Value of: Mtl needs a young goalie. Who and what value?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
For the first time in modern history, fab fan finally on board to DIVE TO THE BOTTOM in order to get top talent. For years and years Hab fans REFUSED to dive After seeing the hab not win a cup in years the hard head fans are on board. Dont believe the bs, it's a full on full rebuild. From the managers to the zamboni drivers. This takes TIME 2-3 years for sure. So what do I see now, humm lots of non hab fans trying to stop the habs with crazy offers, anything to STOP the rebuild." WHY you ask" because Montreal KNOWS HOCKEY. now that the chains are off watch out in 3-4 years. Habs almost won a cup last year with almost no team. In fact they only got beat by a team 20milloin over the cap., yes legal, but fair? hummmmm. Aslo look what has happened now. TB took advantage of a loophole and won a cup. That loophole has not been removed so what good for them is good for EVERYONE. It seems half the nhl is on LTIR until the playoffs.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Habs have the right goalie talent at the right development stage in the pipr. What they will need is the right veteran to help transition Primeau (Dobes etc) into the starting role now that Price is likely to be done.

That can be addressed next offseason in UFA.

Habs need time for the young D prospects and Primeau to develop. Primeau had his best season last year.

Reactions: viceroy

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Price is done. Thanks, i love you, but we need to move on.

We have Primeau but in my opinion, he's not top 10 NHL starter material.

So the thread question....What is available under 26 that is underated or stuck behind a top goalie? He needs to have top 10 "potential" or we stay with what we have.

As much as a late 1st is available, but it may get complicated! LOL

Thoughts?
Habs have a few years before they need a goalie. No point looking for a goalie now.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
The biggest concern, though, is that none of those defensive prospects currently look like a future #1D. Hopefully one ends up exceeding expectations. Maybe Guhle?
Way too early to tell. Guhle / Barron should turn into a solid pairing. #1 dmen are generally not a guarantee at the draft and are developed over time. Too early to write off any of the Habs prospect dmen.

All the Habs can do is continue to draft and develop. No one is going to trade a #1 dman or a potential #1 prospect dman.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont

So the thread question....What is available under 26 that is underated or stuck behind a top goalie? He needs to have top 10 "potential" or we stay with what we have.

Thoughts?
Draft one with FLA's pick... problem solved with the asset offered.

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
No interest. He’s not any better than what Montreal already has. He’s been passed on the depth chart in Vancouver for a reason. He’s an undersized AHL backup
If Montreal does have any interest in him, it will be after he clears waivers and in an AHL transaction.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Habs are tanking, they will address that position next off season imo, it doesn't cost much to get a guy a with decent upside (husso, gerogiev, khakonen, ned etc) why pay for one before a garunteed losing season?

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Thoughts?
Swayman. Offer sheet give up a 2nd

The Don Hughes

Jun 22, 2017
Montreal, Qc
I haven't seen anyone mentioning him, but I'd kick the tires on Thomas Milic. Free agent and he's been great this year in the juniors and he's been stellar in the WHL playoffs

Wayfarer13

Jun 21, 2020
Habs don't have their 2nd in 2024, so they can't
Actually they can.They can lower the offer and pay a 3rd. Of course there would be a wink to convey any short comings they're maybe on the first contract would be made up on the second one.

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
Minnesota could afford trade Wallstedt to put their money on Gustavsson.

To Montreal Jesper Wallstedt

To Minnesota Owen Beck and maybe a pick to get it done 2024 second round pick (col).

• Wow
Reactions: abo9 and malcb33

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad