prospect or 1c. Minnesota isn't moving wallstedt for B prospect at best.
Lol. If you say so. Really not interested in moving assets for a goalie. anyway. Goalies are voodoo and there’s a not Insignificant chance that Wallstedt turns out to be nothing special at the NHL level

Also. No GM gives up a potential 1C for a goalie prospect

Reactions: CapSpace

Sebastien

May 1, 2022
Lol. If you say so. Really not interested in moving assets for a goalie. anyway. Goalies are voodoo and there’s a not Insignificant chance that Wallstedt turns out to be nothing special at the NHL level

Also. No GM gives up a potential 1C for a goalie prospect
Lol right OK. Whatever

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
Price is done. Thanks, i love you, but we need to move on.

We have Primeau but in my opinion, he's not top 10 NHL starter material.

So the thread question....What is available under 26 that is underated or stuck behind a top goalie? He needs to have top 10 "potential" or we stay with what we have.

As much as a late 1st is available, but it may get complicated! LOL

Thoughts?
Binnington

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
habs need more attack. remember if you spend more time in their zone you goalie looks great. Monty and Allan are good for now. let the kid dmen get better and same for the kid forwards. the current problem is getting rid of some contracts at lease 3-4 need to go.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
It's not because not in a million years Minnesota would move wallstedt especially for not a 1c or top C prospect and high 1st. Not happening
Cool keep him!

The last keeper who was traded for a top pick was Cory Schneider after a vezina year... So yah... Good luck getting a 1c or a top1C prospectnfor a guy who had a hard time postinf a 910 save % in a very good AHL team

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Cool keep him!

The last keeper who was traded for a top pick was Cory Schneider after a vezina year... So yah... Good luck getting a 1c or a top1C prospectnfor a guy who had a hard time postinf a 910 save % in a very good AHL team
When did Schneider get a Vezina trophy?

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Hab fans, do you not have any decent goaltending prospects in the pipeline???
There’s a couple question marks. No one who is ready to step in right now. But they don’t need anyone RIGHT now. Allen is signed for another 2 years and Montembeault for one more year. This thread is premature

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
Hab fans, do you not have any decent goaltending prospects in the pipeline???
I guess it depends on what you mean by decent. I would say, maybe, but it's probably the shallowest position in the prospect pool.

The other issue is that goalies tend to take the longest to develop, so without a strong goalie prospect pool now, it could be the weak link in the rebuild in the coming years.

Halakitlikethat

Oct 10, 2013
British Columbia
They shouldn’t be in any rush to trade for a goalie yet. I’m sure they will draft one this year and roll with the same tandem next season and see what Mont gives you, he’s still pretty young for a goalie.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
I guess it depends on what you mean by decent. I would say, maybe, but it's probably the shallowest position in the prospect pool.

The other issue is that goalies tend to take the longest to develop, so without a strong goalie prospect pool now, it could be the weak link in the rebuild.
I ask because historically speaking, the Habs have always had great goaltenders going all the way back to Jacques Plante and up to Price....if anyone can find goalies, it seems to be the Habs organization.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Sebastien

May 1, 2022
Cool keep him!

Very good ahl team? You have no idea what the heck your talking about. Oh yeah, you didn't watch wallstedt.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
I ask because historically speaking, the Habs have always had great goaltenders going all the way back to Jacques Plante and up to Price....if anyone can find goalies, it seems to be the Habs organization.

Other than Price Montréal hasn’t has a great goalie prospect in a long time. Just a lot of Tokarski/Huet/Lindgren level guys. If I’m being honest Montembeault has been the best looking young goalie in the system in recent memory.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad