Eklund Rumor: Mtl "All In" on Yakupov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
Ladd to Chicago happened.
And there's another thread there saying ARI had interest in Vrbata at the deadline. That's Radim Vrbata, who just signed with ARI this summer.

Eklund has never been presented as "This is happening imminently!!!" He's a rumour aggregate who posts anything and everything.
If that's low enough on your barometer, then don't read these threads.

Reality is though, GMs are constantly talking. I would not be surprised if MTL has had discussions with EDM. Not one bit.
He has in fact been right before (largely, his best sources are Philly linked though) but he posts so much, you can't expect them to all come about.

Instead of arguing about the veracity, accuracy, legitimacy, or credibility of Eklund though, let's talk about the logistics of Yakupov going to Montreal.
If Eklund really bothers you that much, then just pretend its a user-created proposal.

What do you think of this deal?

BRAVO ! couldn't been more correct. It's the offseason and everyone is kinda bored lets talk about the possibility of this happening then the constant EK hate (we get it he's not reliable)...

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
My two cents is that Yakupov will start the season with Edmonton. He should get a chance to play with someone better than Lander should their centres remain healthy.

There will always be speculation surrounding Galy and Yak playing together, but Edmonton is better suited hanging on to him then selling for a 2nd or 3rd pick. They need something that can help them now in return.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida

victor

Sep 6, 2003
I'm on my phone so I can't link anything but check his post-draft interviews.

Reporter: Yakupov said he wanted a trade. Did you try to trade him at the draft?
Chiarelli: He never told me he wanted a trade.
Reporter: His agent did, though.
Chiarelli: No. No. I'm not going to comment on that.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
If Montreal can make a move around Emelin and Yakupov they'd be foolish not to. Emelin + Andrighetto looks good to me, I'd even add a pick due to Emelin's cap hit.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
This must be a hot topic on his site or it's a personal favourite of his, but he's hot on this like no other issue.
Not saying he's in the know, but if the Habs shift Shaw to the 2LW position, they are once again short an RW.
What's the consensus on the possibility of this and the possible cost?
This thread is for the trade Rumor, not Eklunds credibility.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Montreal-All-in-on-Yakupov-What-Should-the-Price-Be/1/78841
and
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklu...ostonCaps-also-interested-IslesEberle/1/78853

eklund needs hits. habs have radulov-adding yak could cause a riot

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Has aren't gonna get him unless it's a discount since they already have Radulov-Gallagher-Andrighetto in the top 9.

He could break out in a big way with a capable center though... even Desharnais, not to mention Galchenyuk... he lit it up with Derek Roy on his last legs and Desharnais is better than Roy was then.

Pateryn+ for Yak or Juulsen for Yak+

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Lucic - McDavid - Yak
Pouliot - RNH - Eberle
Maroon - Draisaitl - Puljujarvi

He's staying

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Why do the Oilers have to make a deal for other Team's Crap. MTL has been trying to pawn off Emelin for anything or anyone for 2 season's and yet now we should be happy to take him when we don't even need a left D-man?

This Rumor is bogus and should be treated as such regardless of who posted it based on the Oiler team needs. At this point we have too much invested in Yakupov to trade him for garbage. I would rather him bust outright and walk away than risk him going to another team and turning into a player.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I would rather him bust outright and walk away than risk him going to another team and turning into a player.

I really don't believe this at all. I want Yak to do well somewhere, and that could very well mean he gets traded to another team. That doesn't mean I want to lose him for nothing. If we are trading him, I'd prefer it happen during camp and preseason, not before.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Shaw-Plekanec-Gallagher
Andrighetto-Desharnais-Yakupov

Would be progress I guess.

I don't see Radulov on the top line.
First, Gallagher played great with Patches and Chucky last year. Having him in front of the net makes for a well rounded line. Plus putting 2 potentially high scorers on the same line seems a waste when you can split them up and have 2 producing, threatening lines.
I see it more like...

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Shaw-Plekanec-Radulov
Carr-Desharnais-Yakupov

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010
Yakupov most likely ends up in Vegas at the expansion draft. The lowball offers make it almost a certainty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad