Eklund Rumor: Mtl "All In" on Yakupov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Why do Montreal want him so much?

There's nothing outside of rumour to really suggest that Montreal wants him badly. That said, there's a logical connection to Galchenyuk. If Alex could revitalize Nail, it could be win win. You're not tied to Nail long term at this point. If it didn't work, you could let him walk only having lost what it took to get him and not years of cap space.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Yakupov? well as 1st overall AND now 2-3 years into the NHL he should be at a 30-40 goal pace. He is NOT and no amount of people telling me that he is going to be a 30-40 goal guy in Edmonton is going to convince me he is not just chicken soup. NO GM in the league is going to give the Oil his top 10 1st rounder and plus other a or b prospects.
Anybody that takes on Yak is taking a chance at this point. If the Oil don't trade him for WHATEVER they can get at this point, Yax will RUN and I do mean RUN from Edmonton when he is a UFA and the OIL get NOTHING. So go ahead keep refusing trades that if fact might help and watch Yak put up the for sale sign on his house in Edmonton.
I know a lot of people that owned Nortel stock, and when the stock started to dive to the floor kept telling themselves is all going to come back, as the song says, you have to know when to hold them, you have to know when to fold them, you have to know when to walk away and you have to know when to RUN.

So I guess #1 overall Nathan MacKinnon is worth a 2nd round pick too since he only scored 21 goals last year. In fact, if Yakupov got first line and PP mins like MacKinnon, I'm willing to bet he'd do better than 21 goals and 59 points.

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
So I guess #1 overall Nathan MacKinnon is worth a 2nd round pick too since he only scored 21 goals last year. In fact, if Yakupov got first line and PP mins like MacKinnon, I'm willing to bet he'd do better than 21 goals and 59 points.

That's a stretch...anyone who can get Yak to produce as a secondary scoring winger should consider themselves lucky. He might only ever top out at 20 goals 40 points IF he can figure his game out. He has a great shot, average skating but his hockey IQ is horrible. MacKinnon is much better than Yak AINEC.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011

1st line time is a rare commodity you don't just give it to players, especially players who have deomstrated for 4 seasons that they are are not worthy of it.

He's a coattail rider, not good enough to stir the drink himself in the top 6, lacks the skils and/or the inclination to play bottom six. He could end up a complimetary player and probably could produce if he had a role that didnt require situatiuonal awareness or one with drastically lower expectations of a 1OA. but a guy driving his line, he aint.

Toggel

Feb 26, 2015
1st line time is a rare commodity you don't just give it to players, especially players who have deomstrated for 4 seasons that they are are not worthy of it.

He's a coattail rider, not good enough to stir the drink himself in the top 6, lacks the skils and/or the inclination to play bottom six. He could end up a complimetary player and probably could produce if he had a role that didnt require situatiuonal awareness or one with drastically lower expectations of a 1OA. but a guy driving his line, he aint.

Putting complimentary players with Crosby, Malkin et al worked terribly for the Pens, The Oilers really should just stack one like like the pens should have.

Why have 3 scoring lines when you can have Malkin-Crosby-Kessel right?

You use yak with McDavid because he produces at a good rate (similar to Eberle in their limited time) then use Eberle to bolster the RNH or Drai line.

The difference between Yak/Ebs on Mcdavids wing is probably 10 points but the difference with them on RNHs wing is much much greater.

Avs44

May 16, 2011

One of the more ignorant comments on this site, and displaying a very minimal understanding of hockey.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

Yeah not sure you should compare Yak to McKinnon . I love Yak and if he was on the 1st line . I am sure he would be close to McKinnon but McKinnon can carry his line Yak will never carry a line . I also want yak to be given the year on the top line

Lucic McDavid Yakupov . Yak put up a 3.55 goal pace per 60 min with McDavid
Pouliot RNH Eberle Proven line .
Maroon Draisaitl Puljujarvi Soft min will create a very good scoring third line

Ederle may put up an extra 15 to 25 points with McDavid where as Yakupov may put on an extra 30 . If anything it raise Yak value if the see what he can do with a good C instead of bottom 6 forwards

PsychoDad

Apr 20, 2007
Berlin
Take out Emelin, Andrighetto, and downgrade the 2nd to a 3rd...and it's closer.

The second Edmonton asks for something around 2nd + 3rd for Yakupov they will have 29 offers on the table. Everyone who thinks differently should reconsider his choice of favorite sport.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad