Value of: Mtl needs a young goalie. Who and what value?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Islanders aren't trading Their young superstar G
UFA in 2 years mate

1661209557419.png

Halakitlikethat

Oct 10, 2013
British Columbia
They don’t need anybody anytime soon . I bet they can buy low on someone or claim someone on waivers . I think next summer is when they’ll really need someone as Allen will be UFA

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Montreal needs a lot of things, honestly. You'd be parting with a lot of picks to get a top 10 goalie.
Like another poster here said, the draft is your best bet at the moment. You're still in the early stages of the rebuild, which sucks for any fan base. I'm a Detroit fan, so I can definitely relate.
If your team's history tells us anything, you'll be back before you know it.

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Habs are not in a hurry to get a goalie.

Primeau had a great playoff run for Laval to the final, he was their best player. He just turned 23.

Dobes had a dominant 0,934% season in the NCAA.

Dichow is showing good things in Sweden. He played in the Olympic for Denmark.

Vrbetic signed with Trois Rivière Lions.

With the team's rebuilding, there's no rush to get a goalie. HuGo can be patient, wait and see what the young guns can become.

Riding an Allen/Monty tandem while awaiting.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Price was one of the exceptions that was elite from minute one.

I'm looking for that "figures it out" goalie who is ypung enough to grow.

We got 3-4 year window to contend and that means someone 26 or younger. That gives us an early 30s goalie with a 5 year window.

Price spoiled us, but also hid the huge holes we had.

Moving on...
Where were you when Alex Georgiev was available?

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
You can have Daniel Vladar if you give us back our 1st round draft pick.
He just turned 25 three days ago, he played 23 games last season with a .906 Sv%, a 2.75 GAA, and a 13-6 W/L record.
Normally the Flames would keep him but we have Dustin Wolf in the wings chomping at the bit.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
DiPietro for like a 5th? 6th?
No. He’s an undersized AHL backup. Could get better than him on waivers.

You can have Daniel Vladar if you give us back our 1st round draft pick.
He just turned 25 three days ago, he played 23 games last season with a .906 Sv%, a 2.75 GAA, and a 13-6 W/L record.
Normally the Flames would keep him but we have Dustin Wolf in the wings chomping at the bit.
Goalie prospects don’t return 1st round picks.

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
We'll ride with Allen-Montembault-Primeau for a few months. HuGo will not pay a high price in a hurry for something we don't need that much since we're rebuilding.

Maybe a waiver pick, or pick a goalie high next draft, or a 2023 UFA.

Not a f***ing 1st for f***ing Samsonov tho. Nor Vladar.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Either way. He won’t return a 1st.
Fair enough if that's your opinion but we all know how desperate some teams can get in their search for a competent goalie. Although with the Habs, due to their Connor Beddard lottery quest, that's probably not one of their biggest priorities right now.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Fair enough if that's your opinion but we all know how desperate some teams can get in their search for a competent goalie. Although with the Habs, due to their Connor Beddard lottery quest, that's probably not one of their biggest priorities right now.
A much more proven Georgiev returned a 3rd and a 5th. Thinking any team is giving up a 1st for Vlader is pure fantasy

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
A much more proven Georgiev returned a 3rd and a 5th. Thinking any team is giving up a 1st for Vlader is pure fantasy
Yeah Georgiev is much more proven but that's not necessarily a good thing when the proof isn't exactly the best. Sometimes you can get more for the mystery bag than you can for the see-thru one.

franste Perreault

Dec 2, 2021
Just waiting next off season and look to sign Fillip Gustavsson I watch him a lot in last 3 years he can become a really good # 1 (top 15 in NHL) in 2 to 4 years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad