Eklund Rumor: Mtl "All In" on Yakupov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Boy you know everything don't you? Not that I'm all that interested in getting Yakupov, he might actually flourish getting fed the puck by Galchenyuk (who by now btw is a far better shooter than Yakupov ever was) but other than that you may keep him. However, why so adamant in not getting futures for him? Edmonton isn't on the brink of contention/making the playoffs and you won't get anything else other than an other reclamation project for him as a warm NHL body. What's the point? Might as well start over with that selection.

Well, he said so in interviews when asked about it? I follow my team, I love hockey like anyone else here. Are you actually giving me flak for being a passionate fan on a forum where hardcore fans are talking hockey in August, really? :shakehead

Never said we're on the brink of contention next season. I've specifically avoided any playoff prognostications in favour of just asking our team to play hard every night.

You need to consider the reality of our situation, we only have McDavid and Drai on ELCs for so long. We don't have time to wait for 2nd round picks or making moves that don't help us right now. Why make a move that doesn't help us or improve our club for the here and now? Be reasonable and think about it.

Titsuple

Jun 23, 2009
edmonton
Yakupovs value is at its lowest. By xmas he will be moved and the return will be higher that a second round pick!

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I think the oilers should just keep him. He's a reclamation project, and he's all theirs. He might as well turn it around in Edmonton as anywhere else.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
There are 2 things in particular I find very funny by Eklunds Rumor.
First, that Mtl, or any other team, would go "All In" on Yakupov.
Second, and best of all is that apparently, according to Eklund, Mtl's version of "All In" is Emelin!
:laugh:

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Even the

"Even a blind squirrel find a nut once in a while" saying doesn't apply to Eklund

CharlesHabsFan

Jun 28, 2012
Sherbrooke, QC
Luckily, judging by trends of Bergevin this summer, we can't go all in by his definition since we don't have a younger, better and cheaper forward prospect to trade for Yakupov :sarcasm:

Though Eklund seems rather adamant that the Canadiens are pushing for Yakupov lately, which I find fairly strange... Is Bergevin trying to put an all Russian connection on the ice for some reason ? Too bad we don't have a Russian goalie ! Yakupov - Galchenyuk - Radulov / Markov - Emelin. Bring forth the Red Army.

NickLidstrom

Ottawa & Detroit fan
Dec 1, 2013
Umeå
his value is at an all time low, no sense in moving him for a 3rd round pick. Might as well see how looks in camp. The skill has always been there, the only question is if he can put it all together on the ice. No way I'd move him now, makes no sense.

The problem with Yakupov is he is always at an all time low. People were saying the same thing 2 years ago.

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
almost always hes spitting nothing but it does seem odd hes been on this one hard. after last week "bold move from habs" then this. i know its the dog days of the offseason but does it really make sense to push the same thing?

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
The problem with Yakupov is he is always at an all time low. People were saying the same thing 2 years ago.

Lower now. Is contract is up in a year and he hasn't been improving since those 2 years. Reality is catching up on potential.

I'd still try him on the Habs if the cost is cheap.

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
Second, and best of all is that apparently, according to Eklund, Mtl's version of "All In" is Emelin!

ALLexei EmelIN

Lol

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I doubt you can qualify any team as being All In on Nail Yakupov.

I like the kid and hope a good hockey career works out for him, but I wouldn't count on him being on a lot of team's GM's wish list.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Lower now. Is contract is up in a year and he hasn't been improving since those 2 years. Reality is catching up on potential.

I'd still try him on the Habs if the cost is cheap.

Yeah let's say you throw them a guy like Carr, a legit shot at being a energetic bottom 6 player that can fill that type of role.

And a 4th, or another prospect.

The Oilers traded Tobias Reider, a former fourth, and he may turn out better than Nail.

kurtcobang

Feb 18, 2007
What is Eklund's batting record????

I have yet to see him break even 1 single trade.

I am pretty sure he broke the Ryan Smyth trade to NYI that one time... Just saying.
But even if 99% of what he posts is garbage its still something to talk about no matter how comical some of it is lol

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
And then you go tell that to someone outside of HFboards and here them go "Really? You didn't understand what he ment?" Do you always read things so litteral?

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I am pretty sure he broke the Ryan Smyth trade to NYI that one time... Just saying.
But even if 99% of what he posts is garbage its still something to talk about no matter how comical some of it is lol

So, 1 time in 12 years he got something right :laugh:

Seriously, though, he'd occasionally be ahead of the curve on Flyers' related rumors when Holmgren was the GM. There's one other odd thing he broke 2 years ago. I know this because Bob McKenzie tweeted something like "Credit where credit's due, looks like the first person to have (whatever the trade was) was @Eklund." Can't remember what the trade was, though.

But yeah, someone compared his accuracy rating to a computer program that randomly generated hypothetical trades with the same frequency as his "rumors." The computer had a higher batting average.

kurtcobang

Feb 18, 2007
So, 1 time in 12 years he got something right :laugh:

Seriously, though, he'd occasionally be ahead of the curve on Flyers' related rumors when Holmgren was the GM. There's one other odd thing he broke 2 years ago. I know this because Bob McKenzie tweeted something like "Credit where credit's due, looks like the first person to have (whatever the trade was) was @Eklund." Can't remember what the trade was, though.

Yea the Smyth trade was the trade deadline show when sportsnet had Eklund in the shadows like the banker from deal or no deal lol
The mysterious Eklund haha

spaghtti

Oct 13, 2013
What are you talking about? I was talking about the "All in" comment.

BTW your GM traded a top 5 LW for a n.3 Defensmen, so don't talk too fast. Plus Emelin is far from a number 7 defensmen

I wouldn't want Emelin in my 2nd pairing and I'm sure 30 GM's feel the same
If I was GM of any team the Habs would have to pay me to take Emelin for example Emelin + 3rd for a 7th

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad