Eklund Rumor: Mtl "All In" on Yakupov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
What I heard is that the Contract means nothing to Montreal because if Weber retires before contract ends Cap hit goes back to thr preds....win win for the habs

I doubt the nhl holds a recapture penalty against the predators if weber retires. They didn't even make the contract they were being bullied by Philly and ended up matching.

Maybe if the kovalchuk rule was in place before they matched it but they didn't even try to circumvent the cap they had to either match or let him go.

PsychoDad

Apr 20, 2007
Berlin
Lol, people thinking that Yakupov is worth a 2nd or 3rd. Is this real?
Yakupov is still worth a mid to late 1st, most of the players picked with these picks don't end up better than him anyway. Brett Connolly went for 2 2nds.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I doubt the nhl holds a recapture penalty against the predators if weber retires. They didn't even make the contract they were being bullied by Philly and ended up matching.

Maybe if the kovalchuk rule was in place before they matched it but they didn't even try to circumvent the cap they had to either match or let him go.

already confirmed. if weber retires, the preds are heavily penalized. For instance, if he retires before his last season of his contract, the preds are penalized for 24M$ of their cap hit, which would essentially force them out of competition and blow the team up. I would believe that would be the reason Weber wont retire if he truly loves Nashville as he says.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Yakupov is still worth a mid to late 1st, most of the players picked with these picks don't end up better than him anyway. Brett Connolly went for 2 2nds.

he is worth more than a late 1rst. I would say late 1rst + B or C level prospect. Dont look at HF posts nor threads to assess his value.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Hall was #3 left winger ranked by most media including The Hockey News.
Facts outweigh your personal bias
I like Hall and agree with ranking , but when he was a Oiler he was a dumb one dimensional winger. Now he is not he is getting the credit he should of to begin with.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
Yakupov? well as 1st overall AND now 2-3 years into the NHL he should be at a 30-40 goal pace. He is NOT and no amount of people telling me that he is going to be a 30-40 goal guy in Edmonton is going to convince me he is not just chicken soup. NO GM in the league is going to give the Oil his top 10 1st rounder and plus other a or b prospects.
Anybody that takes on Yak is taking a chance at this point. If the Oil don't trade him for WHATEVER they can get at this point, Yax will RUN and I do mean RUN from Edmonton when he is a UFA and the OIL get NOTHING. So go ahead keep refusing trades that if fact might help and watch Yak put up the for sale sign on his house in Edmonton.
I know a lot of people that owned Nortel stock, and when the stock started to dive to the floor kept telling themselves is all going to come back, as the song says, you have to know when to hold them, you have to know when to fold them, you have to know when to walk away and you have to know when to RUN.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Yakupov? well as 1st overall AND now 2-3 years into the NHL he should be at a 30-40 goal pace. He is NOT and no amount of people telling me that he is going to be a 30-40 goal guy in Edmonton is going to convince me he is not just chicken soup. NO GM in the league is going to give the Oil his top 10 1st rounder and plus other a or b prospects.
Anybody that takes on Yak is taking a chance at this point. If the Oil don't trade him for WHATEVER they can get at this point, Yax will RUN and I do mean RUN from Edmonton when he is a UFA and the OIL get NOTHING. So go ahead keep refusing trades that if fact might help and watch Yak put up the for sale sign on his house in Edmonton.
I know a lot of people that owned Nortel stock, and when the stock started to dive to the floor kept telling themselves is all going to come back, as the song says, you have to know when to hold them, you have to know when to fold them, you have to know when to walk away and you have to know when to RUN.
Yakupov is not a ufa till 19/20 season

PsychoDad

Apr 20, 2007
Berlin

Lol, this is not a stock company, this is a player. A 2nd or 3rd round draft picks have not much value, especially for Edmonton, so yeah, a team will take a gamble of losing him to UFA before giving him away for basically nothing, just because you think he will RUN. Teams gamble every trade deadline too, you know, gambling their future for a chance of winning. This is not Dow Jones.

And, btw, regarding your 30-40 goals expectations - Taylor Hall doesn't have a 30 goal season to his name, neither does McKinnon or RNH. Ofc Yakupov is well off even that career trajectory, but he still is 3rd in scoring among his draft buddies.

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
already confirmed. if weber retires, the preds are heavily penalized. For instance, if he retires before his last season of his contract, the preds are penalized for 24M$ of their cap hit, which would essentially force them out of competition and blow the team up. I would believe that would be the reason Weber wont retire if he truly loves Nashville as he says.

I think he'll eventually get the Pronger treatment and be on LTIR. Everyone talking about the penalty but the NHL hasn't really made anyone accountable for these things.

As far as Yak, if it's that cheap, absolutely get him. Competition in the organization is a good thing amongst similar players (yak, reway, ghetto, ect.)

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013

One major thing affecting Yaks trade value. is next year’s expansion draft.

Any club acquiring Yakupov must protect him in that draft or risk losing him for nothing.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013

Based on what exactly is he worth more? Don't use Brett Connolly as your ammo. He hasn't done anything of note and he is a bust. Busts are worth mid to late first round picks. Get some sense. The only people who think he has that value are uninformed Edmonton fans. We have had four drafts since he has been chosen number one overall, and yet, still waiting for him to materialize. Yep, first round pick in return. LOL

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I would love to see Yakupov in a habs jersey. I don't think Therrien is the right coach for him (or anyone for that matter), but he would be worth the gamble.

I really don't know what his value is, and agree it probably isn't as rock bottom as some are making out.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014

Any club acquiring Yakupov must protect him in that draft or risk losing him for nothing.

Montreal would probably protect:

Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Shaw, Radulov, Hudon,*********
Weber, Petry, Beaulieu,
Price

We have the room to be able to protect him imo.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
This must be a hot topic on his site or it's a personal favourite of his, but he's hot on this like no other issue.
Not saying he's in the know, but if the Habs shift Shaw to the 2LW position, they are once again short an RW.
What's the consensus on the possibility of this and the possible cost?
This thread is for the trade Rumor, not Eklunds credibility.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Montreal-All-in-on-Yakupov-What-Should-the-Price-Be/1/78841
and
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklu...ostonCaps-also-interested-IslesEberle/1/78853

Is Shaw playing on the second line a real thing or a theoretical? He's a good third liner, but a bit out of his element in the top 6.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Is Shaw playing on the second line a real thing or a theoretical? He's a good third liner, but a bit out of his element in the top 6.

We may have a few kids who could crack the line-up and slot into the top 6. Lehkonen/Hudon.

We don't have a lock in 2LW, which means Shaw could be the guy there. Not ideal, but we don't have a ton of great options. I would prefer him in a 3rd line role personally.

PsychoDad

Apr 20, 2007
Berlin
Based on what exactly is he worth more? Don't use Brett Connolly as your ammo. He hasn't done anything of note and he is a bust. Busts are worth mid to late first round picks. Get some sense. The only people who think he has that value are uninformed Edmonton fans. We have had four drafts since he has been chosen number one overall, and yet, still waiting for him to materialize. Yep, first round pick in return. LOL

Don't use Brett Connoly as my ammo? Why not? Bruins didn't even qualify him, a #6 pick, a year after the trade. What has he shawn more than Yak? Griffin Reinhardt went for a 16th pick, 4th pick of the same draft, projecting as a bottom pairing stay at home D, didn't he not? Terevainen didn't show much more than Yakupov at the NHL, yet went for a 2nd and 3rd AND the godawful Bickell contract going the other way.

Yes, he still has a first round pick value, LOL my ass.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
The Oilers are probably better off keeping him and seeing if he can get any better. He was a 1st overall pick. Big investment.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Shaw-Plekanec-Gallagher
Andrighetto-Desharnais-Yakupov

Would be progress I guess.

that third line is BRUTAL and would get ragdolled every shift. Two oopa-loompa's and an underperforming enigma with low hockey IQ does not a NHL line make.

As a MTL fan, I dont want yakupov because for what I perceive his value to be, the oil will simply keep him hoping for some magical reversal of fortunes.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Why do Montreal want him so much?

because we can't score and all of our other reclamation projects to help with that have turned out so well ?

Why is montreal interested in a guy who MIGHT score ? Because we are that desperate, that's why.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

I'm guessing that if Yak were traded, it would be for a player who probably won't be protected in the draft and a prospect and/or pick.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010

Sure, but some teams don't have all that many forwards worth protecting.
Just for example.. Phoenix. Which 7 forwards are worth protecting? Many of their valuable forwards are exempt from the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad