Value of: Mtl needs a young goalie. Who and what value?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
He had like top 5 numbers in the league. He's an rfa you could sign him long term he's only 24. Could add lysell or roster player?

I think there could be something there. No?
Product of the system. Just like Ullmark. Yeah. There might be something there. But not for the 5th OA. Get real

Reactions: Whalers Fan

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
We already have a 1C, we are also going to draft one this year and get Dubois in 2024.

Our #1D is called Lane Hutsonz may hqve heard of him, better than Quinn Hughes in the NCAA Actually... Unless you don't consider Quinn a #1D???
Well I guess technically every team has a 1C, I should have said a 1C that would be a 1C on almost any team, like EP40.

The fact you think Lane was better than Quinn because of getting more points shows you never actually watched Quinn in College. Quinn also played for team USA at 18 in the world's and wasn't on the ice for a goal against. The gap between them is absolutely massive, I will be shocked if Lane ever becomes more than a 3rd pairing defensive liability.

Quinn plays 26+ minutes a night in every situation against top competition and was a ppg +16 with his best partner being Luke Schenn.

Compating the two is an insult to Quinn who at 23 already owns several league and team records.

The hard truth you need to face is if Suzuki is your 1C and Lane is your 1D, your rebuild will be a failure.

As for this draft and PLD, at 5 chances are there won't be the 1C you were banking on and PLD is an overrated loser who is allergic to playoff style hockey, ask any Jets fan or their coach

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Well I guess technically every team has a 1C, I should have said a 1C that would be a 1C on almost any team, like EP40.

The fact you think Lane was better than Quinn because of getting more points shows you never actually watched Quinn in College. Quinn also played for team USA at 18 in the world's and wasn't on the ice for a goal against. The gap between them is absolutely massive, I will be shocked if Lane ever becomes more than a 3rd pairing defensive liability.

Quinn plays 26+ minutes a night in every situation against top competition and was a ppg +16 with his best partner being Luke Schenn.

Compating the two is an insult to Quinn who at 23 already owns several league and team records.

The hard truth you need to face is if Suzuki is your 1C and Lane is your 1D, your rebuild will be a failure.

As for this draft and PLD, at 5 chances are there won't be the 1C you were banking on and PLD is an overrated loser who is allergic to playoff style hockey, ask any Jets fan or their coach
Last time I checked... Lane will also je playing in the Worlds this year right?

And what league records does he owns? I meen Lane did JUST beat a record that's been holding for quite some time in the NCAA.

We don't really care that much if Lane is a problem defensively considering we already have Guhle. Harris. Xhekaj and Savard to take fare of the defensive part of the game. If he nets us 70-80pts we will be nore rhan happy

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Allen and Monty are good enough to hold down the fort until the team is competitive. I prefer to just keep stacking young talent at all positions until then. We also have several goalies in the system that may pan out. Draft another this year and keep building.

Reactions: loadie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad