Eklund Rumor: Mtl "All In" on Yakupov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

victor

Sep 6, 2003
Puljujarvi is definitely not playing in the minors this year. Coming from a leafs fan, they said he has potential to be better than Matthews and Laine, but we needed a centre.

He'll likely start in the minors, to get adjusted to the rink and system. I could see him called up after a period of time, like Draisaitl was last season.

UnicornONtheCOBB

Jun 29, 2016
his value is at an all time low, no sense in moving him for a 3rd round pick. Might as well see how looks in camp. The skill has always been there, the only question is if he can put it all together on the ice. No way I'd move him now, makes no sense.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Shaw-Plekanec-Gallagher
Andrighetto-Desharnais-Yakupov

Would be progress I guess.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Add another thread to the list of "Eklund Rumors" that never come to fruition.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3&prefixid=a6

Ladd to Chicago happened.
And there's another thread there saying ARI had interest in Vrbata at the deadline. That's Radim Vrbata, who just signed with ARI this summer.

Eklund has never been presented as "This is happening imminently!!!" He's a rumour aggregate who posts anything and everything.
If that's low enough on your barometer, then don't read these threads.

Reality is though, GMs are constantly talking. I would not be surprised if MTL has had discussions with EDM. Not one bit.
He has in fact been right before (largely, his best sources are Philly linked though) but he posts so much, you can't expect them to all come about.

Instead of arguing about the veracity, accuracy, legitimacy, or credibility of Eklund though, let's talk about the logistics of Yakupov going to Montreal.
If Eklund really bothers you that much, then just pretend its a user-created proposal.

What do you think of this deal?

Poochie_D

Oct 31, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
I would do Yak for Emelin.

Not because I think Emelin is trash cause he isn't. He's a solid second-third pairing D man. Montreal gets cap relief and a forward with potential and Edmonton gets a bonafide NHL defender.

victor

Sep 6, 2003
I would do Yak for Emelin.

Not because I think Emelin is trash cause he isn't. He's a solid second-third pairing D man. Montreal gets cap relief and a forward with potential and Edmonton gets a bonafide NHL defender.

Edmonton already has Klefbom, Sekera, Davidson, Nurse, Reinhart as left shooting defenders. I can't see them taking on another one at $4.1m.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
But what fans refuse to get and accept is that Yak, reportedly, wants out of Edmonton and the Oilers, reportedly, want to accommodate that. Also, Yaks value has dropped and is continuing to do so, and trading him now, before he bottoms out in Edmonton, makes more sense than holding out hope he will rebound there and improve or at least increase his value.

Old saying..."Cut bait and run"

There were rumors that Yakupov and Hall didn't get along. Maybe Yak wants to stay now. It still doesn't make him a good player but his cap hit is cheap and there's still some potential.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I personally really like Yak. I do think that a change of scenery could be good for him, but first I want to see him with either McDavid or Draisaitl to start the season. He obviously lacks chemistry with the Nuge, but I think he can be a good fit on McDavid's wing again. That frees up Ebs to play with one of Drai or Nuge, and Puljujarvi to play with the other.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
But what fans refuse to get and accept is that Yak, reportedly, wants out of Edmonton and the Oilers, reportedly, want to accommodate that. Also, Yaks value has dropped and is continuing to do so, and trading him now, before he bottoms out in Edmonton, makes more sense than holding out hope he will rebound there and improve or at least increase his value.

Old saying..."Cut bait and run"

It's also been "reported" (straight out of Chiarelli's mouth) that Yakupov didn't ask for a trade. Obviously we can believe who we want, but the point is the situation obviously isn't as black and white as you think.

And yes, the Oilers should just cut bait and run, just like Tampa did with Drouin because some here insisted his trade value was plummeting by the second.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
It's also been "reported" (straight out of Chiarelli's mouth) that Yakupov didn't ask for a trade. Obviously we can believe who we want, but the point is the situation obviously isn't as black and white as you think.

And yes, the Oilers should just cut bait and run, just like Tampa did with Drouin because some here insisted his trade value was plummeting by the second.

Can you post that link with Chiarelli making that claim.I seem to have missed it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad